• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easier to add or delete?

samacita

Mouseketeer
We will probably book our resort reservation before flights are released, but we have very specific flight times in mind and not sure if we'll get them or not. If we don't get want we're hoping for, our travel dates will change (late evening vs early morning next day).

My question is: should we make the reservation with the night before date, hoping we'll get that flight? I've been told it's easy to change a reservation (we should be well ahead of the deadline to make changes), but is it any easier to add a day versus delete a day? Does it matter?

samacita said:
We will probably book our resort reservation before flights are released, but we have very specific flight times in mind and not sure if we'll get them or not. If we don't get want we're hoping for, our travel dates will change (late evening vs early morning next day).

My question is: should we make the reservation with the night before date, hoping we'll get that flight? I've been told it's easy to change a reservation (we should be well ahead of the deadline to make changes), but is it any easier to add a day versus delete a day? Does it matter?

I would think taking a day off would be easier, in case your resort books up.

Reserving what you think you may need and then deleting, if necessary, is best as that way you will be assured of your resort and room type.

It's definitely easier to delete. Your resort or discount could sell out which wouldn't let you add a night at the same place.
Unless, of course, you're within your 45 day mark for a package, at which point they may charge you the $50 change fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter