• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

East Bound Transatlantic Magic May 8th 2022 - Let's try this again... :)

Hello! I’ll be joining you on this cruise. It’ll be my DH and 2 of my 3 sons. Ages 23 and 21.
this is our first EBTA. Actually,I’ve all will be getting a passport for the first time. Very excited!!!

I highly recommend you apply for your passports ASAP. I don't know how long new passports are taking, but I can tell you from personal experience that renewals are taking over 5 months!! I mailed my renewal application and soon-to-expire current passport on June 14 and am being told it will be November 19 before I receive my new one... and that is only if everything in my application is correct, including the photo.

Hi to everyone...again!! With all of the changes going on just hoping that all is well. Ok then...who is still going? Count me in!!🤭🙂 anyone else still on board?

We have not cancelled yet, we are still awaiting to see what it will actually look like! Month by month things change so much...

Still on board but waiting to buy airfare. If Panama Canal actually cruises I will be watching to see how it goes since if things go badly, covid wise, I don't think it will be good for us.

We are on it. My husband and I and our adult daughter with Down syndrome and her best friend. We did west bound trans in 2019. Loved it. We love those days at sea.

We are still onboard but have not purchased airfare. Basically all I've done is book hotels in Miami and Barcelona using our Marriott points and that can all be cancelled. I even stopped looking at the ports of call for stuff to do. Back when we booked this in the Spring I never thought we'd still be in this situation. As of right now, I don't even know which countries will even let us in (we have an NCL cruise booked the day after this one that goes through Spain, Italy and France).

We'll see what happens, though. We haven't cancelled yet! But the longer this all goes on the less hopeful I am that we end up going.

Sadly, we’re backing out of this. We decided the Wish’s Maiden voyage is too soon after we would be getting home from Europe. We are changing this to something in March.

Sadly, we’re backing out of this. We decided the Wish’s Maiden voyage is too soon after we would be getting home from Europe. We are changing this to something in March.
So sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to meeting you but I totally understand. I have seen some of your other posts and hope your husband is doing well. Happy cruising.

So sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to meeting you but I totally understand. I have seen some of your other posts and hope your husband is doing well. Happy cruising.
Thank you. DH’s lung operation is October 18.
I wish you happy cruising as well!! :boat:

We're still booked, but a little nervous. My parents and our kids are supposed to be meeting us in Barcelona for the Med cruise following the TA. I'm worrying what would happen if we ended up catching covid during the TA, if we might not be allowed to sail the Med. Luckily with the change in final payment, we still have plenty of time to decide.

I sent the sad, sad email to my TA today. We are going to cancel. We had originally planned on taking this cruise then hopping onto an NCL ship the day after we docked in Barcelona and sailing around Spain, France and Italy. But we finally decided the logistics of testing, restrictions on what you can do in port, and the overall potential for Covid issues just weren't worth the stress. We have to use our NCL Cruise Next certificates by the end of 2022, so we are moving that cruise to the fall. It will be a round trip out of NYC which we can easily drive to. We love the New England / Canadian coastline ports and while it's not Europe we will have a blast and won't have an ocean between us and home should something go awry.

Anyway - for those of you continuing on I hope you have an amazing trip! We will get on a transatlantic someday, but it's just not going to be in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter