DVC Tour: Questions to ask

Ask if you were to purchase 107 points to stay in a CC studio for a week every Adventure season is that 107 points guaranteed to never increase?
That's a good question. It would be very interesting to see if he'll tell you they can reallocate points from a larger unit and increase the point of studios or if he'll tell you that only the seasons can can be reallocated.

That's a good question. It would be very interesting to see if he'll tell you they can reallocate points from a larger unit and increase the point of studios or if he'll tell you that only the seasons can can be reallocated.
Or maybe they will say neither of those will happen.....

Ask, "what's this stuff"?
If the guide doesn't immediately answer, "some cereal, it's supposed to be good for you", grab your things and leave.

Interesting, maybe, but the only thing that matters is what the POS (Position Offering Statement) & MSPOS (Multi-Site POS) say (or a court of law says those legal documents say if there is a dispute).

Your FP+ from the DVC tour were unrestricted? Typically they exclude Pandora, TSL, FEA, 7DMT, PP, etc
Just pandora, frozen, 7 Dwarf, tower. Everything else was fair game. That was Oct. of 18 so toy story was new so all my kids wanted was slinky dog

I would ask “Why should I should I buy Direct or at Riviera if Disney is interested in enacting restrictions that will directly decrease the value of my investment?”

Well, figured I'd post a follow-up. Our guide was very nice and accommodating as we were up front with the fact this trip was our first in a while but also a test run to find out if evening coming on a regular basis would be something in our future. I decided to go into it not to press anything and to see if her comments squared with what I knew from my research here. It was also clear to her from my responses that I had done my research.

Overall she said nothing surprising and did a good job of making my skeptical wife lean forward a bit. She did not mention anything about Riviera restrictions and I didn't press. One thing that did surprise me was they are offering 2019 points if you buy a December use year and you would only have to pay 2 weeks worth of fees.

When I follow up with her over email I'll bring up the restrictions and see where that goes. The annoying thing is I really think Riviera would be a perfect resort for our family, but I am nervous about how the restrictions will effect everything.

...(snip).......One thing that did surprise me was they are offering 2019 points if you buy a December use year and you would only have to pay 2 weeks worth of fees...........

December use years can be a bit tricky to understand for those new to DVC. If you thought about it, it really wouldn't have surprised you to find out you would get 2019 points with a December use year.

2019 December points are good for stays between 12/16/2019 (resort opening date) and 11/30/2020. If you want to use any of the 2020 points, you'd have to borrow them into your 2019 use year unless your stay would begin on or after 12/1/2020.

And the dues aren't anything special either. They can't charge maintenance fees before the resort opens.

Thanks for the update on your sales appointment.

Well, figured I'd post a follow-up. Our guide was very nice and accommodating as we were up front with the fact this trip was our first in a while but also a test run to find out if evening coming on a regular basis would be something in our future. I decided to go into it not to press anything and to see if her comments squared with what I knew from my research here. It was also clear to her from my responses that I had done my research.

Overall she said nothing surprising and did a good job of making my skeptical wife lean forward a bit. She did not mention anything about Riviera restrictions and I didn't press. One thing that did surprise me was they are offering 2019 points if you buy a December use year and you would only have to pay 2 weeks worth of fees.

When I follow up with her over email I'll bring up the restrictions and see where that goes. The annoying thing is I really think Riviera would be a perfect resort for our family, but I am nervous about how the restrictions will effect everything.

A December UY will be in it's 2019 UY when Riviera opens. It runs from 12/1/19 -11/30-20. Nothing unusual about it actually as it would be difficult for Disney to sell a product if they didn't give you current points. If they didn't give the current points then a Dec UY wouldn't receive any until almost 1 year after the resort opened. Feb is falling into the new resort abyss though and won't receive 2019 points. It has happened periodically with new resorts. But it's only 1.5 months from opening to the start of the 2020 Feb UY.

That makes sense. Thanks. I wouldn't want that use year anyway as we usually travel in August

Don't make a decision while you're there, come back home and talk to a financial person to see if it makes sense for you before signing anything.

I’m wondering if I was misinformed and if so it will have a big impact on my decision to buy direct. We were told we would get 2019 points with an April UY. I specifically asked about Riviera.

I’m wondering if I was misinformed and if so it will have a big impact on my decision to buy direct. We were told we would get 2019 points with an April UY. I specifically asked about Riviera.
You were not lied to, that is accurate information. All Riviera UYs except February get 2019 points. February only gets 2020 points.

You were not lied to, that is accurate information. All Riviera UYs except February get 2019 points. February only gets 2020 points.

I wouldn’t have assumed I was lied to purposely for I’ve asked a million questions so perhaps confusion or misinformation. I’m glad it was not though. Phew! Thank you for clarifying!

One thing that did surprise me was they are offering 2019 points if you buy a December use year and you would only have to pay 2 weeks worth of fees.

As @PolyRob has said, all RIV UYs except February get 2019 points, regardless of when you purchase(d). We have an August UY and have 2019 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!