Drinks at Trader Sams

I had to look up falernum. I need to put it on my list for next weekend's cocktails.

How does Meyers rum compare to the Bacardi 151? I just have Bacardi light now.
Meyers is much richer in flavor. Bacardi 151 is more powerful than flavorful.

But you definitely want a good DARK rum, we use Bacardi because that's what we have.

For me my favorite was the Hipplomai-tai and the Tiki tiki tiki rum. I can also recommend the Spikey Pineapple only available outside at the terrace.

The glass for the mai-tai was a pretty blue and reminded me of the old Poly drink glasses from the 70's that my mother had. I have them now. I also got the pearl. It was a little sweet for me.

For non-alcoholic I Like Schweiter Falls is my favorite.

The Tiki Tiki Tiki TIki TIkl Rum was tasty. I love margaritas, so the Rosita's Margarita is always a hit for me.

The price is daunting, but the Nautilus is (a) a good drink, and (b) a wonderful souvenir! And it comes pre-packed in a foam-insert box to help you get it home in one piece.
trader-sams-grog-grotto-the-nautilus-bowl-600x455.jpg

This...!!
All of this.

And the drink is pretty good too.

How long is the wait to get in?
Weekdays are usually much better than Friday nights and weekends. I usually go early on a non-park day. Some go in the afternoon after a shorter day at Animal Kingdom. I like to get in line around 3:30pm so I know I can get a table for the 4pm opening. I enjoy at least 1 hr in the bar to sip my drink & watch the effects. If you need to fit it in later one evening after MK, I'd still opt for a Tues or Wed if possible to lessen your wait time.

Weekdays are usually much better than Friday nights and weekends. I usually go early on a non-park day. Some go in the afternoon after a shorter day at Animal Kingdom. I like to get in line around 3:30pm so I know I can get a table for the 4pm opening. I enjoy at least 1 hr in the bar to sip my drink & watch the effects. If you need to fit it in later one evening after MK, I'd still opt for a Tues or Wed if possible to lessen your wait time.
We were there on a Thursday. Showed up around 3:15. At 3:25, 3 CMs came out and started handing out pagers so we could visit other parts of the resort. DS and I bought Trader Sam's Hawaiian shirts. We were first, so we got to come back at 4:00 and got our pick of tables.

Isn't the spikey pineapple only available at Trader Sam's outdoor bar?
Perhaps it is-that is actually where I have had it a couple times-I really like the outdoor area because of the live music (and view of wishes with the music piped in)
Eta just saw someone already answered that question

Thanks!
We'll be staying at the Poly in late Sept, so we will plan on one early visit at about 4pm on a Tuesday.
But we'd also like to stop in on a Thursday night at about 10pm. What do you think the wait time will be then?
Looks like MK will be closing at 7pm that night, so will there be bigger crowds at Trader Sams then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter