DVC studios - fewer amenities

<<Actually, they have made DDE available to everyone recently. There is a slightly higher charge for non-AP holders and non-Florida residents though. It would be a likely spot for a new "perk" that probably wouldn't cost them much to provide.>>>

really?? That's great! Where can I find out mre info on this?
Thanks

<<Actually, they have made DDE available to everyone recently. There is a slightly higher charge for non-AP holders and non-Florida residents though. It would be a likely spot for a new "perk" that probably wouldn't cost them much to provide.>>>

really?? That's great! Where can I find out mre info on this?
Thanks

I have not seen any announcement on this type of change to the DDE. Here is the Link to the DDE information here on the DIS.

Actually, they have made DDE available to everyone recently. There is a slightly higher charge for non-AP holders and non-Florida residents though. It would be a likely spot for a new "perk" that probably wouldn't cost them much to provide.

When did this change? It's always only been available to FL res. and AP holders. You would think something like this would have been in one of the newsletters like DIS or allearsnet.

Actually, they have made DDE available to everyone recently. There is a slightly higher charge for non-AP holders and non-Florida residents though.

As far as I know the only change to DDE lately has been to include the tip in the total of the bill. Prior to this change they added the ability to buy your DDE card on-site instead of ordering online and picking up at Guest Services.

To the best of my knowledge, and a google search, this program is still only offered to AP holders and Florida residents.

Where did you hear it has changed, hematite153?

I also believe that the DDE is only available to AP holders and Florida residents.

I wonder if hematite153 means the DDP. I have heard that you can now get it with an AP in other WDW resorts, not just DVC as it was in the past.

I just received a phone call follow-up to my second letter to member satisfaction. She said that sponges and dish soap should be in every room, and if they aren't to please call housekeeping as it's an oversight on their part. She also said if we don't have glasses/mugs and want them, to request them at check-in, and if we don't get them in a timely matter, to call for them until we receive them.

She also said they are not done working on the situation, and they appreciate the emails everyone is sending because it makes it much easier to know what we want and figure out how to fix it to our satisfaction :thumbsup2

It would've bumped when I posted to it, anyway, so I don't much see the point of that post....

I actually was going to ask the same question earlier, before you post, but I didn't want to encourage this any longer....over 1200 posts and 85 pages, I think it has all be covered, re-covered and re-capped at least once.....

:rotfl2:

Why the bump??!! It was nice to see this insane discusison go away for a couple of days.... :sad2:

I am confused why you would take the time to open and respond to a thread you find 'insane.' I am sure that you realize that your negative response simply bumped the thread up again. :thumbsup2

I just received a phone call follow-up to my second letter to member satisfaction. She said that sponges and dish soap should be in every room, and if they aren't to please call housekeeping as it's an oversight on their part. She also said if we don't have glasses/mugs and want them, to request them at check-in, and if we don't get them in a timely matter, to call for them until we receive them.

She also said they are not done working on the situation, and they appreciate the emails everyone is sending because it makes it much easier to know what we want and figure out how to fix it to our satisfaction :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update! It's nice to know they are still reaching out to us.

I actually was going to ask the same question earlier, before you post, but I didn't want to encourage this any longer....over 1200 posts and 85 pages, I think it has all be covered, re-covered and re-capped at least once.....

:rotfl2:

and yet you're here reading and posting on this thread despite feeling that way?:confused:

I believe the "bump" was on the DDP/DDE discussions? which maybe should be in another thread at this point?

personally, I would like to get more posts on the "fewer amenities" thread as to first-hand accounts of people who have experienced studio stays now that the mugs and glasses are being made available . . . .

personally, I would like to get more posts on the "fewer amenities" thread as to first-hand accounts of people who have experienced studio stays now that the mugs and glasses are being made available . . . .

I agree completely. Let's hear some first hand reports about the situation.

For those who don't want to read about this issue and/or just absolutely adore styrofoam cups, :lovestruc you can feel free to just skip over this little topic. Not every post is entertaining to everyone, that is for sure. :cloud9:

We just returned from AKV Studio #5520
When we checked in Wed March 19th. There they were CUPS AND GLASSES:woohoo:
4 of each, 1 sponge ,1 liquid dish soap and 1 kitchen towel. I was so excited I started screaming "CUPS and GLASSES" my DH thought I was nuts.:dance3:

I also saw them on the housekeeping carts each day.Although we washed them during our stay, I left all that we had used in the sink when we left, so housekeeping would know they had to be replaced.:angel:

Mary Ellen

We just returned from AKV Studio #5520
When we checked in Wed March 19th. There they were CUPS AND GLASSES:woohoo:
4 of each, 1 sponge ,1 liquid dish soap and 1 kitchen towel. I was so excited I started screaming "CUPS and GLASSES" my DH thought I was nuts.:dance3:

I also saw them on the housekeeping carts each day.Although we washed them during our stay, I left all that we had used in the sink when we left, so housekeeping would know they had to be replaced.:angel:

Mary Ellen

Thanks for the update!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

got home tonight and had a "canned" voicemail from someone named "Joy" at Disney Vacation Club indicating that she was responding to my email and leaving a number for her to call her back to discuss my issue. she also said she was sorry they hadn't responded earlier. it was definitely pre-recorded--not a live human leaving a message

did anyone else get this?

I have to go back and look at my sent items... I know I sent a follow-up email to memberservices when they sent the original email . . . . wonder which one "she" is responding to . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter