Early Entry

Mary Jo said:
Here's the published list of attractions that are open: Early Entry Info

Thanks for the info, Mary Jo. That helps with our plans for our EE day. Looks like we're all headed there at the same time, my DD and I will be there Aug 1-6th. I'll be the 40ish mom with the Tigger cap trying to keep up with my hyperactive :bounce: 7 year old!

11 days and counting! :cool1: :cool1:

HydroGuy,

That would be pretty neat if we ran into each other. Now it will be real easy to spot me. I will be the guy asking every family of 6, "Are you HydroGuy?"
:rotfl:

I'll make sure to look for all 4 boys wearing matching shirts. If we don't run into each other, have a great trip!!

-Matthew

Eeyorecln said:
Wow. I dress my 4 boys (6,5,4, and 10 months) in matching outfits too. LOL :rotfl2: . My family has always made fun of me for it but I think it looks nice for pictures and at WDW it was easier to keep track. Just had to reply. Have fun on your trip. :wizard: We won't be there until late August. :cheer2:
Now that they are a bit older it is not so big a deal, but when they were smaller the matching shirts were essential for keeping track of them at places like DL. My DW was surprised last week when the 13 (almost 14) year-old asked if she was going to get them matching shirts for this trip. She figured he would be too "cool" for this anymore, but he wanted them. So we are going to do it once again.

Thanks. Have fun later in August. Hope it will have cooled down a little, but probably it won't. :sunny:

mwehttam said:
HydroGuy,

That would be pretty neat if we ran into each other. Now it will be real easy to spot me. I will be the guy asking every family of 6, "Are you HydroGuy?"
:rotfl:

I'll make sure to look for all 4 boys wearing matching shirts. If we don't run into each other, have a great trip!!

-Matthew
Same to you. Here is what to look for: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

sarasmom97 said:
Thanks for the info, Mary Jo. That helps with our plans for our EE day. Looks like we're all headed there at the same time, my DD and I will be there Aug 1-6th. I'll be the 40ish mom with the Tigger cap trying to keep up with my hyperactive :bounce: 7 year old!

11 days and counting! :cool1: :cool1:
Uhhh, I suppose if one were to look for hyperactive 7 year olds at DL, that would include... :jumping1: ...let me think... :jumping1: ...probably all of them! And that is the way it is supposed to be. Have fun! ;)

Count us in as another family at DL the first week of August. We will be at the parks 8/1-8/3. We are also staying at the BWPPI so maybe we will run into each other. We have 4 kids, too!.

HydroGuy, what is ironic is we will be in Woodland Park for a family reunion before heading out to California.
Laura

lauraljp said:
Count us in as another family at DL the first week of August. We will be at the parks 8/1-8/3. We are also staying at the BWPPI so maybe we will run into each other. We have 4 kids, too!.

HydroGuy, what is ironic is we will be in Woodland Park for a family reunion before heading out to California.
Laura
Well, It's a Small World (pun definitely intended!). And guess where we will be staying at DL? The good old BWPPI. I wonder what other coincidences lurk?

So, when is the reunion and why Woodland Park (aside from it being a beautiful mountain town with great views of impressive Pikes Peak)?

I suppose to keep this on topic, I should ask whether you will be doing EE and on which day.

My cousin lives in Colorado Springs and works for the Army Corp of Engineers. He was able to get the Farish Recreation area for our reunion which I believe is 5-7 miles outside of Woodland Park. We were in Colorado Springs/Denver for vacation three years ago and loved it. We are excited about returning, although the weather is not looking real nice for next week.

As of right now we are planning on doing EE on Monday since we won't be up late the night before. That will be an early morning!

Laura

lauraljp said:
My cousin lives in Colorado Springs and works for the Army Corp of Engineers. He was able to get the Farish Recreation area for our reunion which I believe is 5-7 miles outside of Woodland Park. We were in Colorado Springs/Denver for vacation three years ago and loved it. We are excited about returning, although the weather is not looking real nice for next week.

As of right now we are planning on doing EE on Monday since we won't be up late the night before. That will be an early morning!

Laura
Yeah, Farish is just a few miles away. Never been there, as it is only for folks who have military connections. As far as I know, the weather here over the next several days is supposed to be fine. It has been warmer than normal, but up in the mountains it usually tops out at 80-85 degrees and sometimes 90. Have fun in Colorado and at DL.

We are taking off for California next Wednesday. We do the drive in one day. We have family there to visit before heading to the BWPPI Sunday evening.

Count one more family for the BWPPI and DL the first week of August! We'll be checking in late Tuesday evening, and staying till the following Monday morning. There will be 6 of us total (DH, me, our 2 boys, and my mom and MIL) staying in 2 rooms.

I'll be the mom saying "Mikey, don't run!" or "Timmy, do you have to go to the bathroom?" :)

Wow, it's getting crowded at DLR (and BWPPI) the first week of August!

My plan is to use EE on Monday the 1st because that's what lauraljp told me we are doing!

If you want to pick out our family this is what we'll look like...

Me :earsboy: lauraljp :earsgirl: DS14 :rolleyes2 3other kids :jumping1:

Oh no, It looks like we picked a busy week to go with so many knowledgeable people. I was hoping we would be the only ones there for EE on Aug 1st :rotfl2: With all the information I have read on here, I truly can not wait. We, DD, DW, DS, DD, will be arriving on Sunday the 31st with our first day in the parks on the 1st. Since HydroGuys kids will be dressed the same, We will make sure to look out for you. See everyone next week.

I haven't posted much since joining, but I couldn't resist chiming in here. We'll be at DL the 1st week of August, too!! (squeal!!!) We'll arrive 2:00ish on Mon., leave off our stuff at PP, and head for the parks. I don't really feel like "one of the gang" (it's awesome to hear you guys talking like old friends), but I have to say a huge THANK YOU for everything I've learned to help me with planning my trip. Even though a travel agent handled everything our 1st time 2 years ago, I'm pretty sure everything will go much more smoothly this time, thanks in great part to this board and all of you wonderful, knowledgeable people!

I'll be there with DD (9), DS (16), and DH, but I've planned things so that hubby and son go their way, and daughter and I go ours, so with the exception of eating together (Blue Bayou at 11:30 on Tues!) sometimes, my family of 4 will look more like two families of two! My daughter and I will have our fresh new pin lanyards on, hoping to figure out this trading deal and actually make a few (trades) before our 4 days are up!

I, too, am sooo excited! And for another (almost) coincidence, one of MY many pre-Paradise Pier reservations was for the BWPPI! Along with the CC, Hojo's, & the Desert Inn & Suites (yes, it's been a frantic and confusing saga!)

Thanks again, everybody! :love2:

TeamTnC said:
Oh no, It looks like we picked a busy week to go with so many knowledgeable people. I was hoping we would be the only ones there for EE on Aug 1st :rotfl2: With all the information I have read on here, I truly can not wait. We, DD, DW, DS, DD, will be arriving on Sunday the 31st with our first day in the parks on the 1st. Since HydroGuys kids will be dressed the same, We will make sure to look out for you. See everyone next week.
Guess we should start a new thread for folks doing EE on Aug 1. :p

So, let me ask for some opinions about Aug 1 EE. We had been planning to use EE to do the popular FantasyLand rides. I was hoping to do the following, and in this order:

1. Peter Pan
2. Dumbo
3. Alice in Wonderland
4. Matterhon
5. Mad Tea PArty

and, if there is still time,

6. Buzz Lightyear

BUT, now I hear that DL is including Space Mtn as part of EE. So I am torn whether to do Space Mtn first. I am concerned that we will eat up valuable EE time on a ride for which we can get a FastPass and come back later in the morning to a short line. What do all of you think? I am leaning towards sticking with the original plan and hoping everyone else rushes over to Space Mtn and clears out FantasyLand.

HydroGuy said:
BUT, now I hear that DL is including Space Mtn as part of EE. So I am torn whether to do Space Mtn first. I am concerned that we will eat up valuable EE time on a ride for which we can get a FastPass and come back later in the morning to a short line. What do all of you think? I am leaning towards sticking with the original plan and hoping everyone else rushes over to Space Mtn and clears out FantasyLand.

If SM is part of EE, then I think what we'll do is I'll have the kids, DH and my mom & MIL go straight to the Dumbo and Peter Pan rides, while I go to SM and get FPs; that way, the kids can ride the non-FP rides first, and we can be assured of SM later. What do you think? :chat:

My DW and I were planning on going straight to SM since we both love the one in WDW and from what everyone is saying this one is better. After we get off, we might grab a FP for it for latter then get on Buzz. After that, make a b-line to Fantasyland to hit those rides.

-Matthew

CindyH said:
If SM is part of EE, then I think what we'll do is I'll have the kids, DH and my mom & MIL go straight to the Dumbo and Peter Pan rides, while I go to SM and get FPs; that way, the kids can ride the non-FP rides first, and we can be assured of SM later. What do you think? :chat:
Something makes me think they will not give out FastPasses during EE. I'll bet the FP line will not open until 8AM. So I do not think this strategy will work. :sad2:

Something makes me think they will not give out FastPasses during EE. I'll bet the FP line will not open until 8AM. So I do not think this strategy will work. :sad2:

Way to go HydroGuy, you just ruined everyone's EE ;)

If that is the case then we will definately be heading over there first. Just 7 more days...that's 168 hours...that's how many minutes? Is it odvious I need a vacation? :rolleyes1

-Matthew

mwehttam said:
Way to go HydroGuy, you just ruined everyone's EE ;)

If that is the case then we will definately be heading over there first. Just 7 more days...that's 168 hours...that's how many minutes? Is it odvious I need a vacation? :rolleyes1

-Matthew
Hey, I might be wrong! But I don't think so.

Alluding to my earlier e-mail, I think it may be best to do FantasyLand during EE and then grab a Space Mtn FP at 8AM. Unless someone has a better idea.

I can't even guess what the best strategy would be. Knowing me and the way I was when I went to MK at WDW for the first time (at 28 mind you), I will be the one strolling up Main Street looking at everything in awe and by the time I get to the Hub, EE will be over :rotfl:

Anyone out there do EE in the last week or so? Can you chim in and tell us the scoop?

-Matthew

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter