DVC Gold AP purchase ?

Louis morrell

DIS Veteran
I have never purchased a DVC Gold AP. Do I need to call member services to purchase or just purchase online?

Unfortunately, you have to call MS to buy DVC Gold APs. You can buy Platinum, Platinum Plus and water park APs online but not Gold. Same for renewals.

Actually, you can buy the DVC gold pass online. If you link your DVC membership info to the WDW/My Disney Experience site, you’ll be able to purchase the pass...I just did that this week.

Sounds good.
Also can you use Disney gift cards for the gold? I know they work for the platinum but I have never purchased a DVC gold..

Thanks

Actually, you can buy the DVC gold pass online. If you link your DVC membership info to the WDW/My Disney Experience site, you’ll be able to purchase the pass...I just did that this week.

Darn! I went to the DVC Member site and clicked on the AP link under Benefits - it took me to a page allowing purchase of the Platinum/PlatPlus/waterpark APs but not the Gold. I didn't try the MDE site - oh well, Disney is nothing if not inconsistent!

Darn! I went to the DVC Member site and clicked on the AP link under Benefits - it took me to a page allowing purchase of the Platinum/PlatPlus/waterpark APs but not the Gold. I didn't try the MDE site - oh well, Disney is nothing if not inconsistent!
Have you linked your DVC membership to your MDE profile? If you haven’t don’t that, the option to buy the gold pass won’t appear.

Have you linked your DVC membership to your MDE profile? If you haven’t don’t that, the option to buy the gold pass won’t appear.

Oh yes! It's been linked since MDE was created - we've been DVC members since 1997!

I did look at MDE after reading your post and saw that the DVC Gold AP was an option. However, even though I could renew a Platinum or Platinum Plus pass through MDE, we have to call MS to renew a DVC Gold :headache:.

When you get the pass don’t forget to activate the pass at Guest Services at the park before you try to enter. Adults will need photo ID.

Thanks, we have had APs before. We just purchased direct so now we can purchase the DVC gold. Just need to know our purchase options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter