"Drinking establishment"

kjustice

Loving the world through my kids eyes!
Okay, first of all let me say this isn't posted on the Family Board for obvious reasons.

We are going to WDW in June for my husband's 40th birthday and are expecting several out-of-towners from our college days.

I was wondering if anyone had any favorite haunts or drinking establishments at the Resorts (preferably a moderate).

I personally like the bar outside Chef Mickey's but the Contemporary can be pricey.

Thanks everyone!!!

Well, Jelly Rolls is my all time favorite for drinks - and TONS of fun! It's a blast.

If you just want someplace quiet to sit and talk, then most of the deluxe resort lounges should fit the bill. We like the ones at the Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge best.

Our favorite resort bar to sit and drink at...AS Sports..pool bar.

Another place you might try...is the bar over at House of Blues.
Great atmosphere, good food/snacks to munch while you are drinking, and depending on when you go..not so crowded.

The bar at CB was nice, haven't been there since the remodel..I am sure it is even nicer now. The bar at POR...loaded with kids, wouldn't recommend that one.

Have fun!

At the Boardwalk we popped over to the store and bought a 6 pack. Much cheaper than by the bottle.

I love the pool bar at the CBR. There are tables with umbrellas or seats at the bar - it's very tropical. There's a Banana drink they do that's great!

If you're still in "drinking shape" you might want to stay in a deluxe with a balcony (rent points for a DVC studio maybe) and do some drinking in your room before you go out. I don't think any of the Disney bars are budget friendly.

You might even just bar hop among the resorts. WL then boat to Contemporary and so on.

I'll put in another vote for Jellyrolls. It's a fun place to park your butt for a few hours, and just have fun! But, it's not the type of place where you can sit and chat easily, as it gets loud.

Karen

Well, one of the posters voted against POR's River Roost. I vote for it.

Bob Jackson is a blast. Yes there are kids there...but not alot. Usually the kids clear out by 10pm and Bob plays until 12 mid. and usually a bit after.

You will have a blast. We do. If its DH 40th...make to sure to let Bob know.....trust me, your DH will be included in many acts.

But remember " you'll never see those people again."

We love Bob and his show. POR is a moderate and I STRONGLY recommend it.

check out Bob's website...www.yehaabob.com

Enjoy !!!!!!

We enjoyed the pool bar at the CBR. There was a very tropical feel, although the prices were still rather steep, but I guess you expect that at WDW:rolleyes:

My votes would go to Jellyrolls & POR with Bob. Both places are loads of fun.

A few more options:

Pool Locations: Poly, AKL and WL have nice walk up with minimal seating.

Resort: Crews Cup at YC/BC

Enjoy in moderation........:upsidedow

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Moderation?

That's why I want to stay near the bar! Or utilize the WDW Bus system.

Just kidding, I am a mom and after 2 beers I usually fall asleep.

It's my DINK friends I am thinking about.

:p

Has anyone been to the pool bar at Pop Century yet? We are going in June with several other couples, and was wondering how it was.

.....Blame it on your friends! lol

I usually prefer "vino" however, the Crews Cup has a BIG :eek: Frosted Scooner of "Sam Adams" that really is a great way to end the day or before heading out to SAB!

I can taste it now! ::yes::

Enjoy!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Very good locations so far here is something we have done way to many times. Starting around noon go have a cocktail at you're resorts Pool bar . Then everyone to the resort bus stop and go to another pool bar. Have another one or two then back on the bus to another pool bar. The goal which fades away after just a few stops is to visit as many pool bars as possible. The added bonus is if any of the group is an "expert" drinker the 45 minutes between stops helps greatly.

mckim: I was at PC opening day and Petals pool bar only opened a few hours that 1st week. Mostly because it was cold and rainy. Being the 1st guests I walked around and requested the closest room to Petals. Someone beat me to it got the 2nd closest 65 feet in the 60's bldg. Petals is by far better than the Ice Cream shop bars at the All Stars..

Have fun and leave the driving to Disney.

RussH

I just wanted to add my vote for Bob Jackson at POR! We accidently found him a few years ago, and haven't planned a trip since then without at least one visit to see him. He is so entertaining! If you are with a group of crazy people, he will usually get you to come up and do one or two skits. That's not to say anyone is safe! There are sing alongs, too.

DH and I (mid 30's) love him!

I recall having a heckuva time at Narccoossee's at the GF in my younger days. There were 4 of us, the lunch tab came to $160 and we had a bucket of mussels and a shrimp cocktail for food, the rest of the tab was beverages. :earseek:

My favorite watering holes at WDW are (not in any order):

Victoria Falls at AKL
Bellevue Room at BW
Mizners at the GF

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter