• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

so... 6668 would be the 2nd row from the bottom of this pic and the 1st porthole from the left?? Thanks!
Do you think this would be a good room??

6668 is the 2nd row from the bottom, and not the 1st porthole on the right (6666) but the 2nd porthole from the right.

Looks like a good room to me. You have staterooms above and below you, so noise should be reasonable, and you are convenient to the aft elevators. In addition, rather than having rooms directly across from you, you have the hallway that leads to the inside rooms that are across from the rooms on the other side of the ship. The only variable is we don't know what the gray space is that starts across the hall from your room. But other than that, I'd take that room except that it's a connecting room to 6666.

so... 6668 would be the 2nd row from the bottom of this pic and the 1st porthole from the left?? Thanks!
Do you think this would be a good room??

6668 is actually the 2nd porthole counting left of the verandahs. We are booked in 6670 right next door. I think these are going to be GREAT rooms!

Thank you so much HallsofVA. :banana: I was worried I'd have to try and change the rooms.

I found this picture on Andreas' site that shows a closer view of the top forward rooms. As mentioned in my previous post, the curved section that is lit up on Deck 11 is the Senses Rainforest. It extends beyond the curved section to the ladder/cleaning platform on the right.

The Couple's Villa is the space to the right of the cleaning platform extending up to the back edge of the navigation wing.

Cat V room 12504 should be the verandah that's visible behind the top of the cleaning platform. The space to the right of the cleaning platform on Deck 12 is the start of the Royal Suite. On this picture, you can see how the verandah for the Royal Suite is protected by angled Plexiglas that extends up to the top of the doors/windows, which hopefully addresses the concern that it would be too windy to use when the ship is moving.

IMGP7874.JPG

I went back to look at this picture, given the post asking about the ladder, and realized that we have a great shot of the Rainforest Room in this picture!

The curved section on the forward right side of the ship on Deck 11 is the Rainforest Room in the Senses spa. It's all lit up in the picture! From the deck plan, the rainforest room also includes the little flat area to the right of the curved section where the two little lights are. To the left of the curved rainforest room, the lit area that extends out of the picture is the Fitness Room.

This is one part where the left side of the ship doesn't match the right side, as the left side opposite the rainforest room is Cat T and V concierge rooms.

To the right of the rainforest room, and extending to the back edge of the Navigation wings is the Couples Villa. There should be a matching Couples Villa on the left side of the ship as well.

Above the Couples Villa and extending to the front of the ship is the Royal Suite (12502/12002). The Cat V room 12504 seems to take up the space above the right side of the rainforest room where the wall is flat (not curved) (where the two little lights are.) Of course, this is right where the white ladder is at the moment, so hopefully it's a temporary thing as suggested by another poster.

8504 anyone?

This was mentioned in my post about the corner rooms, but you can also see it in the picture in the post after yours (above this post).
Deck 8 is the second row of portholes from the top. 8506 is the first porthole on the right side of the picture. 8504 is the white space to the right of that porthole, wrapping around to the front where it has a forward facing porthole.

Just wondering if you have any idea if rooms 8000 and 8002 are normal rooms or different? They look wider on the deck plans, but I can't tell if they have a large porthole or two little ones...or if they're connecting for that matter. And I don't know if I'm ready to make the jump to the forward of the ship...

I've been answering questions and offering guesses, but now I need your help. Look at the picture below. On Deck 10, which is the row of verandah rooms above the top row of porthole rooms, there are three verandah rooms at the very front, right behind the navigational wings and under the couple's villa. On the deck plan I'm looking at this is gray space forward of room 10500. The two rooms to the right of 10500 have different verandah doors from the rest of them, with a small window at the top of a solid looking door. Are these officer or crew rooms?

IMGP7874.JPG

This was mentioned in my post about the corner rooms, but you can also see it in the picture in the post after yours (above this post).
Deck 8 is the second row of portholes from the top. 8506 is the first porthole on the right side of the picture. 8504 is the white space to the right of that porthole, wrapping around to the front where it has a forward facing porthole.

Thanks!

Just wondering if you have any idea if rooms 8000 and 8002 are normal rooms or different? They look wider on the deck plans, but I can't tell if they have a large porthole or two little ones...or if they're connecting for that matter. And I don't know if I'm ready to make the jump to the forward of the ship...

We don't have any great shots of the front of the ship, but we confirmed while they were building it that each room would have its own single porthole. Since they covered over those portholes with a cosmetic or streamlining layer of Plexiglas, it's hard to say how they compare to the other portholes. Those rooms may look slightly longer than other rooms, but the portholes across the front of the ship appeared to be evenly placed from what I recall.

Here's a shot of the front showing the Plexiglas facing that covers and obscures the front portholes from view.
Webcam1.png

It looks like the 2 Cat. T's and 2 Cat V's on deck 12 above the Spa bump out on deck 11 will have deeper balconies than most of the others on Deck 12. I guess we can expect the same on the other side of the ship.

Take a look at this picture. There are lots of people standing on your verandah as well as on deck 9 above. There does not appear to be separation between the verandahs on the very back of the ship, especially when you look at the people standing on Deck 9.
IMGP7834.JPG

so is it safe to say that deck 10 is the deck unoccupied? I am in room 10664 which is one of the rooms near the middle.

I've been answering questions and offering guesses, but now I need your help. Look at the picture below. On Deck 10, which is the row of verandah rooms above the top row of porthole rooms, there are three verandah rooms at the very front, right behind the navigational wings and under the couple's villa. On the deck plan I'm looking at this is grey space forward of room 10500. The two rooms to the right of 10500 have different verandah doors from the rest of them, with a small window at the top of a solid looking door. Are these officer or crew rooms?

IMGP7874.JPG

I would say yes!

As I posted about these rooms there would zero privacy in these rooms. I hadn't noticed the solid doors until you pointed them out.

I guess we could try and book them and see what happens. LOL

Edit: If you look at the deck plan, it is grayed out and about 3 rooms wide!

It looks like the 2 Cat. T's and 2 Cat V's on deck 12 above the Spa bump out on deck 11 will have deeper balconies than most of the others on Deck 12. I guess we can expect the same on the other side of the ship.

Yes, that is what it looks like despite it appearing to stop on the deck plans. Funny too that the verandah dividers seem quite large and complete, even the dividers that separate the connecting rooms. Kind of neat that the track that the little platform rides on curves around the windows as well.

so is it safe to say that deck 10 is the deck unoccupied? I am in room 10664 which is one of the rooms near the middle.

Yes, from the picture you're looking at, there isn't anyone on Deck 10 aft. Room 10664 is one of the rooms in the middle where it dips in at the back.

I would say yes!

As I posted about these rooms there would zero privacy in these rooms. I hadn't noticed the solid doors until you pointed them out.

I guess we could try and book them and see what happens. LOL

Edit: If you look at the deck plan, it is grayed out and about 3 rooms wide!

Were you saying zero privacy because you could see them from the nav platform?

6668 is the 2nd row from the bottom, and not the 1st porthole on the right (6666) but the 2nd porthole from the right.

Looks like a good room to me. You have staterooms above and below you, so noise should be reasonable, and you are convenient to the aft elevators. In addition, rather than having rooms directly across from you, you have the hallway that leads to the inside rooms that are across from the rooms on the other side of the ship. The only variable is we don't know what the grey space is that starts across the hall from your room. But other than that, I'd take that room except that it's a connecting room to 6666.

thanks!! Should I try to get a room that doesn't connect to another room? (I guess it would be nice to save that for someone who needs the connecting rooms...)

The prices went up this week... did anyone notice?

thanks!! Should I try to get a room that doesn't connect to another room? (I guess it would be nice to save that for someone who needs the connecting rooms...)

The prices went up this week... did anyone notice?

On the Dream/Fantasy, it's very hard to find a room that doesn't connect! I had to study the deckplan in detail to make a list of the rooms that don't connect that represent my first choice rooms. We actually went with an 8C room on the Fantasy only because there were no 8D aft rooms that don't connect. You'll be fine with the room you have.

Thanks for the pictures!!!! It really helped to see our room as we are the 1st veranda on the 5th floor after the port holes toward the back. Seems to be less obstruction than some of the other higher floors.

Yes, that is what it looks like despite it appearing to stop on the deck plans. Funny too that the verandah dividers seem quite large and complete, even the dividers that separate the connecting rooms. Kind of neat that the track that the little platform rides on curves around the windows as well.

The verandah dividers do look pretty solid.

What do you think about the verandahs of the Cat. T's and Vs on deck 11 on the port side of the ship? From the few pictures we have seen of that side, it looks like it may have the same type of enclosure as the spa side. I don't think I would be too thrilled with an enclosed, covered verandah considering the rates DCL charges for it's suites.

The verandah dividers do look pretty solid.

What do you think about the verandahs of the Cat. T's and Vs on deck 11 on the port side of the ship? From the few pictures we have seen of that side, it looks like it may have the same type of enclosure as the spa side. I don't think I would be too thrilled with an enclosed, covered verandah considering the rates DCL charges for it's suites.

We need to find a good clear picture of the port side, to look at the concierge verandahs on both Decks 11 and 12. It's too hard to see from the pictures I've downloaded. It looks like they go all the way out to the curved edge, but it does also look like they are more enclosed than normal verandahs.

Here's a picture that remorse posted in the other thread. From this picture, it appears that there is some opening to the verandahs on the port side.

2010-10-31093307.jpg

We need to find a good clear picture of the port side, to look at the concierge verandahs on both Decks 11 and 12. It's too hard to see from the pictures I've downloaded. It looks like they go all the way out to the curved edge, but it does also look like they are more enclosed than normal verandahs.

I was reading this thread hoping to find this info. :) The bump out interests me. We are in 11002 for our Dream B2B. I have looked on the deckplans, and it looks like it is on the bump out, but I have no idea if the verandah is in fact deeper or if it is enclosed. Hmmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter