East Bound Transatlantic Magic May 8th 2022 - Let's try this again... :)

Anyone else on here with elementary school age kids? We will have our 8 year old boy on the trip.
Yes! We will have our eight year old girl with us! She'll be thrilled to know that there's another kiddo her age!

Appriciate all the Rome recomendations.. But let me just ask so if one takes the Disney tours none will get you into the Sistine Chapel and the Collosseum ???

Now I have to say I am alittle uneasy taking an non disney tour into Rome and back to the ship. I do have some concerns about being being on an non disney tour that goes so far from the ship. Are my concerns unfounded???

Last edited:
Appriciate all the Rome recomendations.. But let me just ask so if one takes the Disney tours none will get you into the Sistine Chapel and the Collosseum ???

Now I have to say I am alittle uneasy taking an non disney tour into Rome and back to the ship. I do have some concerns about being being on an non disney cruise that goes so far from the ship. Are my concerns unfounded???

You will have to decide your own comfort level but we took the train into Rome and saw a lot! I had pre-booked skip the line tickets for Coliseum which saved us a lot of time and there were a lot of others from the ship at the train station that morning.

Is anyone thinking about Disneyland Paris after the cruise? The last time we were on the EBTA that ended in Barcelona, we stayed in Barcelona, but I remember talking to groups headed toward Paris by train who were then headed to DLP. I would like to go there.

In Fall 2022, we have a Celebrity cruise out of Rome that stops in Israel. I have been pleased to have the information about touring Rome on our own. We will spend some nights there before the cruise.

Now I have to say I am alittle uneasy taking an non disney tour into Rome and back to the ship. I do have some concerns about being being on an non disney tour that goes so far from the ship. Are my concerns unfounded???

Everyone has to decide what their comfort level is. Most tour operators we've used will plan on getting you back at least an hour prior to the time you're supposed to be on board. They don't want to risk it. All these companies live and die by their reputations and online reviews. They will do whatever it takes to you back on time, as they cannot risk a bad review. I'm also sure that any company we've used would have done whatever was necessary to help us get to the next port had something unexpected happen. They wouldn't just abandon us.

For our family the enhanced experiences we've had using independent tours outweighs the risks. But other families aren't as comfortable with that and choose to stay with the cruise line. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and we've taken some great tours through the cruise lines from time to time (sometimes it's the only way to do a certain thing if the cruise line has bought out the experience). If using an independent operator or just going out on your own is going to make you uncomfortable, I wouldn't do it. You're on vacation. It's supposed to be relaxing and fun! But if you're willing to take a (minimal, in my opinion) risk, you will probably see more and possibly save money. There's no right or wrong answer, though. It's Europe. It's going to be great no matter what you do! :flower1:

Hi all! My husband and I will be joining you on the EBTA! This will be our third TA, second eastbound. We're B2Bing with the med cruise, but now that I know there's a 3 night Castaway cruise before it I might start scheming to add that one, too... 😂
Yes...we'll be on for the long trip with you! From reading down the entire list, it seems like there will be more than a few joining us!

Are you actually fully booked for both trips? My travel agent just told me that I couldn't do back to back on these two trips. Something about an open loop cruise followed by a closed loop cruse.

Are you actually fully booked for both trips? My travel agent just told me that I couldn't do back to back on these two trips. Something about an open loop cruise followed by a closed loop cruse.
Yes. We have both of these booked. You can book them...you may want to ask your agent again. Hope to see you soon!

Hello everyone! This will be our 2nd EBTA cruise. Our first was in 2017 and we haven't stopped wishing we were back on it since! My 15 year old will be with us. I'm so excited there are other teens cruising with us!

Hello! I’ll be joining you on this cruise. It’ll be my DH and 2 of my 3 sons. Ages 23 and 21.
this is our first EBTA. Actually,I’ve all will be getting a passport for the first time. Very excited!!!

^ We fly into PHL, and right now are looking. DH just learned of health issues that need to be addressed. We are dealing with that right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter