Drive or use buses?

pens4821

DIS Veteran
Just wondering everyones thoughts. I'll have a car at Disney for the first time. We will be there this weekend. I've figured we'd use Disney buses to get to the parks, but now wondering if driving myself is better. We will be hopping, so two parks each day. Staying at CBR. We've had very few long bus waits on our last trips, so think that just using the buses will be easier. But staying at a big resort like CBR worries me a little.

I'd use the buses and add a bit in your budget for uber if you want a direct route.

Car v Busses usually comes out around 50/50. They both have advantages.

I like busses because I'd prefer someone else drive. It's not that I don't like driving or that WDW is hard to get around (it's actually very well marked), but I enjoy the trip more if someone else drives.

This question comes up frequently. Everyone is different. We prefer to drive, even to MK. I have had some very long bus waits, like an hour, usually at the end of the night when parks close (while staying at Pop). I prefer getting in my car and driving back to resort.

Car is the fastest way around WDW, no question. Buses are not even close. You may sometimes save time taking a bus to MK because you can bypass the TTC, but this isn't always true.

In every other circumstance, driving your own car is faster.

The main advantages of bus are:
1. They are free.
2. Some people absolutely do not want to drive on vacation, so the bus is a relief for them.

Since you will already have a car, I would make it the primary means of getting around.

Drive to every park except the MK. The bus has the advantage at the MK because it drops you off right by the entrance. If you drove to the MK you would have to do the whole tram to TTC and then Monorail/Ferry to the MK thing. At all the other parks its very easy to drive.

We like to enjoy adult beverages during our days in the parks. That means NO DRIVING period. Even if we did have a car there.
Besides that, give me a bus over that dang parking lot tram every day. You are going to be waiting on something, wait on a bus and let someone else deal with all the construction and traffic on the roads at Disney

We always have a car while at WDW. For going to the parks or Disney Springs we take the bus. If we are going to a resort for a breakfast or dinner and we aren't going to or from a park we drive. I prefer to have someone else drive, especially if it's been a really long day at the park in hot weather.

We always use rental car as hands down the fastest way around WDW....DD just got back after we left her there with a friend for 6 nights. she had
to use the buses and said never again!!...too many stops, waiting on line just horrible and if someone had a scooter (which everyone in Disney uses now)
had the scooter and their entourage board first which made the bus full and had to wait longer for the next bus...lamo...

Thanks for your thoughts. Think we will just stick to the bus. We do have dinner our first night at Boma, so will probably drive there. Other than that, unless we have bad experiences we will just bus.

Car v Busses usually comes out around 50/50. They both have advantages.

I like busses because I'd prefer someone else drive. It's not that I don't like driving or that WDW is hard to get around (it's actually very well marked), but I enjoy the trip more if someone else drives.
Exactly my feeling. I also second the Uber suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter