Early Check in at Disney?

Some people think it lessens their chance at getting an upgrade, not true.

Some people feel the experience is less magical by doing online check in, not true. I've always gotten the same awesome disney customer service whether we've done online check in or not. The CMs are just as chatty and helpful at the online check in desk as the normal check in desk.

Some people think they can't ask to change their room assignment if they don't like their current assignment. Again not true.

Right now there is no real advantage to doing online check in or checking in normally. We like to do it because all of the planning has been done by the time we do online check in and it gives me something to do for our trip. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes me feel like we're one step closer. :banana:

There will be one advantage to online check in once they roll out FastPass+. Once that happens you will be able to make your FP+ reservations at 60 days out but only AFTER you have done online check in.

Lol, thanks! I know what you mean about feeling one step closer! We'll be there on my birthday (33) and our youngest DD's (5) birthday in August. The wait is almost unbearable!!! My baby is going to be eating dinner in the castle as she turns five,,,,time is ticking just as slowly as while we were anxiously awaiting her birth!!! But hey, now I have at least one more thing to make a decision about....to do online check in,,or not :)

That's a unique perspective. I was thinking it seemed silly not to take advantage of it, since it's available, but I love your reasoning. We do travel with our kids quite a bit, and you're right, they do like to meet the check-in person in the lobby. We're flying in early, renting a car, and staying for 9 days, so we don't want to rush at all, and it seems we do all get very wrapped up in a "faster/better" mentality. Thanks for the outlook :)

:)

We do not see the need.

All of our requests are made at time of reservation.

At this point, it is an unnecessary, extra step.

It adds to the magic, IMHO, to speak directly with a pleasant CM at the front desk.

We've never had an unpleasant experience at check in so why change it now? ;)

You still speak with a CM when you do online check in

As for the OP. We usually get to our resort between 10am and noon. Our room has always been ready when we checked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!