Dumb DC question

sillyhorse3

Earning My Ears
We have never been and just going will be a budget stretch. Can you see the dolphins without doing the add-on? We don't need to touch them or be in the water with them but can we see them or watch others in the water?

That’s not been my experience. If you wanted to watch others in the Wster with the dolphins you still had to pay. But good luck. I’ve done two dolphin experiences in different ports and they were both the same. I know it’s expensive but the dolphin experience where you pet them, swim and hold on their fin as they take you around is incredible.

That’s not been my experience. If you wanted to watch others in the Wster with the dolphins you still had to pay. But good luck. I’ve done two dolphin experiences in different ports and they were both the same. I know it’s expensive but the dolphin experience where you pet them, swim and hold on their fin as they take you around is incredible.
Are you talking about Discovery Cove, or a different excursion?

I've never had any problems standing on the beach and watching the dolphin swims (and not having to pay)

You are welcome to stand on the beach sand and watch the participants doing their dolphin interactions. You won't be able to get into the water, but otherwise, you are free to stand and observe. Once the dolphins have completed all the guest interactions, you can often see them playing with their toys and their trainers further out in the dolphin lagoons.

Just returned and can confirm that there would have been no issue whatsoever with standing on the beach right up next to the lagoon and watching the dolphin's interact with others. Also at the very start and very end of the day the Dolphins were playing in the empty Lagoon. I would only add that obviously people paying for that experience would not want you standing in their way as they prepare to enter the water or as they get their group photo at the start. However, there is plenty of room with a view out into the Dolphin Lagoon. We did the Dolphin Swim but also purposely got loungers between the Reef and the Dolphin Lagoon and turned them around so that during our down time (of which we ended up having very little because we stayed busy all day) we could watch the Dolphin Interactions.

You also don’t have to buy the dolphin encounter for all members of your party. I went as a day guest and got my daughter and her hubby the dolphin encounter. I was allowed to take pictures and even got to come out for a family pic with the dolphin.

I think I remember when we did our dolphin experience in 2015 that there was a viewing area on the side of the lagoon right by where the experience occurred. But I don't know if that was reserved for family members of those participating in the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter