DVC AP Renewal

blkhwks55

Mouseketeer
HI everyone! We had AP's that expired Feb 2020 and the parks closed before the 30 day renewal window came up. Would they consider doing renewals on these AP's?

Thanks,
Tony

Edit: I did find an email that they sent out stating that deadlines would be extended. Any info or Disney Magic someone received would be appreciated.

Edit 2: After being on the phone with DVC, VIP AP number and transferred twice, I was put on the callback list from AP and it could take 7-10 days for a call back.

Last edited:
HI everyone! We had AP's that expired Feb 2020 and the parks closed before the 30 day renewal window came up. Would they consider doing renewals on these AP's?

Thanks,
Tony

Edit: I did find an email that they sent out stating that deadlines would be extended. Any info or Disney Magic someone received would be appreciated.

Edit 2: After being on the phone with DVC, VIP AP number and transferred twice, I was put on the callback list from AP and it could take 7-10 days for a call back.

I agree with other posts on the wait that may occur - my callback took 1 day shy of 4 weeks. If you have an upcoming trip and buy tickets for it, they will likely apply that cost towards the AP cost if they also allow an AP renewal or purchase. They also honored my DVC discount when I purchased.

I’m interested in the answer to this as well. Our APs ran out 2 or 3 days before the parks closed in March. We have a trip planned this November and I desperately want to renew our APs. Looking at the cost of regular tickets compared to the APs makes me want to cry.

Thanks,
Tony

I just got my AP back after giving it from the closure. They said 7 days for a call back. It took them 23. They’re very backlogged.

Yes, the current call back wait is a month. I called again this weekend after my first 2 weeks and checked on my status. I told them I leave in 2 weeks (now 11 days) and they did bump me up and called me back that same evening, I appreciated the extra pixie dust and did get to repurchase all of our APs back.

Yes, the current call back wait is a month. I called again this weekend after my first 2 weeks and checked on my status. I told them I leave in 2 weeks (now 11 days) and they did bump me up and called me back that same evening, I appreciated the extra pixie dust and did get to repurchase all of our APs back.
If it takes a month for them to call back. Disney needs to bring back a few more CM’s and speed things up a bit. Things are picking up. Time to bring some back.

If it takes a month for them to call back. Disney needs to bring back a few more CM’s and speed things up a bit. Things are picking up. Time to bring some back.

it would certainly be ideal to have more CM’s. As I was planning my April trip (independent of the AP wait of 4 weeks), there were many other items in purchasing and scheduling a Disney trip that took hours of waiting when the prior standard has been minutes.

So many factors involved in ramping back up, I’m sure. I’m thankful to be going and certainly understand, but like most things these days having patience and alternative plans is the norm.

The on-hold music for Disney has been a regular background playlist at my house 😀

We just got back and here is the update to my post. We got there on Sunday night, and Monday morning we went to the ticket center at DS. Unfortunately, it was the same answer as before. They can't do anything and the only ones that can are the AP VIP team. I told him that I was told that the call back timeframe has been posted to be be about a month, though they said 7-10 days. He said, "You know a lot of people lost their jobs and they are working short handed." I empathized with him and understand that. I guess with Disney's usual customer service, I'm used to 1st point of contact to be able to take care of issues on the spot whether the answer is yes or no. Originally he didn't believe that AP would have sent an email stating that they would extend the expiration window, but I showed my email and he said he hadn't seen that one before. So the only option is waiting for a call. He said if I'm lucky maybe they'd apply the tickets we bought to the price of the renewals.

to the price of the renewals.
This part is confusing me, and maybe that's why it's been so difficult for you. You aren't trying to renew. Your pass expired in Feb of 2020. If you renewed, that renewal would already be expired. It sounds like you want to buy a new pass, and that is (as far as I know) only available to people who's passes were affected by the closure.

This part is confusing me, and maybe that's why it's been so difficult for you. You aren't trying to renew. Your pass expired in Feb of 2020. If you renewed, that renewal would already be expired. It sounds like you want to buy a new pass, and that is (as far as I know) only available to people who's passes were affected by the closure.
The reason I say renew is that the parks closed (March 16th 2020) before my 30 day window to renew expired. I received an email from Disney that states if you are in that 30 day window, we will extend that date for you. The issues is there was no follow up on Disney’s part stating that I how they are handling that for people. Only that it is considered by the VIPs on a case by case issue. Everyone that has had a pass could renew 30 days after their passes expired but there wasn’t anyone that could do that for us. Unfortunately we fall into that grey area that yes technically you should be able to renew according to everyone I’ve spoken to, but they do not have the ability to approve that. 561134

The reason I say renew is that the parks closed (March 16th 2020) before my 30 day window to renew expired. I received an email from Disney that states if you are in that 30 day window, we will extend that date for you. The issues is there was no follow up on Disney’s part stating that I how they are handling that for people. Only that it is considered by the VIPs on a case by case issue. Everyone that has had a pass could renew 30 days after their passes expired but there wasn’t anyone that could do that for us. Unfortunately we fall into that grey area that yes technically you should be able to renew according to everyone I’ve spoken to, but they do not have the ability to approve that.
Right; but you don't want to renew, do you? A renewal from Feb 2020 would already be expired. You want to purchase a new pass. That's not what the email says they're letting you do.

Right; but you don't want to renew, do you? A renewal from Feb 2020 would already be expired. You want to purchase a new pass. That's not what the email says they're letting you do.
Isn’t a renewal window considered before and after expiration date? Or am I incorrect?

The reason I say renew is that the parks closed (March 16th 2020) before my 30 day window to renew expired. I received an email from Disney that states if you are in that 30 day window, we will extend that date for you. The issues is there was no follow up on Disney’s part stating that I how they are handling that for people. Only that it is considered by the VIPs on a case by case issue. Everyone that has had a pass could renew 30 days after their passes expired but there wasn’t anyone that could do that for us. Unfortunately we fall into that grey area that yes technically you should be able to renew according to everyone I’ve spoken to, but they do not have the ability to approve that. View attachment 561134

I think the confusing part is that AP renewals were never shut down. People have always been allowed to renew the pass. Many did and when the parks opened, the days that were part of closure were added to the end.

I’m confused as to why you didn’t call to renew during the initial window? Even those WDW closed in March, AP sales didn’t close until mid June. Even then, they were processing renewals.

Regardless, as noted, since your pass did not expire during closure, it expired before, you may have a difficult time as you are not eligible for a new one based on current rules.

Isn’t a renewal window considered before and after expiration date? Or am I incorrect?

Yes, you can renew the pass up to 30 days after it expires. But the start date is still one year from expiration of the old one

If your pass expired in February 2020, you needed to renew by the end of March 2020. Had you done that, you would have gotten an additional 4 months to your ticket for the closure.

But, you didn’t have an actual pass during closure so there would be no extension and a renewal would take you until Feb 2021...which is over.

ETA: The window was extended so that people didn’t need to renew before parks opened back up and that they would allow you to renew late.

Last edited:
Yes, you can renew the pass up to 30 days after it expires. But the start date is still one year from expiration of the old one

If your pass expired in February 2020, you needed to renew by the end of March 2020. Had you done that, you would have gotten an additional 4 months to your ticket for the closure.

But, you didn’t have an actual pass during closure so there would be no extension and a renewal would take you until Feb 2021...which is over.

ETA: The window was extended so that people didn’t need to renew before parks opened back up and that they would allow you to renew late.
Gotcha, thanks. I thought I would ask because many people that cancelled their passes and were refunded were allowed to repurchase them. I thought there is no harm in asking. The worst they could tell me was no. I’m not fighting for it just trying to get a straight answer from them.

Gotcha, thanks. I thought I would ask because many people that cancelled their passes and were refunded were allowed to repurchase them. I thought there is no harm in asking. The worst they could tell me was no. I’m not fighting for it just trying to get a straight answer from them.

I don’t blame you! Just wanted to give you more specifics for when you do talk to them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter