Drinks at Trader Sams

NuttyDisneyDad

Disney veteran
Alright peeps help me out here.... Im going to WDW in May for 12 days and staying at the Polynesian...i plan to be a frequent visitor at Trader Sams. Whats the 1 App and 1 drink that is a must try?

If you'll be a frequent visitor, why not try all of them!

I'm not sure if you'll be alone, but if not go with the Uh-Oa. It has the best show and you get a flaming sugar cube. If you are alone, order it anyway and just have one drink ;)

If you miss 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea order the Nautilus. It's another biggie, but it's also unique to TSGG. It's not in Disneyland.

For regular size drinks, the Hippopoto-Mai Tai, and the Zombie are my favs. Volcano has a great show though. The Polynesian Pearl is another unique cocktail, and rumour has it they pull a black pearl out once in a while.

For apps ummmmm... Go get a dole whip?

I really enjoyed the Hippopoto-Mai Tai. As for apps, we had the Pork Tacos and they were really good and the dumplings, the were ok.

My favorite is the HippoPotoMaiTai, and DH likes the volcano one. The UhOa was just okay (but it was also like a 4th drink for the two of us, so it may have just been us ;) ) I believe we've also tried all of the apps, and they were all tasty. The sausage things are unique.

As for the drink prices - some of them include the souvenir mugs. If you don't want the mug, they'll deduct about $10. They'll still serve it in the mug - you just wont get one to bring home.

The Polynesian Pearl is DELICIOUS. Just so so so good. I think it was about 17 bucks WITH the pearl.

We were told by frequent guests of Sam's that the black pearl is pulled every 100th pearl. Wouldn't you know it, the NEXT PP drink to be ordered after my cousin and I both got it? Was a black one. Oh, the timing!

The Pearl beverage is the exception - they won't sell it to you if you don't buy the plastic pearl. it's plastic, and they can't take it back and sanitize it.

We're looking forward to our first Trader Sams experience in a few months. I'm thinking of bringing a captains hat to order drinks… :cutie:

I've only had the Pearl. Some of the drinks are the same as Disneyland but I can't remember of the one I got for the mug. The other drinks I had were seasonal (at Disneyland)

The price is daunting, but the Nautilus is (a) a good drink, and (b) a wonderful souvenir! And it comes pre-packed in a foam-insert box to help you get it home in one piece.
trader-sams-grog-grotto-the-nautilus-bowl-600x455.jpg

The price is daunting, but the Nautilus is (a) a good drink, and (b) a wonderful souvenir! And it comes pre-packed in a foam-insert box to help you get it home in one piece.
trader-sams-grog-grotto-the-nautilus-bowl-600x455.jpg
can 1 person drink it alone? How much to keep mug?

The Pearl beverage is the exception - they won't sell it to you if you don't buy the plastic pearl. it's plastic, and they can't take it back and sanitize it.

The server gave us a price to buy it without the pearl.

can 1 person drink it alone? How much to keep mug?

We saw one person drink it. :) Seemed to be a bit nutty, but his wife didn't seem to be drinking and their 3 year old wasn't going to have any. :)

From themouseforless: "Nautilus – Barbancourt Pango Rhum, Appletone Estate Reserve Rum, Combier Creme de Peche de Vigne Liqueur, Tropical Juices, and Falernum. Served in a souvenir Nautilus. Serves two – $52.00"

Bit of a surprise if you don't check ahead of time!

Bit of a surprise if you don't check ahead of time!

It's not a drink one should stumble into... or out of. It's designed for two, but one can drink it, albeit slowly. Comes adorned with flowers, if that helps, and two straws.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter