Votes: 29 11.7%
  • BCV

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • BWV

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • OKW

Votes: 114 46.0%

• Total voters
For me, chillest means which one I'm most content having nothing planned for the day other than taking it easy and recharging/relaxing, with no intention of leaving the premises. For this definition there needs to be a relaxing environment (an ocean or some sort of body of water would be great), good/great quick service or mobile order table service (or readily available table service), and maybe a spa with decent same-day availability.

Aulani gets my vote as it checks most of these boxes, sometimes emphatically (just not sure about same-day availability of spa as we've always scheduled in advance). But it's not an option in the poll.

Next would be CCV, but specifically the Cabins. Roaring Fork and MO/walk-up Geyser Point are decent/great options. But the Cabins aren't a resort themselves, are points-expensive, and the non-Cabin rooms don't check enough boxes, so this still doesn't get my vote.

Next up, VGF and SSR, which have on-premises spas.

VGF is more bustling overall and the non-reservation food options are limited to Gasparilla Island Grill. But maybe you get lucky with walk-up at Narcoossee's or Citrico's or GF Cafe, which range from good to excellent. There's also Enchanted Rose if a lounge is what the day needs. Again, not sure of same-day availability for spa treatments but there is a spa. Some decent views of Seven Seas Lagoon.

SSR is less bustling than VGF, but you might be bussing to food and the spa. I'd put Artist Palette below Gasparilla. Best food is Turf Club, which is 'just' good. I think VGF wins the VGF/SSR comparison despite being more bustling, but there's a lot of variance based on walk-up availability of restaurants/spa.

Poly is an interesting one as there are good lagoon views from the Bungalows and Lake View category, and it has small a beach. Other than Aulani, unplanned food is probably the best with Capt Cooks, Kona Mobile Order, Kona Island, Tambu Lounge, Pineapple Lanai, and Trader Sams. There's no spa and it can be bustling, especially the main pool, but it's also kind of a sleeper choice between the beach, good room views, and the unplanned food options. I think this gets my vote?

As for OKW getting a huge share of the votes, I agree it's relaxed. But when I tried to think of why, I realized it's because it has to be? The food options are limited and 'just' good. They're also far away, sometimes a bus ride away, from most rooms. The main pool is subpar. A decent portion of rooms have some sort of body of water view, or golf course, but a lot don't. There's very little to do at OKW other than relax at your room, which I think enforces the relaxing sentiment. But you can relax in your room mostly anywhere. This is probably a lightning rod comment, but it's probably a good thing OKW has a relaxing reputation, because it probably couldn't live up to any other reputation.

You never walked in Contemporary before? Plenty and a half amount of foot traffic. Plenty of people get breakfast or lunch there to park and go to MK even.
Yes, Contemporary has a lot of foot traffic. It is not BLT.
BLT is a tower. Villas only. No restaurants or shops.
Have you not been in BLT? Have you not stayed there?

Aulani is what I consider to be my chillest (relaxing at the resort and being perfectly content) Disney resort. Next up would be Animal Kingdom (sitting on my balcony watching the animals) and Wilderness Lodge (relaxing at Geyser Point looking at the water). I personally have never been to OKW, but I see that it gets a lot of love on here.

Yes, Contemporary has a lot of foot traffic. It is not BLT.
BLT is a tower. Villas only. No restaurants or shops.
Have you not been in BLT? Have you not stayed there?

BLT and Contemporary are one resort combined.

Just like BWV and BW or BCV and BC/YC or CCV and BRV and WL....

So they are very much combined and you have to deal with the crowds when you go to transportation, food, and even the DVC lounge on the rooftop of BLT itself.

Oh and if your argument is the pool well I can't say I ever have been to a Super busy pool at any resort since covid since they eliminated hopping. Will be at Stormalong this summer though and expect that to be busy but also really nice.

For me, chillest means which one I'm most content having nothing planned for the day other than taking it easy and recharging/relaxing, with no intention of leaving the premises. For this definition there needs to be a relaxing environment (an ocean or some sort of body of water would be great), good/great quick service or mobile order table service (or readily available table service), and maybe a spa with decent same-day availability.

As for OKW getting a huge share of the votes, I agree it's relaxed. But when I tried to think of why, I realized it's because it has to be? The food options are limited and 'just' good. They're also far away, sometimes a bus ride away, from most rooms. The main pool is subpar. A decent portion of rooms have some sort of body of water view, or golf course, but a lot don't. There's very little to do at OKW other than relax at your room, which I think enforces the relaxing sentiment. But you can relax in your room mostly anywhere. This is probably a lightning rod comment, but it's probably a good thing OKW has a relaxing reputation, because it probably couldn't live up to any other reputation.
I agree with all of this, 100%. Since Aulani wasn't a poll option, I chose BRV as it's off the Monorail Loop and avoids all the lobby traffic of those resorts and really feels like you're sitting by a quiet lake in the PNW. OKW reminds me of a dozen condo communities here in the "other" Orange County, particularly Dana Point and San Juan Capistrano. Except, those have plenty of golf courses and an actual beach and ocean nearby that you can swim in. I totally get resort stays, but if you're going to do nothing but stay at the resort, then OKW just doesn't check many boxes, and it was our introduction to DVC and I own there (SAP only).

First that popped into my mind - OKW

That resort was made to chill

Close runner up is AKL. But unlike OKW where every room is equally chillable, the savannah view at AKL is best.

Port Orleans is pretty chill too.

First that popped into my mind - OKW

That resort was made to chill

Close runner up is AKL. But unlike OKW where every room is equally chillable, the savannah view at AKL is best.

Port Orleans is pretty chill too.
I was thinking about AKL as well until I remembered how chaotic the lobby can be at times. That swayed my vote to OKW as well.

You should definitely go sometime. You don't have to stay there its just fun seeing the resorts.
Just be aware that sometimes resorts "present themselves" differently from when you stay there. Our first introduction to OKW was when we were offered a special rate to stay there instead of POFQ, which we'd reserved. We chose to stay with POFQ because we weren't familiar with OKW, then we drove through OKW during our trip and agreed that we were happy we hadn't stayed there-didn't like it! A few years later, on a trip, a last minute change meant that all we could get the last night was OKW, which we "had" to take. Soon after that trip, OKW became DH's favorite resort and we've loved every stay there since. We often laugh at our first impression.

Just be aware that sometimes resorts "present themselves" differently from when you stay there.

No doubt but its still fun seeing the different resorts, the themes, even the gift shops are slightly different.

That being said with OKW I couldn't do it simply because its not next to any park. We had a room book there back in 2019 but Dorian coming in meant we shifted our plans to only stay at AKV the whole stay as we were supposed to switch the resorts the day Dorian was scheduled to hit WDW (obviously didnt want to be running around in that haha).

Love OKW but really I vote Aulani!
Being on the East Coast, Aukani is just too far and takes too much time travel during vacation since my nurse wife rarely is allowed to take off more than a week at a time at her hospital. I still don't know what decade "Chill" come out of or means either. Sorry.

While I like and own at OKW, I think it is BRV that is the most laid back and least like you are at WDW. It really feels like you are in a NPS hotel somewhere in the North West.

I voted OKW. On one of my recent trips I walked well past the pool area and found the hammocks tucked back in the trees. Picked one and spent the next hour or two in almost complete silence and solitude staring up at the blue sky and clouds. So incredibly relaxing!

I’m staying at OKW for the first time and can’t wait to experience the chill vibe ya’ll have described. We have a two bedroom, which in my understanding is huge.

I’m staying at OKW for the first time and can’t wait to experience the chill vibe ya’ll have described. We have a two bedroom, which in my understanding is huge.
It is huge, especially the porch. I hope you love it. To me, one of the best things about OKW is that 4 people can sit around the table on the porch outside and chat, drink coffee, eat a meal or snack, etc. I've got such wonderful memories of sitting out on the porch with my DGDs watching the wildlife.

HHI.

Onsite, I'll join the OKW crowd, although I've never stayed there, I have visited, and its..... outside the Disney norm. VAKL of the resorts I've stayed at. BWV, which is home, is not chill. I love it, but you don't stay at BWV for the chill.

It is huge, especially the porch. I hope you love it. To me, one of the best things about OKW is that 4 people can sit around the table on the porch outside and chat, drink coffee, eat a meal or snack, etc. I've got such wonderful memories of sitting out on the porch with my DGDs watching the wildlife.
This is great to hear! Can't wait to chill and drink coffee on the porch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter