DVC studios - fewer amenities

So how long do we give DVC to come up with a permanent solution for the stand alone resorts to clean glassware before we send more emails??

Actually, as long as the glassware is available upon request, I don't see an urgent need. To purchase and install glassware washers may take some time, (corporate America moves slowly) especially if they need to build a small structure or add plumbing. It really isn't a priority, since they feel they have addressed the "health concerns" by supplying disposables. I would give them time to get the work done.

So how long do we give DVC to come up with a permanent solution for the stand alone resorts to clean glassware before we send more emails??

No reason to wait...if your position is that you want them to do away with the disposables and install glasswashers at the standalone resorts, let DVC know now.

The statement on the member site about the glassware 'adjustment' for the studios indicates they are considering different alternatives in addition to installing glassware cleaning equipment at the standalone resorts. They specifically mentioned one of the alternatives they are considering is more environmentally friendly disposables...whatever that means.
My way of thinking is that it is most effective for members to let DVC know what their preference is and encourage them to do away with the disposables while they are in this investigation/decision-making process, rather than wait and find out they think it is just fine to continue to use some kind of disposables.

This thread is starting to worry me.

We know that DVC monitors the DISboards, and I'm guessing this thread has caught their attention.

But at almost 1500 posts now, I'm afraid it may require DVC to hire extra personnel just to keep up with our postings.

Yikes! Here comes another dues increase.......:rotfl2:

Actually, as long as the glassware is available upon request, I don't see an urgent need. To purchase and install glassware washers may take some time, (corporate America moves slowly) especially if they need to build a small structure or add plumbing. It really isn't a priority, since they feel they have addressed the "health concerns" by supplying disposables. I would give them time to get the work done.

I don't think it is a given that Disney plans on purchasing and installing glass washers at the stand alones, though that would be great. The email and the website both simply say they are investigating alternatives, including the washers.

From dvcmember.com
Disney Vacation Club leaders are investigating more environmentally friendly disposable products, as well as the possibility of installing glass washers at specified locations within the stand-alone properties.

Keep those cards and letters coming in, boys and girls.

ETA: Did you ever notice that in your villa that you put your recycles in a plastic bag.... a non-recyclable plastic bag. Ironic isn't it?

Just an update:
A few days ago I sent a reply to 'Magdalene' at DVC Member Satisfaction to state my preference for DVC to install glassware washers and request that they do away with the disposables at the standalone resorts as soon as possible. This morning I received a call from a very friendly CM in DVC Member Satisfaction in response.
She actually agreed with me that drinking from disposable cups makes the drink taste different. :)
Regarding my concerns about the disposables (and the lack of wrapping) she assured me that I could call housekeeping and have them provide a 'fresh' supply of disposables if I had concerns about the ones sitting in my villa when I arrive. While we were on the topic of making requests, I mentioned that the statement about members being able to request glassware during their stay was missing from the member website (in the announcement about the glassware adjustment in the studios).
I also told her that I have concerns about requesting glassware and mugs from housekeeping next time I stay in a studio because I have read several reports here and elsewhere that in some cases, Housekeeping had no clue they are suppose to provide it, or was very slow in fulfilling the request...My concern is that making these requests could end up taking a significant amount of time. I suggested that the information regarding the ability of guests in studios to request glassware is not as widely known at the standalone resorts as it should be.
She assured me that she would pass this information regarding requesting the glassware (including the missing bit on the website) along - she was not aware that it was missing from the website.

I spent one night at OKW in a studio on 3/27 in the Turtle Pond area. There were no ceramic mugs or glasses, only all styrofoam.

I spent two nights at BWV, standard view on 4/1 and 4/2, room 4079. This room had glasses, ceramic mugs, and styrofoam plates and bowls.

Just got back from a last minute overnight at SSR. WE DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE STYROFOAM IN OUR ROOM! We had about 6 of the same cups that are used when you buy a "small" soda at a CS, basically the same type that are a "medium" at a fast food restaurant No styrofoam for coffee, etc, just those cups. Granted I have not kept up with this thread to know if this was the norm, but it wasnt until I saw it for myself that I truely realized how hokey and cheesy this is. We were only staying one night so I did not bother to call for glasses.....:confused3

I spent one night at OKW in a studio on 3/27 in the Turtle Pond area. There were no ceramic mugs or glasses, only all styrofoam.

I spent two nights at BWV, standard view on 4/1 and 4/2, room 4079. This room had glasses, ceramic mugs, and styrofoam plates and bowls.

Styrofoam plates and bowls? Not the paper ones they used to have? I don't want styrofoam at all!
Bobbi

This thread is starting to worry me.

We know that DVC monitors the DISboards, and I'm guessing this thread has caught their attention.

But at almost 1500 posts now, I'm afraid it may require DVC to hire extra personnel just to keep up with our postings.

Yikes! Here comes another dues increase.......:rotfl2:
:lmao:
Styrofoam plates and bowls? Not the paper ones they used to have? I don't want styrofoam at all!
Bobbi

Can you even put styrofoam in the microwave:confused3
Kerri

Can you even put styrofoam in the microwave:confused3
Kerri
You can put anything that will fit into a microwave. At least once.

I've seen styrofoam melt from the inside though in a microwave. And I have a feeling those chemicals are getting into whatever is in the container when the food is cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter