East Bound Transatlantic Magic May 8th 2022 - Let's try this again... :)

I sent the sad, sad email to my TA today. We are going to cancel. We had originally planned on taking this cruise then hopping onto an NCL ship the day after we docked in Barcelona and sailing around Spain, France and Italy. But we finally decided the logistics of testing, restrictions on what you can do in port, and the overall potential for Covid issues just weren't worth the stress. We have to use our NCL Cruise Next certificates by the end of 2022, so we are moving that cruise to the fall. It will be a round trip out of NYC which we can easily drive to. We love the New England / Canadian coastline ports and while it's not Europe we will have a blast and won't have an ocean between us and home should something go awry.

Anyway - for those of you continuing on I hope you have an amazing trip! We will get on a transatlantic someday, but it's just not going to be in 2022.
I, like you, shed a few tears myself. I'm certain when you choose something else that you feel comfortable with you will certainly enjoy yourself. I always say to do what you feel is right. I got it out of my system by doing a b2b in October...western caribbean all together we had 3 days at castaway...oh the joy it was! Spain, France, Italy...see ya real soon!

We're cancelling the TA 😭 We're not giving up on the Med just yet, though. We booked a 5 night out of Miami in February, and we'll hopefully book a TA/Panama/Hawaii next fall. It was fun dreaming about this trip with all of you while it lasted!

I noticed that you can no longer pick staterooms (at least for verandas) Does this mean the ship is close to full?

I noticed that you can no longer pick staterooms (at least for verandas) Does this mean the ship is close to full?
I noticed that too. I think initially it was pretty full because many transferred the 2021 EBTA to our 2022 EBTA. However I know many are now cancelling. Can it be that Disney doesn't want to fill those cabins that are being cancelled so if our cruise does sail, it won't sail at full capacity?

We are not seeing excursions listed, but it should be time for some to start booking. Are there lists of excursions available so we can start deciding which we may want once our window opens?

Do we know if those are current (Based on Covid availability)? I also notice neither Malaga or Cartagena have any options

Do we know if those are current (Based on Covid availability)? I also notice neither Malaga or Cartagena have any options
Malaga and Cartagena excursions are listed under Mediterranean Ports instead of Transatlantic ports. I don't know why Disney IT can't cross-reference those ports under both headings. *sigh*

I recently received a “like” here, but sadly, we have cancelled this cruise.
Probably was me. I forgot to check here to communicate with my fellow sailors. I was just happy thumbs everything. I noticed just a second ago that your out. Sorry about that.

Mom and I are booked. Yay! This will be our first EBTA. We should have platinum status but our last two cruises were cancelled. Wah wah wah. Still, we are happy to be Gold.
I’m putting in our reservation for two for breakfast. Lol. We don’t know any other Dis’ers. So this sounds like fun.
So we are having a mom and me sailing also. My daughter is 22.
One more thing...has anyone thought about splitting the cost of a 6-8 passenger van in Italy? This way we can see all of Italy, including the Vatican. I would rather see it all and save on the rates? Just a thought.🤔
You still trying to work this out? We plan to be in Rome on the night of the 23rd.

Probably was me. I forgot to check here to communicate with my fellow sailors. I was just happy thumbs everything. I noticed just a second ago that your out. Sorry about that.
I’m the one who’s really sorry that we cancelled. Have a wonderful cruise. We put too much on the calendar for this year.

We cannot wait to sail with you all!!!
This is our first cruise and my husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary and his 40th birthday!

Since we got married, our family grew by 3. So we will be bringing our 3 year old and 20m old twins!

This is our first Disney trip and our first international trip with the whole family. We will take any tips you have! Thanks!

Greetings to all. I'm so excited to be going on this adventure with you. I am traveling with my sister and this will be our 1st TransAtlantic crossing. Let's start posting more and getting to know each other before or journey begins. It truly right around the corner. (Positive vibes and it will happen).I usually don't do a lot of posting but after such a extended break from cruising I am really excited! Let's start a Roll Call so that we can get know our fellow cruise mates. If you are interested in adding your room number just let me know and I will edit add it to the list.
CruzOle & sister
lisaburnsmiles
braysmommy
ct7878
Beaker341
Indy1919A4
mama&me

JannasMamma
msmama
Toulou
Kendle
Susan Thames
mommyofthreeboys
samdeanmiketyler
cedricandsophie
DebT.
Stichodagrooywall-eeve

Last edited:
What are you all doing for Euros? Should I go to the bank before the trip? Does the ship exchange onboard? Or should I wait to find an ATM once we dock in port?

What are you all doing for Euros? Should I go to the bank before the trip? Does the ship exchange onboard? Or should I wait to find an ATM once we dock in port?

For past cruises when we booked private excursions I've gone to AAA to get the proper amount of euros needed. If we just need some Euros while in port I use my capital one and get it from an ATM.

Thank you, #braysmommy. I will probably use my cc that does not charge exchange fees at an ATM as well.
#CruzOle, I am sending out a bunch of positive vibes that we have a safe and fun journey.

Greetings to all. I'm so excited to be going on this adventure with you. I am traveling with my sister and this will be our 1st TransAtlantic crossing. Let's start posting more and getting to know each other before or journey begins. It truly right around the corner. (Positive vibes and it will happen).I usually don't do a lot of posting but after such a extended break from cruising I am really excited! Let's start a Roll Call so that we can get know our fellow cruise mates. If you are interested in adding your room number just let me know and I will edit add it to the list.
CruzOle & sister
lisaburnsmiles
braysmommy
ct7878
Beaker341
Indy1919A4
mama&me
GirlieGirl
JannasMamma
msmama
Toulou
Kendle
Susan Thames
mommyofthreeboys
samdeanmiketyler
cedricandsophie
DebT.
Stichodagrooywall-eeve
Oh man! I didn't update this but we cancelled the cruise. Just too many unknowns with traveling abroad right now. Enjoy the journey - we LOVED the 2017 EBTA and were looking forward to going again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter