Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Comparing BWV and BCV

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/CompBWVtoBCV.png

Boardwalk Villas (BWV) and Beach Club Villas (BCV) are two resorts that are often compared. This is most likely due to the fact that these are the only two resorts where you can walk to both Epcot and DHS, and they both share a similar-looking theme and decor.

Each has fans who love the resort, as demonstrated by the "Owners & Lovers" threads here in the DVC Resorts forum for both.

From what I can tell, BWV fans love the boardwalk view rooms, the point-saving value rooms, and the boardwalk. BCV fans love Stormalong Bay and that they are a bit closer to Epcot.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/BWVVsBCV_1.png​

Some people would say choosing one resort over the other would be a toss-up due to the many similarities. However, there are still some significant differences between these two DVC resorts, so I’ve added a poll to find out which one people prefer.

Below is a chart comparing the two resorts.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/BWVBCVCompare_1.png
My opinionated comparison​

Below are links to each resort's post on the DVC Resort Information thread, which contains more detailed information on each resort:

BWV Resort Information

BCV Resort Information

Which resort do you love the most?

http://i235.*************************************Misc/RelatedThreads.png

http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

I voted for BWV since my favorite view in all of Disney is sitting on our balcony looking out over the boardwalk, but when we need to save points the standard views are great point savers

Early results show BWV off to a great start.

I think this poll will be very skewed just because there are twice as many BWV owners as BCV, aren't there? And we know how DVC owners love to vote for and defend their home resorts!

To me, it comes down to how important SAB is to someone. If it is critical, then you can't beat BCV. Aside from that, it is hard to beat the Standard View villas or Boardwalk View Villas options at BWV. YMMV. :)

I think this poll will be very skewed just because there are twice as many BWV owners as BCV, aren't there? And we know how DVC owners love to vote for and defend their home resorts!

:)

Close to a 3 to 1 advantage for BWV over BCV :yay:

While we have enjoyed our stays at BCV, our home resort, BWV is our favorite and not just because it's our home resort. Some of my points echo the OPs.
1. BWV has better views.
2. Because BWV has no character meals, the lobby and public areas are not as loud as BCV.
3. We actually like the the Luna pool better than SAB. It isn't as crowded and it is much easier to keep an eye on the kids.
4. Our daughter likes the shorter walk to DHS from BWV.
5. We like the shorter walk from BCV to Epcot.
6. I do like to read at the "beach" at BCV. It's relaxing.
7. BWV defintely has a better variety of restaurants.
8. BCV is our 2nd favorite DVC accommodation.
9. I do wish BWV had an indoor food court although we are addicted to the pizza at the walk-up.

I love them both. In Summer or warm weather, it is BCV for SAB, for our NYE and park intensive visits BWV for the standard point costs. BCV wins some loyalty because I can get the 2 Queen 2 bedroom, and as we age my friends do like the extra real bed!

I am glad we own at both!

We own at BWV and it is really a super value with those standard points!! It doesn't bother us that the counter service is not inside because the Boardwalk Bakery is that good. Our only complaint is that the pool area could be nicer.

I love them both, the one thing I don't enjoy about BCV is having to walk through the lobby, from the villas, to get to the pool. You really can't go wrong with either.

I love the BWV std room point saver option. I just can't justify paying $20-30 more per point for SAB. BWV is selling for $75-85 now? And BCV is $95-110 now?

I'm happy with the area. I'm happy with the point saving std rooms. And I'm happy about the shorter walk to Hollywood.

An outdoor good court doesn't bother me at all. And we are huge pool people, so SAB isn't a must have.

I voted BWV purely for the Boardwalk View rooms. I love sitting out on the balcony early in the morning or at night!

own at BWV - but love BCV more. Kept BWV because of the standard points. Now really, really love BLT.
at my age taking the short cut to Epcot is great!!!

I voted for BCV. I don't swim, so Stormalong bay wasn't a big appeal. You can get to B&C when it's raining without getting wet (done it!) though, so that should be reason enough to like it. I love the background music, the laid back vibe, the sandy beach in front, the character meal right there, just love it.

One important item from your comparison is what makes us choose BWV.

That item?

GRAND VILLAS!

We bought at Beach because my husband and his family love the Yacht Club and had been staying there on family trips for years. That said, we would have been happy at either BCV or BWV because of the Epcot proximity. I must admit that BCV's "back sidewalk" is an awesome short cut during F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter