DTD: Fuego by Sosa closing

DeanDoug

DIS Veteran
A friend recently learned that the popular, upscale cigar bar, Fuego, in DTD will be closing in September.:mad:
I'm so disappointed to learn this- while it's not a family destination, it is a great retreat for those looking for a different experience.
I'm hoping that the closing is just a rumor- but worried that Fuego will go up in smokepixiedust:

Dave- One is Sosa's Cigar shop (or something like that,) one is Fuego by Sosa's bar... you can't sit and have a drink with your stogie at the shop.

Sad to hear that Disney is upable to relocate Fuego cigar lounge. Its been a great place to visit on all our vacations to Disney. It was my hang out for evening and listen to music and meeting a lot of new people. Maybe Fuego's will get some luck and some how they finds a spot to place them during construction and new place in Disney Springs.

While Fuego does not appeal to me, I was always disappointed that Pleasure Island largely came and went when I was not of an age to appreciate it (or during a time when I went almost 20 years without getting to Disney at all).

I do wish that there would be a nightclub option or 3 on site while I'm there. I understand that the neighbors don't need the fireworks. I also understand that the clubs were attracting "the wrong element", but I wonder that Disney could do something about this. Perhaps with magicbands.

I do wish that there would be a nightclub option or 3 on site while I'm there.

There are :)

Rixs Lounge
Atlantic Dance Hall
House of blues - kinda ;)

Its just the top two most people don't even know exist, and the last one is maybe more of a restaurant/venue than a nightclub.

There are :)

Rixs Lounge
Atlantic Dance Hall
House of blues - kinda ;)

Its just the top two most people don't even know exist, and the last one is maybe more of a restaurant/venue than a nightclub.

I haven't heard anything about Rix being any more than a standard hotel bar in a couple years. King Bob, correct me if I am wrong, but I think the DJ in there is a thing of the past.

House of Blues turns its performance venue into a nightclub on Sunday nights. Other nights, it's a standard concert venue, or simply unused.

Agreed on ADH. It's very hit or miss, depending on if there is a convention in the Swolphin. In addition, Bongos turns into a Latin nightclub on the weekends.

I've walked by Rix at least 20 times, but I never thought much about about it. I need to be more aware of what my own resort amenities are.

I'll go further to say that it would be cool to have a nightclub destination on the order of what Pleasure Island had been.

Rix is easy as it is at my prefered resort, but late night intra-resort travel is much more complicated than Resort --> DTD/DS.

The Rix website is shockingly poor and gives no clue as to whats on offer there these days.

They did tweet a pic of their dancefloor back in feb though :confused3

It does seem they see themselves more as a lounge bar than anything else though these days.

Fuego is one of our favorites for an "adult" spot to have a cocktail, puff on a stogie, and peoplewatch. We were just there last Saturday - I had called ahead because I had heard rumors it was closing so I wanted to make sure we did not make a wasted trip. It is indeed closing in September. The proprietor informed me that Disney has other plans for the property but it has not been announced yet.

Sadness.

After a day at the parks and a late meal at Raglan Road or just picking up something from Ghiardelli's (sp?) we'd camp out there on the porch so the wife could smoke, we'd have a glass of wine and peoplewatch and enjoy the evening.

We always made sure we had Brad as our server, who was always awesome.

We're going to miss it, but we'll adjust somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter