Drydock for Wonder - September 2019 - What's Being Renewed/Improved?

I'm really curious to see what they did to the royal suites. I read that they were doing some remodeling in both of the Royal Suites as well. I'll be in the Walt on the 4th so unless the current occupant posts pics, I might just have to wait and see for myself.
I look forward to your updates!

I'm really curious to see what they did to the royal suites. I read that they were doing some remodeling in both of the Royal Suites as well. I'll be in the Walt on the 4th so unless the current occupant posts pics, I might just have to wait and see for myself.

Please post pics of the of the room and the updated Concierge Lounge.

When we were in the Roy in July Glenn the concierge host said they were completely gutting them, I imagine they will get rid of the wasted space where the second sink and fridge is located. we are excited to see we will be back in the Roy on oct 18th
chris

Since I am on that sailing as well.....and there is a high chance I will never get to stay in a Royal Suite, I am officially inviting myself over to your room for a walk through. -- In all honesty though, enjoy the room, and please do post pictures when we are back. And have a GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!

Just noticed that same person also put out a video of the new Cove Cafe. I asked her if she had anything on the new concierge lounge and she said she didn't.

Thanks for this. Overall, I'd say I like it. Seems more bright and open than before. BUT.

Tell me if I'm wrong. Doesn't it seem kinda 'cruise ship bland' style? I'm not really getting a Disneyfied vibe here.

Thanks for this. Overall, I'd say I like it. Seems more bright and open than before. BUT.

Tell me if I'm wrong. Doesn't it seem kinda 'cruise ship bland' style? I'm not really getting a Disneyfied vibe here.

I agree somewhat. The whole Disney vibe is lacking, but at the same time, maybe they were trying to tone it down a bit in that area since the Cove cafe is adults only? It does look relaxing, and i think the themed interactive menu on the ipad is a nice touch.

Doesn't it seem kinda 'cruise ship bland' style? I'm not really getting a Disneyfied vibe here.

I agree. That area with the curved wall (right-hand side of the entrance) in particular looks very boring. The Magic has a really nice mural covering the entire wall.

Disney Cruise Line Shares a Sneak Peek of Enhancements Made to the Disney Wonder
By Jackie Gailey - www.wdwinfo.com

The Disney Wonder is now boasting a collection of brand-new enhancements and Disney Cruise Line has just shared the first look.

The French Quarter Lounge is where guests will find that the world of Princess Tiana has come to life. The New Orleans-themed lounge is the biggest change and will transport cruisers into the heart of the city’s iconic French Quarter.

The French Quarter Lounge was inspired by the Disney animated feature The Princess and the Frog and makes the perfect complement to Tiana’s Place Restaurant inviting guests deeper into the story.

Guests can enjoy live music on the lounge’s gazebo stage nightly while they sample a New Orleans-themed specialty drink and dance the night away.

The French Quarter Lounge was “designed as a whimsical outdoor space in New Orleans featuring decorative details like a storefront window with a wrought-iron balcony above.” Fans of the film will likely notice that the hats displayed were inspired by the very same hats worn by their favorite characters.

Guests will find other inspired details throughout the lounge including “a full-sized streetcar on the St. Charles line – the same trolley that Tiana rides in the film. Authentic wooden bench seating creates a cozy place to sit, listen to music, and experience the ambiance. Step aboard the handsome streetcar which is the picture-perfect spot for your family memories.”

The bar is a focal part of the lounge with New Orleans-style wrought-iron adornments and shutters. In addition to offering specialty cocktails, nonalcoholic beverages, and coffees, the bar also displays elements inspired by the popular character, Dr. Facilier. A mural on the wall is painted with Dr. Facilier’s shadow and his business card from the film – another cool photo spot! A door in the area is based on the entrance to Dr. Facilier’s shop, with signage and three flickering “candles” overhead.

New Orleans-themed family activities, trivia, character meet-and-greets, and music will bring the bayou spirit of family gatherings and fun to life throughout the day.

Adults have a reimagined space in the Cove Café which has been redesigned into a coffee shop for world travelers, complete with warm, comfortable and trendy décor.

The ample seating and ocean views make Cove Café the ideal place to sip a specialty coffee or tea throughout the day and indulge in wine or a cocktail and light bites during the evening hours. Closeby, the Signals Bar has also received an update with a similar look.
Vibe, the teen space on the ship, has transformed into a contemporary area to hang out and meet new friends while at sea. The club has received a bright redesign that includes framed quotes on the walls, a light color palette, and metal work. A new coffee bar and updated virtual reality technology add to the list of activities just for teens ages 14-17.

Source:: Disney Parks Blog

What is the first cruise post dry-dock? Am I correct that they added additional concierge rooms? The lounge was getting pretty full after the last time they added more rooms, and the concierge staff seemed pretty busy. We are on the 10/27 cruise, but hoping I hear news before that if the additional rooms have made the lounge and deck congested.

it seems sort of cold/sterile looking. I prefer the way it was...felt much warmer and welcoming.

Hopefully someone on the first post dry dock sailing will give us an update on the changes before my sailing! If not, I'll try to get some pics and upload them before we leave San Diego.

There were about 50 workers still doing some work while we sailed 9/30 to San Diego. There was OnDemand, French Qtr bar which was nice. We didn’t encounter any issues, that being said there may have been some plumbing issues just from conversations overheard. We didn’t notice any changes from between last year and this year. The Wonder continued on down to Mexico after reaching San Diego. Hopefully found warmer weather!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter