Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

We need to find a good clear picture of the port side, to look at the concierge verandahs on both Decks 11 and 12. It's too hard to see from the pictures I've downloaded. It looks like they go all the way out to the curved edge, but it does also look like they are more enclosed than normal verandahs.

From the picture you just posted it looks like the same as the spa side. It has that enclosed Solarium look - covered top, open in the middle and closed bottom. Definitely, looks like the verandahs are extended all the way to the curve which will be nice.

I was reading this thread hoping to find this info. :) The bump out interests me. We are in 11002 for our Dream B2B. I have looked on the deckplans, and it looks like it is on the bump out, but I have no idea if the verandah is in fact deeper or if it is enclosed. Hmmmm....

Take a look at the picture I added to my post above. The concierge rooms are in the bump out and continuing down the first half of the ship, and you can see that there is an opening to the verandahs, though it does appear that they have roofs to them as well. What we can't really see is what is right behind the glass, and whether the space is all sectioned out into private verandahs, or opened up into a common/shared opening.

We have aft balcony 6192 reserved - wondering whether the flag staff will be a problem? Also, there is a gray area on the deck plan next to this balcony(above deck 5 exterior access door) and adjacent to 6690 that could increase the size of one or both of these balconies. I noticed the same on deck 7. I'm assuming the access door on deck 5 is how the crew will get to the flag pole.

We need to find a good clear picture of the port side, to look at the concierge verandahs on both Decks 11 and 12. It's too hard to see from the pictures I've downloaded. It looks like they go all the way out to the curved edge, but it does also look like they are more enclosed than normal verandahs.

Here's a picture that remorse posted in the other thread. From this picture, it appears that there is some opening to the verandahs on the port side.

2010-10-31093307.jpg

Am I right in assuming this is the front of the ship? If so, there are no portholes for the rooms on the front. :confused3

Am I right in assuming this is the front of the ship? If so, there are no portholes for the rooms on the front. :confused3

Do you mean the rooms that are facing straight forward? If so, those have square windows.

Do you mean the rooms that are facing straight forward? If so, those have square windows.

ther are NO SQUARE windowed staterooms on the Disney Dream or Fantasy... the staterooms in the front might look like the y do, but under that long, flat, rectangular glass window, there's still circular portholes... :goodvibes

We're in 5192 (a 6B room), and I'm loving the fact that it looks like the balcony is mostly transparent despite being a "white wall verandah" room.

Also, it appears the portholes are not as big as the ones on the sides of the ship which include seating. They seem to be at an angle also. I noticed this because I have an 8C on the Dream but am booked in one of these 9A's on the Fantasy. From what I can tell, the portholes are the size of the ones on the lower deck. Anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I have been wondering the same thing. We are booked in 6502.

They're square windows, not portholes.

Those who watched the construction of the Dream know there are round portholes on the front of the ship that are then covered over with the smooth windows that address both architectural and aerodynamic purposes. This in essence creates a double window, that we many not understand what impact that has on the view from the porthole until someone is actually in the room.

Also, it appears the portholes are not as big as the ones on the sides of the ship which include seating. They seem to be at an angle also. I noticed this because I have an 8C on the Dream but am booked in one of these 9A's on the Fantasy. From what I can tell, the portholes are the size of the ones on the lower deck. Anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I think the size perception is a bit misleading, since if you match up the glass covering in size to the portholes on the front sides of the ship, they appear to be roughly the same size. In the picture that showed the portholes before they were covered over, I believe the paint extends onto the windows making them look smaller in that picture, but if you look real close, they appear to be the same size as the ones on the side. As mentioned in another picture, those portholes are extremely large, about the same size as the verandah doors/window opening.

The 9A rooms on the aft part of the ship, and the 9B rooms on Deck 2 all seem to have medium-size portholes, so there is the potential that these windows could be medium-sized as well, leaving only the 9A rooms on the sides of the ship with the large portholes.

If you look at the pictures on the first page of this thread, you will see there are indeed portholes across the front. They are covered with glass to have a squared appearance.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2508496&highlight=dream+webcam

ther are NO SQUARE windowed staterooms on the Disney Dream or Fantasy... the staterooms in the front might look like the y do, but under that long, flat, rectangular glass window, there's still circular portholes... :goodvibes

I'd been debating booking one of the 9A corner rooms (7504 or 7006) because they look big, but I don't think I want one of those round window/ square hole views. And with the angle, I'm guessing all you'd see is sky anyway.

Can one of you stateroom gurus check out 7506 and 7008? They are Cat 9A but according to the stateroom diagram (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg) they appear to be the same size as the 8Cs next door. Plus they have the same sized porthole. Am I seeing this correctly?

I'd been debating booking one of the 9A corner rooms (7504 or 7006) because they look big, but I don't think I want one of those round window/ square hole views. And with the angle, I'm guessing all you'd see is sky anyway.

Can one of you stateroom gurus check out 7506 and 7008? They are Cat 9A but according to the stateroom diagram (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg) they appear to be the same size as the 8Cs next door. Plus they have the same sized porthole. Am I seeing this correctly?

They do look like great rooms, and on the deck plan they do appear to be the same size. And yes, the portholes are the same size as the 8C portholes. If I had a choice, I'd pick 7506 between the two just because historically starboard has had better views in the existing ports and CC (assuming they back the new ships in like they do with the existing ships.)

I have one of the 9A corner rooms booked for the Dream, but booked 8C rooms for the Fantasy. That was based on 1, my disappointment that the 9A corner rooms have forward facing portholes and with the double window coverings and the bow below, I'm not sure we'll be able to see much out the window other than water and sky in the distance; and 2, my historical preference for aft rooms, though that may not hold true given the layout of the new ships.

I think the size perception is a bit misleading, since if you match up the glass covering in size to the portholes on the front sides of the ship, they appear to be the same size. In the picture that showed the portholes before they were covered over, I believe the paint extends onto the windows making them look smaller in that picture, but if you look real close, they appear to be the same size as the ones on the side. As mentioned in another picture, those portholes are extremely large, about the same size as the verandah doors/window opening.

Another thing to note: When booking on DCL's website, the Cat. 9A and 9B rooms state "View:One large porthole window or 2 small porthole windows" while the Cat 8 rooms say "View:One large porthole window with seating." There is some difference apparently.

I'm booked in 7504 on the Fantasy. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not because of this. It looks like it's bigger, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the forward view.

It appears that the Royal Suites (12502 & 12002) have plexiglas up quite high to defer the winds at the front of the ship. The bedroom has the lower plexiglas because it appears to be more on the side of the ship. It also appears that the bump out rooms ie. 12506, 12508-1210 etc and their counterparts of the port side do have larger balconies. This is especially true for the middle of the bump two rooms 12508-12510. seeing as we have 12504 if this is true it is a disappointment. I can hardly wait for someone to be on board and take pix of the inside/outside of the staterooms!

What about rooms 8646 and 8648? 5B category? Do they look to be ok?

They look fine. Take a look at the following picture. Deck 8 is the second row of porthole rooms from the top. The first verandah room to the right of the Deck 8 portholes is room 8662. 8648 is 8 rooms to the right of the portholes, and 8646 is the 9th room. Or you can count in from the right side, skipping the first verandah room on the right on Deck 8 that is showing (8644) and you have the two rooms next to it. Though your rooms are a different/smaller category than 8644 (Cat 4B), there doesn't appear to be any visible difference from the verandah perspective.

The only thing I'd mention about your rooms (which hopefully you are aware of) is that they are adjoining, not connecting rooms. Hopefully you realized that when booking them. 8648 is a connecting room, but connects to 8650 on the other side.

IMGP7860.JPG

Finally a good forward shot, thanks to some pictures posted in the photo thread:
image-146469-galleryV9-xwvy.jpg

And here's my new favorite shot, which also shows a good perspective of the corner rooms, where you can clearly see the distance from the side to the first porthole.
image-146423-galleryV9-ovac.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter