Early Entry

Does every person in your group need to have a hotel ID to get in? I am especialy wondering about kids (3 and 13).

karylrocks said:
Does every person in your group need to have a hotel ID to get in? I am especialy wondering about kids (3 and 13).
karylrocks,
When we used this, I showed the little paper that you use for room charges (the CM would not accept the room key) and DH and DS just followed me in.

-DC :earsboy:

Wow! I think this has become the biggest thread in the Disneyland section of the DIS :cool1:

Man, I have too much time on my hands. :rotfl:

-Matthew

Hey, Phase 1 of our trip is complete. Made the drive from Colorado to SoCal yesterday/Wednesday (17 hours door to door!!!). My wife and I are both originally from SoCal, and both sets of parents still live here. Will rest up a few days with the folks before EE Monday! :banana:

HydroGuy said:
Hey, Phase 1 of our trip is complete. Made the drive from Colorado to SoCal yesterday/Wednesday (17 hours door to door!!!).

Quite a backup on I-5 right now, I would imagine. :sad2:

CindyH said:
Quite a backup on I-5 right now, I would imagine. :sad2:
Sorry, but missed your meaning here. Is this standard I-5 backup, or something else? In any case, we are hanging out just off HW 101 in Ventura County.

HydroGuy said:
Sorry, but missed your meaning here. Is this standard I-5 backup, or something else? In any case, we are hanging out just off HW 101 in Ventura County.

We're lovin' this post so gotta keep it going. Those driving to LA from the North via I5 need to cross some mountains north of LA and Santa Clarita. The pass is called the Grapevine. Periodically, the Grapevine gets closed due to snow or an accident. This morning, there was a major big rig accident involving hazardous materials that resulted in the closure of I5 near the Grapevine for most of the day. There's no easy bypass, so if one was say driving to DL from say SF, their 6-7 hour trip just turned into 10 hours or longer.

Hope you had a good day in Ventura Co. See ya next week, but sadly not during Monday's EE.

CalGal said:
We're lovin' this post so gotta keep it going. Those driving to LA from the North via I5 need to cross some mountains north of LA and Santa Clarita. The pass is called the Grapevine. Periodically, the Grapevine gets closed due to snow or an accident. This morning, there was a major big rig accident involving hazardous materials that resulted in the closure of I5 near the Grapevine for most of the day. There's no easy bypass, so if one was say driving to DL from say SF, their 6-7 hour trip just turned into 10 hours or longer.

Hope you had a good day in Ventura Co. See ya next week, but sadly not during Monday's EE.
Thanks, I did hear about the I-5 accident later in the day and put two-and-two together to figure out what Cindy was talking about. I hope the northerners make it thru. As you are aware, Ventura County and the 101 Ventura Freeway are all south of the Grapevine, so we will not be affected.

See you around DL next week. Have a safe drive/flight! :wave:

HydroGuy said:
Thanks, I did hear about the I-5 accident later in the day and put two-and-two together to figure out what Cindy was talking about.

DH would be pleased to know that I confuse everyone, not just him. :earboy2:

We leave the Bay Area around lunchtime next Tuesday; keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any big accidents like yesterday! :moped: See you at the BWPPI and DL! :cool1:

I have a 1 Day park hopper. I'm not quite sure what a PH Plus is (sounds more like a WDW thing) can I do EE on Thursday Sept 8th.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on this, I'm a WDW person (and it's 1:49am)

Quaktastic said:
I have a 1 Day park hopper. I'm not quite sure what a PH Plus is (sounds more like a WDW thing) can I do EE on Thursday Sept 8th.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on this, I'm a WDW person (and it's 1:49am)

If you are staying at a Disneyland Reort hotel you can do EE at Disneyland.

Have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter