DVC Help- BLT Unavailable- Next Choice?

Laldtd

Earning My Ears
It seems nearly impossible to get an early Jan reservation at BLT. I will be traveling w DH, my parents, and 9DS, 7DS, and 4DD. First time to Disney in a while. My folks are driving from Orlando so we WILL have a car.

Where would you recommend staying besides BLT? We plan on visiting all of the parks but are particularly concerned about transportation. How much will it help that we will have a car or should we stick to bus/monorail? Best choice after BLT?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

January is a very popular month for DVC due to low points so your choices may be limited even further than just BLT.

I own at BCV but with a car, my choice is Kidani savannah view. The one and two bedroom units there are outstanding and parking is very convenient as it's right underneath the building. Even if I didn't have my own car, I would still probably pick Kidani for a January visit.

My choice for you would be Beach Club, if they have anything left either. Two reasons:
1. Stormalong Bay, even though it might be too chilly in January, it also might be nice out. And I think the pools are heated, so....
2. Proximity to two parks. Yes, you'd have to take a bus (or drive) to Magic Kingdom, but you can either walk or take the boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. So BCV are you next best option, transportation-wise, after BLT.

Otherwise, if you have a car and you're going in the "off-season," staying at Animal Kingdom would also be nice. Or SSR, due to proximity to DTD.

DO your parents have a vehicle big enough for 7ppl? Are you all staying together or are your parents just driving in?

I prefer OKW or SSR ( I am aware not many like SSR). But if you have a car, you are a short walk away. Rooms at OKW west are much larger, better for a extended family trip. We do have Beach club on our list to do, but so far we have had no luck with availability.

We own at BLT and BCV and I actually like BCV much better. Except for the close vicinity to the MK that BLT offers, I like BCV better. Being on the Boardwalk and so close to the Intern'l Gateway of EPCOT is the best and your kids won't want to leave SAB. You may want to consider BWV too if you can't get BCV. You can walk to EPCOT and take the Friendship Boats right to DHS. Key locations.

My second choice would be AKV Kidani. Just like BLT they have an extra bathroom. ( 1 br has 2, 2 br has 3 bath). parking is convenient. The pool is great. seeing the animals every day is fun. There is a lot to do at this resort.

We have stayed at OKW and SSR, they were great too.

Boardwalk / Beach club have great locations. ( havent stayed there yet... so I cant comment on them.)

We've only stayed at two thus far -- OKW (three times) and AKV (Kidani) (once). I am staying at BCV in June and BWV in December. I would HIGHLY recommend OKW. We love everything about it, you can park right in front of your building; if you choose to take a bus we've had the best bus service of all of our stays anywhere at OKW.

If you want to stay near MK then VWL would be a good choice or you could hope to pick up GFV when it opens (or BLT may become more available as people migrate to the "newest")

Not sure if you are CRO cash or renting points but consider the following

If you are setting the reservation up now I would say Kidani SV or OKW since they are both fun with kids of you kids age and there are a lot of rental points available for booking before 7 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter