DVC Questions

jtw999

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask, but I'm trying to figure out the benefits of DVC for our family. We live in Western Canada. We have been to Florida once, but doubt we'll go again due to the high flight costs.
We have booked a 10 night Med cruise for the summer of 2011. We are hoping to combine it with a few day at Disneyland Paris. We are also interested in booking another cruise and possibly visiting Disneyland again.

Is DVC only worth it to those who visit the parks frequently? Or would we find benefit for the occasional trip such as we have planned.

Also, what is the cost to join?

Thanks and I apologize if my questions are easily answered elsewhere.

DVC works well for those that are going to visit every year or every other year. Some buy a small contract to go every 3rd year as you can use banking and borrowing (ie: buy 50 points, and get 150 to use every 3rd year).

If your visits to Disney are going to be less than this, then I don't think that DVC is right for you.

The basic function of DVC is to pre-pay for deluxe accomodations for the duration of the contract. It's a point based system. And, the points can be used on other Disney options, however, the most efficient use is on DVC properties.

Between banking and borrowing, members can use up to a total of 3 years of points in a single year. If the plan is to visit any of the DVC properties every three years, then DVC might be an option.

The initial cost per point ranges from about $60 per point resale to about the high end of $120 per point. There is also annual maintenance fee, per point, that ranges from $3.78 to $6.61, depending upon the resort.

There is a DVC resort at Disneyland and there is one current being built in Hawaii.

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask, but I'm trying to figure out the benefits of DVC for our family. We live in Western Canada. We have been to Florida once, but doubt we'll go again due to the high flight costs.
We have booked a 10 night Med cruise for the summer of 2011. We are hoping to combine it with a few day at Disneyland Paris. We are also interested in booking another cruise and possibly visiting Disneyland again........
Based on this, DVC would be a poor economic choice for your family.

You'd be better off spending your money on a timeshare that met your travel needs than buying DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter