Easiest/most affordable travel

mlshannon

Earning My Ears
My family and I are flying into Orlando Airport the day before our cruise out of Port Canaveral. What is the most affordable way to get from the airport to hotel to cruise port? Thinking about renting a car but it just seems so expensive. I am also looking into go port. We will also have our 3 year old with us. Any recommendations and help is greatly appreciated.

My family and I are flying into Orlando Airport the day before our cruise out of Port Canaveral. What is the most affordable way to get from the airport to hotel to cruise port? Thinking about renting a car but it just seems so expensive. I am also looking into go port. We will also have our 3 year old with us. Any recommendations and help is greatly appreciated.

Historically people have said if you have more people renting a car is the best way to go (although I hear it has become very expensive).

When we did it in 2019, we flew in the afternoon before. It was me, DH and DS (4) and we did a private car service (they provided the car seats) to the hotel by the port, the hotel had an AM shuttle to the port, and the car service took us home.

Tomorrow just me and DS (now almost 7) are going alone. We’re going to stay at a hotel right by the airport that has a free shuttle and on Monday, I’ve reserved us a shuttle to the port (and they’ll take us back to the airport when we return Friday).

For 3 people in 2019 on the private car it was $225 round trip plus tip. The shuttle this week is going to cost 2 of us $72 plus tip. Car service was super easy. I’ll let you know how the shuttle goes when we get back.

Hope that helps.

Historically people have said if you have more people renting a car is the best way to go (although I hear it has become very expensive).

When we did it in 2019, we flew in the afternoon before. It was me, DH and DS (4) and we did a private car service (they provided the car seats) to the hotel by the port, the hotel had an AM shuttle to the port, and the car service took us home.

Tomorrow just me and DS (now almost 7) are going alone. We’re going to stay at a hotel right by the airport that has a free shuttle and on Monday, I’ve reserved us a shuttle to the port (and they’ll take us back to the airport when we return Friday).

For 3 people in 2019 on the private car it was $225 round trip plus tip. The shuttle this week is going to cost 2 of us $72 plus tip. Car service was super easy. I’ll let you know how the shuttle goes when we get back.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the information. Please let me know how it goes. I hope y'all have a great time. Stay safe.

As for many things, easiest and cheapest are not always the same. You do not mention where you plan on staying. The easiest way to travel is to stay at the Hyatt in the airport then take the DCL shuttle in the morning.

For our first few cruises, we stayed at PC the night before, using either a car service or renting a car, but now we always do Hyatt/Shuttle. Of course, the more you are, the pricier that option gets, but we found the few extra $ it costs for the three of us are well worth it for the convenience.

If alot of people in your party, try TURO it's a pretty affordable way to rent a car.

We had great experiences with Tiffany Car Service in September and December. You can book directly on their website and the charges are very clear.

If your hotel has an airport shuttle, you could always shuttle back to the airport on cruise day and take the DCL bus to the port. It's $39 per person, though, so it might not be cheaper than hiring a car.

We are looking at staying at a hotel near the airport for one night and then an UberXL the next morning. There are five of us (and all kids are far out of car seats). I looked on the app yesterday and I think it will be about $90 for the trip.

Goport worked well for us at Christmas with 7 people. And they handled our hotel reservation as well. Hampton Gateway has "early to cruise" 930 pickup, so we arrived at port right at 11 (our PAT). Note that you will likely pick up from several hotels and drop off at several ships (ours was 3rd and last). Pickup was slightly more of a pain. They picked up at Royal first so we had a bit of a wait (30 minutes) from the time we checked in at the kiosk to when the bus arrived. Goport also does transportation only from either hotel or airport, around $25pp round trip. Note that the budget airlines have HUGE lines at the airport - as usual Spirit went well beyond the middle of the terminal.

We are looking at staying at a hotel near the airport for one night and then an UberXL the next morning. There are five of us (and all kids are far out of car seats). I looked on the app yesterday and I think it will be about $90 for the trip.
Be sure you have a backup plan for this option. While uber will quote you a price, that doesn’t mean there are drivers willing to take on the hour drive there and another hour back with no passengers. Some people get lucky, but sometimes you can strike out and not get a driver at all.

As for many things, easiest and cheapest are not always the same. You do not mention where you plan on staying. The easiest way to travel is to stay at the Hyatt in the airport then take the DCL shuttle in the morning.

For our first few cruises, we stayed at PC the night before, using either a car service or renting a car, but now we always do Hyatt/Shuttle. Of course, the more you are, the pricier that option gets, but we found the few extra $ it costs for the three of us are well worth it for the convenience.
I am not sure where we are staying yet. I didn't know if a package deal was better or not.

If your hotel has an airport shuttle, you could always shuttle back to the airport on cruise day and take the DCL bus to the port. It's $39 per person, though, so it might not be cheaper than hiring a car.
Does the DCL bus o ly pick up at certian hotels?

You aren't very specific as to how many are in your traveling party. Generally, DCL transfers to/from airport to port for parties of 2 or 3 is the
cheapest and easiest. More than 4 people, private transfers (limo, town car, rental car) are usually less cost.
DCL buses only depart from the airport. Or WDW resorts.

Well, only the Hyatt at MCO has an agreement for DCL buses. But you can get the DCL bus from MCO even if you aren't staying at the Hyatt. So, if you stay at a hotel that has a shuttle to/from MCO, then you can get the DCL bus from MCO.

Well, only the Hyatt at MCO has an agreement for DCL buses. But you can get the DCL bus from MCO even if you aren't staying at the Hyatt. So, if you stay at a hotel that has a shuttle to/from MCO, then you can get the DCL bus from MCO.
Not just Hyatt. Any Disney World hotel that is Disney-owned.

Not just Hyatt. Any Disney World hotel that is Disney-owned.

Sure, but those aren't the "easiest" or "most affordable" options, so they didn't seem worth mentioning. Especially since the bus to the WDW resorts isn't free anymore.

You aren't very specific as to how many are in your traveling party. Generally, DCL transfers to/from airport to port for parties of 2 or 3 is the
cheapest and easiest. More than 4 people, private transfers (limo, town car, rental car) are usually less cost.

DCL buses only depart from the airport. Or WDW resorts.
It will be 3 of us. My husband and I and our 3 year old.

Wonder if it is the same pickup point? We stayed at the Marriott on Augusta National Drive, took their shuttle from MCO to the hotel, and then took their shuttle the next day and they dropped us right off at the Disney buses.

Sure, but those aren't the "easiest" or "most affordable" options, so they didn't seem worth mentioning. Especially since the bus to the WDW resorts isn't free anymore.
Guess it depends on your definition of easy. OP is traveling with a child and for me, it is easier to travel with my kids if I have a means of entertaining them. Disney hotels have great pools, kid friendly restaurants with outdoor dining options if I am trying to play it safe before a cruise. To me, that’s easier than staying at an airport hotel. YMMV.

Wonder if it is the same pickup point? We stayed at the Marriott on Augusta National Drive, took their shuttle from MCO to the hotel, and then took their shuttle the next day and they dropped us right off at the Disney buses.
Before the pandemic, there was no pickup at the Hyatt. You were directed to go down to the lower level of Terminal B and catch the bus there. A few posters here have reported that they now send a bus directly to the Hyatt for all the guests staying there. I’m not sure if this is for all cruises or only those with enough guests staying at the Hyatt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter