Early Character Breakfasts on DDP?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
For those of you who do early morning character breakfasts and have the regular DDP, what do you eat for lunch and dinner?

We did Tusker House, Akershus, and Hollywood and Vine and all three of those are a buffet breakfast. It's a huge amount of food. You could easily skip lunch, and use a snack credit to hold you over until dinner. Some of the quick service restaurants give huge portions. Flametree and Yak and Yeti have great quick service meals.

We did Tusker House, then a late lunch (1:45 or 2) at Yak and Yeti. We went to DTD that evening and ate (OOP, I think) at Earl of Sandwich, where the kids shared an adult meal and DH and I shared an adult meal.

We have also done Cape May for breakfast, but that was a water park day, and we are never very hungry while at the water parks! That evening we had fish and chips (Yorkshire) at Epcot and watched IllumiNations.

Usually we are full enough that a snack is fine for lunch, then use the CS for dinner

You could also schedule a couple of TS where sharing is allowed.

So the schedule could look like:
DHS- Hollywood & Vine breakfast, Sci Fi lunch (everyone share, pay OOP to supplement or for a kids meal/drink), CS dinner
Epcot-snack for breakfast, CS lunch, Chefs de France dinner (everyone share and possible pay OOP to supplement or for a kids meal/drink)

OR you could make the meals more at brunch times...we did this with Tusker House and 1900 PF and just had a granola bar or something for "breakfast", hit the park at rope drop (or AM EMH), had brunch and then later a snack, then a CS dinner

If we do an early morning character breakfast, we're usually set for awhile and don't require a large lunch. So sometimes I'll let my kids get 'ice cream for lunch' - they love it because it's 'cheating' (since mom would never allow it at home) and we use up snack credits. Then we'll do an early CS meal at 4 or 5.

OR we might share 3 CS meals between the 4 of us at lunchtime if everyone's really hungry for it - then get the food court pizza deal for 2 CS at the pool later for a later dinner...Feeds all 4 of us with 2 CS. So that's only 5 CS used for that day...And we'll share again another day to make up for it.

But what we really prefer is doing a later character breakfast at 10:30 or 11:00am...Oftentimes you can get stuff from the buffet that is breakfast and then get a plate full of lunch stuff afterward. Plus you're full for the whole day...And just can have some CS later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter