Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Can one of you stateroom gurus check out 7506 and 7008? They are Cat 9A but according to the stateroom diagram (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg) they appear to be the same size as the 8Cs next door. Plus they have the same sized porthole. Am I seeing this correctly?

They do look like great rooms, and on the deck plan they do appear to be the same size. And yes, the portholes are the same size as the 8C portholes. If I had a choice, I'd pick 7506 between the two just because historically starboard has had better views in the existing ports and CC (assuming they back the new ships in like they do with the existing ships.)

I was just looking at these rooms on the deck plan on the DCL website (where you select your room). On that deck plan, these two rooms actually appear to be smaller than the Cat 8C room next door, though they appear to be the same size on the paper and pdf deckplans. So book them at your own risk, recognizing that you won't get any less than you pay for, though you could possibly get a little extra space if the one deck plan is correct.

Why are Mickey's eyes closed (on the back of the boat)?

Because that's how he does it in the Fantasia movie! He falls asleep while directing the brooms, and doesn't realize that they keep going and flood everything.

Because that's how he does it in the Fantasia movie! He falls asleep while directing the brooms, and doesn't realize that they keep going and flood everything.

Or maybe this too. LOL! I don't know.:confused3

Of course if they were really carrying the theme through, it seems like they would have errant yellow paint where the brooms are starting to go awry. But I digress...

So, usually, we like an aft verandah on CC side, and we were looking at Cat 5E for our Fantasy cruise. This thread has posed a question now for us ---> if you are going to look down and see a lifeboat and not the water rushing by like on the Wonder/Magic, wouldn't it be better to have a 6A/6B verandah room??? DH says "yes" resoudingly. Any thoughts???

So, usually, we like an aft verandah on CC side, and we were looking at Cat 5E for our Fantasy cruise. This thread has posed a question now for us ---> if you are going to look down and see a lifeboat and not the water rushing by like on the Wonder/Magic, wouldn't it be better to have a 6A/6B verandah room??? DH says "yes" resoudingly. Any thoughts???

I like your thinking. Plus that could get you higher up the ship, away from the nightclubs on Deck 4, under the 5E rooms, which would be a turnoff for us.

There is a small lip at the floor of the 6A/6B verandahs (about shin high), and some of them are somewhat obstructed (see my original thread) by the metal detailing, so choose carefully. Also, it remains to be seen how they will handle the 5E verandah railings, since there appears to be a small platform where the verandahs could be extended outward, along with some support type projections above that could be used to support some extended veranda separators.

From eariler DCL press release:

Staterooms:
Nearly nine out of 10 of the 1,250 staterooms on the Disney Dream are outside rooms, and of those, 90 percent have a private verandah. To accommodate larger families and groups traveling together, there are 500 connecting doors adjoining staterooms. On connecting verandah staterooms, the partition between verandahs may be opened to create a larger shared balcony.

From eariler DCL press release:

Staterooms:
Nearly nine out of 10 of the 1,250 staterooms on the Disney Dream are outside rooms, and of those, 90 percent have a private verandah.

So if 90 percent have a private verandah, does that mean that 10% have a shared verandah? Or are they referring to just the oceanview rooms as making up the other 10%? Inquiring minds want to know!

Not a stupid question, but glad you found the answer, hopefully where it was covered a few pages back.

Yes I found it. I thought the forward facing rooms at the very front had port holes too, and wondered if there was some sort of covering over them but I had a wee look at DCL website and discovered that they are just glass.
They look huge.

Yes I found it. I thought the forward facing rooms at the very front had port holes too, and wondered if there was some sort of covering over them but I had a wee look at DCL website and discovered that they are just glass.
They look huge.

Actually they are portholes with an additional covering over them. Underneath that ribbon of plexiglass are 7 portholes on each deck. There is a post on page 8 or so that addresses this, and links to a post where this was discussed during construction.

Take a look at the pictures below. Deck 8 is the top ribbon of windows across the bottom front (Deck 7 being in the middle, and Deck 6 being the bottom row.) Mentally divide the space into 7, to represent the 7 portholes that are hidden behind the false front on each row. 8504 is the corner room and gets the first porthole on the left (as you face the ship), and 8502 is the room next to it, getting porthole #2 from the left (as you face the ship.) We are booked in 8006 which is the corner room on the right as you face the ship, and gets the 7th and last porthole. You can use the same logic to find your deck 6 room. The small picture on the right was the picture captured during construction and referenced in the other thread on page 8.
image-146469-galleryV9-xwvy.jpg
20100614_b.jpg

Thanks for that. :thumbsup2 I'll look back through the thread.

Great job btw answering all these questions. Thank you.

In looking at the corner photo, it appears that the Royal Suite on deck 12 has a large white ladder obstruction. what gives with that??

........there's one at the AFT too, slightly obstructing a far aft verandah room (before the portholes) on deck 10.

........there's one at the AFT too, slightly obstructing a far aft verandah room (before the portholes) on deck 10.

On more recent pictures we've seen, the platform up front that was by the royal suites seemed to have moved or been gone, so it may be moveable and/or removable.

ok, this is probably a silly question :rolleyes1, but I've never cruised before, so...:flower3:. is there an advantage to being on one side of the ship vs the other?? :confused3

thanks!! :yay:

ok, this is probably a silly question :rolleyes1, but I've never cruised before, so...:flower3:. is there an advantage to being on one side of the ship vs the other?? :confused3

thanks!! :yay:

Some folks have preferences as to which side they are on when the ship docks at certain ports, or when sailing across the ocean in different directions. DCL has generally backed the ship into Castaway Cay, so the rooms on the right, or starboard side have the best view of the beach and island, while the rooms on the left/port side have a view of the pier and water beyond.

I think someone looked once and there seemed to be more preference for starboard/right side rooms on the past schedules. But we've been on both sides, and there are things to see and it didn't seriously impact our cruise enjoyment.

Depending on which deck and which ship you are considering, there may be some preferences for one side versus the other to avoid noises such as the kitchens or night clubs if you're looking at a room on Deck 2 on the current ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter