Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

"This GV was on the 2nd floor. I don't know the room number though - forgot to take a picture of it!"

KAT4DISNEY- I can tell you guys this as I think you will get it, I was super excited to see it is the GV on the 2nd floor as DH and I own a tiny peice of that GV. :cool1:

Great pics Kat! Staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom for 9 nights next week and wondering about room requests for location. It seems like a room near the end of the building near the monorail track could be really close to the track. Anyone have any opinions based on what they have seen?

Wow a studio sleeps 5 but no storage. That's crazy

I agree. I noticed that the TV armoire didn't have drawers, only the drop down bed. Hopefully they fix the glitch with the under the bed storage.

Great pics Kat! Staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom for 9 nights next week and wondering about room requests for location. It seems like a room near the end of the building near the monorail track could be really close to the track. Anyone have any opinions based on what they have seen?

I took this pictures to show the rooms that are close to the monorail:

p7865311-4.jpg

But keep this in mind -the monorail is not like a train running over tracks - it really doesn't make much sound while running. If you've ever eating in the concourse area of the CR you can actually miss when the monorails are going thru if you aren't paying attention and watching. Other than for the most highly sensitive person I am doubtful it will be bothersome.

"This GV was on the 2nd floor. I don't know the room number though - forgot to take a picture of it!"

KAT4DISNEY- I can tell you guys this as I think you will get it, I was super excited to see it is the GV on the 2nd floor as DH and I own a tiny peice of that GV. :cool1:

:goodvibes Well, your GV had quite a few people checking it out!

Is there separate parking for the Villas?

Yes, there is a lot there. I took these pictures from where I parked but I didn't not take any other pictures of the whole lot.

Really interested to see the studios. It's one of our options for next late fall with 3 young kids.

We checked in to a dedicated 2 bedroom standard view. The first room we got was on the first floor right off the lobby. The master bedroom balcony had a huge fence right in front of it as it was the beginning of the walkway to GF. The staff was really nice and changed us to a room overlooking the monorail, Poly, and a bit of the lake. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

We checked in to a dedicated 2 bedroom standard view. The first room we got was on the first floor right off the lobby. The master bedroom balcony had a huge fence right in front of it as it was the beginning of the walkway to GF. The staff was really nice and changed us to a room overlooking the monorail, Poly, and a bit of the lake. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Enjoy. Please take pictures. I hope to get a dedicated 2 bedroom for next September for 8 nights but have to wait for February to call.

Thanks for the parking lot pictures! That was going to be a major issue for us if there wasn't parking nearby.

We love the view from our 6th floor standard view studio. We overlook 5he fountain and pool. I will post pictures of the view and the drawers out once I get on a computer. We were checking in early enough today that we were asked which floor we wanted with a choice of 4, 5, or 6. We also find the lack of a freezer in the studio a strange choice. The room itself is very luxurious however.

I don't know if the drawers were supposed to be under the bed originally. I think the bed is open underneath in the model. We noticed when we did our tour that there were no storage options, and pointed it out to our tour guide, who told us we were to store our luggage under our bed like they do on the cruise ships.

Anticipating issues with squeezing 5 of us into a studio, I bought collapsible closet organizers at BB&B so I could unpack our clothes. It's not the most ideal situation, but I'm willing to make due to stay at the Grand. :)

I was thinking the same thing. We have some closet organizers and we use LL bean duffles mainly wonder why no freezer too?

Oh if I recall don't the new fridges in all the disney rooms have no freeZer either and this was the issue so maybe that's why?

Here is a picture of the drawers under the bed pulled out as far as possible for each of them.

There is now no way to store suitcases under the bed so if you plan on using the closet the only place I see for suitcases is the small alcove near the connecting door. We were only staying for 1 night so we just took the suitcase stand out of the closet and used that for our suitcase in that alcove. There is also very little space for toiletries. I think the room will comfortably sleep 5 with space for everyone to move around but storage will be an issue. I would hate to have to find a place for a weeks worth of luggage and clothing as well as toiletries for a family of 5 especially if someone needed a stroller as well. The 2 toiletry kits that DH and I use barely fit on the bathroom sink and only fit there because I moved around the items they have out on the sink.

Rebecca

One more thing- the couch is comfortable to sit on- a first for a DVC room for me. Now it is only DH and I so we did not even fold out the bed to check for comfort there but you can sit on it. Also the bottom drawer in the bedside table is open so that can also be used for storage.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I'm curious if anyone after a few stays will mention the drawer issue with Disney. Is there any space for hanging items like toiletry kits on doors? Or a hanging rack like a Other resorts for backpacks?

Just wanted to say thanks for all the pics and info that y'all are providing! I hate to hear about the storage issues and I'll have to keep it in mind for our trip in June since there will be four of us, but hopefully Disney will get it fixed as soon as possible!

Looks like we will need to bring the over the doer shoe holder for toiletries and sweater holder for the closet to make up storage. Thanks for the information. Keep it coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter