Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

great report!...

Hi there! Thanks!! Welcome!

Hey Jennifer!! I just found your TR and I'm all caught up! The ship looks absolutely beautiful!!! We actually just booked a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for May 19, 2012! I cannot WAIT!! I've been spending lots of time on the DCL part of the DIS lately trying to learn as much as possible! So I'm really enjoying your TR!!! :goodvibes

HELLO Missy!!!!!! Glad you are here!!! I was wondering if you ever decided to do a TR!!!??? I am looking forward to the 7 day cruise over Thanksgiving, I am sure the Fantasy will be as beautiful as the Dream!!! How much fun! You will have lots to discover over time! I will try to share as much as I can, and when we get back from the summer cruise that will have more kid info!!! :thumbsup2 I just ordered my FE from Stitches and Bows!... LOL!

subbing, so I can get caught up at some point!

Hey There! Glad you made it over... ;)

I just got done reading your TR so far, wow, I am joinin in for sure!! Great report.

I was so excited to read it, first we are going to BLT for the 1st time as new DVC owners in 37 days and in August we are going on the Dream. When we cruise this summer we will be at Kidani for 4 nights and then 3 nights on the Dream. This will be our 2nd DCL.

I loved what you had to say about capacity, that makes so much sense. Also, regarding crowds, that what I expected. It depends on where you are and at what time. I found that with our last cruise.

Envious that it was just DHubby and you, but then again we will be with our 3 DSs who are all old enough to be on their own.

We are also going to be staying inside staterooms. Thanks again. Can not wait for the rest of your report.

:love::cloud9::love::cloud9:

Oh you will have a great time at BLT AND on your cruise! We did a 3 night cruise last February. The inside stateroom is fun. I have some great porthole photos to share! Congrats on the DVC!!! :goodvibes
Welcome!!!!

GREAT report!!! We are sailing May 26!!!

YAY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! :yay: Coming up quick!

Still getting caught up. I need a vacation to get caught up form vacation. Next week. I have only a snow day make-up on Monday. After that, I am free! I can DIS and DIS and DIS. :goodvibes

I want to visit a ship one day - just to look at the actual size of the rooms. ;)

After we were cleaned up we went to the Vista café on deck 4 and grabbed these fabulous frozen Lattes – blended with ice cream OMG. We explored the kids area and some more of the ship. I didn't take photos of the kids areas. I didn't because our kids were not there, and I didn't want them to think I was taking pictures of kids! But I saw many children having a great time, and we could peek in to see the different areas. MAN. I wish I were 6 or 9!!!! LOL!!!! :)

Here is a shot from deck 4 off the side where we were docked...

DisneyCruise2011088.jpg

This is the "detective agency" station. There is the interactive mystery game you can play on board. Like a scavenger hunt basically, for clues. They go with the interactive paintings/art they have in each stairwell... some are associated with the game but I don't think all are... we will do this in June, but I saw lots of families participating... It reminds me of KP missions in Epcot, without the slushie... LOL!!!! ;) I didn't explore too much, but I did grab one of the info programs that they have at the detective desk, here is a few photos of that...

DisneyCruise2011326.jpg

DisneyCruise2011327.jpg

The game looks like great fun... here is the "desk"

DisneyCruise2011089.jpg

So of the details I saw around the 4th floor deck, these are just a random few... I took more this evening later, as we were waiting to go into the theater.

DisneyCruise2011090.jpg

Hidden Mickeys!!!!

DisneyCruise2011091.jpg

DisneyCruise2011092.jpg

Now Cabanas was closed from lunch until dinner time, but during the day, if you wanted to use the Aft elevators, you essentially went into Cabanas to do so. Even thought the restuarant was closed. So it was a little strange but we got over it. Here are some of the pictures from the Nemo theme...

DisneyCruise2011097.jpg

DisneyCruise2011096.jpg

Not sure when, I think as we were leaving to go explore that afternoon... but this is one of the LONG LONG hallways!!! HA!

DisneyCruise2011098.jpg

Knowing that dinner was a few hours still, we decided to grab a slice of pizza, and then head to the Meridian bar for a cocktail and some time to read.

The pizza at Luigi's was decent, it was good, I had a slice of veggie, DH something I can’t remember, but there were several choices.

We walked back up top, and I took DH to the area I had been at earlier in the morning, the forward deck area. Isn't the glow pretty at this time of day?!

DisneyCruise2011100.jpg

DisneyCruise2011101.jpg

Back at Meridian... SO nice that bar! Great atmosphere.

DisneyCruise2011094.jpg

Here is that painting of Gustau’s kitchen that I was telling you about! It is really neat.

DisneyCruise2011095.jpg

We sat outside on the deck area of the Meridian Bar for about an hour. Then we went back to our room to change, in anticipation of our 7pm show time. Everything was a little blury for me, in terms of time, because I know that the shops were still closed, and the 5pm show was already in performance.
At some point I remember us going to the Outlook bar, waiting for the show to start at 7… It was "Villians" tonight!!! :thumbsup2

These photos and more coming in the next post!!! TTFN!!!

Drink of the day was FABULOUS! They have non alcoholic and alcoholic choices. A couple bucks less than the standard bar prices..

I noticed the Drink of the Day glass in one of your pictures. Is that a souvenir glass?

The Detective Agency game looks like fun! I hope Jared and I have time to do that. There is so much that I want to see and do, I'm not sure 4 nights is going to be long enough....

That is sort of odd that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the elevators, I bet it can be quite a madhouse in there during dining hours.

Oh Jen...what a gorgeous trip!!! All your wonderful pictures are making me want to go on a cruise more and more!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful and relaxing time!!!

I am really enjoying your TR, can't wait for more and to hear about your June cruise and how the boys like it! We are hoping to see it all in Dec!:santa:(birthday surprises)

It reminds me of KP missions in Epcot, without the slushie... LOL!!!! ;)

I'm really enjoying your trip report and this is hilarious. Good to know I'm not the only one drinking slushies during the Kim Possible missions! Our boys love the Kim Possible missions, so I think they will really enjoy the detective game!

Great updates. The pictures of the ship continue to amaze me. It sounds like you had such a relaxing day in Nassau. The food all sounds lovely. The Meridian bar looks great.

Looking forward to more. Love the porthole in your room. Cool!

I noticed the Drink of the Day glass in one of your pictures. Is that a souvenir glass?

Yes! You have to pay extra for it -- I don't know why I did -- I didn't really need it!!! They keep swapping you "refills" until you stop ordering them! Then it is yours! :laughing:

The Detective Agency game looks like fun! I hope Jared and I have time to do that. There is so much that I want to see and do, I'm not sure 4 nights is going to be long enough....

That is sort of odd that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the elevators, I bet it can be quite a madhouse in there during dining hours.

It was odd, we agreed. The restaurant was empty but it was weird to be going straight through... Well the time it was busy was during lunch and breakfast, but because it is a buffet, I never felt like it was over crowded...

I bet you and Jared can find time! You won't want to be out in the sun the whole time! 3 nights was tough, but we thought 4 was great, and think 5 will be great too. I had time to do what I wanted to do.

Oh Jen...what a gorgeous trip!!! All your wonderful pictures are making me want to go on a cruise more and more!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful and relaxing time!!!

Oh we did. And I am sure you would too! I bet you could get PPhillip to go!!!

What a beautiful ship! I can hardly wait until next year. I can't to hear about the Villians Show.

Erika

It was fun! Cant take many pics of the show, but it was cute. You will very much enjoy it!

I am really enjoying your TR, can't wait for more and to hear about your June cruise and how the boys like it! We are hoping to see it all in Dec!:santa:(birthday surprises)

I am excited to write about June as well! I think we will have a great time.

I'm really enjoying your trip report and this is hilarious. Good to know I'm not the only one drinking slushies during the Kim Possible missions! Our boys love the Kim Possible missions, so I think they will really enjoy the detective game!

Oh no, cannot fathom KP without at least two of those babies! :thumbsup2 The detective game looks like great fun. I agree! :thumbsup2

Great updates. The pictures of the ship continue to amaze me. It sounds like you had such a relaxing day in Nassau. The food all sounds lovely. The Meridian bar looks great.

Looking forward to more. Love the porthole in your room. Cool!

They don't really do it justice! Wait until you see the rest of this evenings photos....

HI EVERYONE!!!! I MUST interrupt this TR to remind all that today is 100 days until our DISNEY summer vacation on the Dream and at Vero Beach!!! I can't wait!!! :beach:

Shortly before the show started, we walked around the midship area on deck 3 – this is where the entrance to the WD Theater is, and all the shops, etc. Here are some of the photos I took while we were waiting to go see the show… The stores were not opened yet, they were open in full force, within the hour. I think they stay closed while you are at port (something about not being able to stay open) and then the were only open during the evenings on all days but the sea day. They were open all day on that day.

DisneyCruise2011103.jpg

DisneyCruise2011104.jpg

DisneyCruise2011105.jpg

DisneyCruise2011106.jpg

DisneyCruise2011107.jpg

DisneyCruise2011108.jpg

DisneyCruise2011109.jpg

DisneyCruise2011123.jpg

DisneyCruise2011124.jpg

So next was the show! “Villains Tonight”

DisneyCruise2011111.jpg

The show was MC’d by Hades and his helpers “pain” and “panic” here is one them…

DisneyCruise2011110.jpg

It was a cute show! They again just did different scenes and stories from Disney "villains" -- it was fun to see, we particularly liked Cruella!

After the show we left the theater and walked straight into the rest of the crowd standing in the foyer of the theater. These were people finished with dinner, and also those leaving the theater so it was a bit of a mad house. The shops were now open, and there were tons of people swarming them… Since we had thirty minutes before dinner, DH and I browsed the shops together… I eyed what I wanted to buy later, and then we headed to dinner. Dinner this evening was in the Enchanted Garden. I took some photos for you.

DisneyCruise2011112.jpg

DisneyCruise2011113.jpg

DisneyCruise2011114.jpg

DisneyCruise2011115.jpg

DisneyCruise2011116.jpg

DisneyCruise2011117.jpg

DisneyCruise2011118.jpg

Dinner at the Enchanted Garden was “okay” – rather it felt a little rushed, it was busy, and the food was not entirely memorable. The appetizers and salads we had were good. My entrée was not that great, but they gave me a replacement, which was much better. DH enjoyed his selections far more than I. We started a bottle of wine, then saved the rest to be sent to Palo’s the next night. What was neat about the Enchanted Garden of course was the atmosphere. It was pretty. We sat in a booth, just the two of us, and I swear, a few times we were laughing and half expecting them to turn into part of an attraction! We felt like we should be spinning through some ride, because they reminded us of the people movers!!!! :laughing: Just like a ride vehicle! NOW I am thinking the next time we go to this restaurant I will order something else, and I am sure the kids will love the changing light -- it is really subtle, and fun to see.

After dinner, we walked out on deck again, then headed back to our cabin. CASTAWAY CAY was coming up!!! We had a cute pig left on our bed. SO adorable!

DisneyCruise2011122.jpg

Here was our door, by the way. We are not DVC owners, but this magnet was on our door -- I am guessing it was left from the previous cruise. We just left it there again after our Cruise.

DisneyCruise2011121.jpg

SO off the sleep we went, and more coming up soon. NEXT STOP, Castaway Cay!!!! :yay:

Still getting caught up. I need a vacation to get caught up form vacation. Next week. I have only a snow day make-up on Monday. After that, I am free! I can DIS and DIS and DIS. :goodvibes

I want to visit a ship one day - just to look at the actual size of the rooms. ;)

Oh I agree MeMom! I am catching up too! YAY! Is that your spring break, then??!! DIS DIS DIS away!!!! :goodvibes It is really big, and the cabins are nice! :thumbsup2

OK, the Meridian Bar and the detective agency game are on my list if I ever do a cruise.

I'm surprised that the stores aren't open in the afternoon. Is that because most people are out on excursions when the ship is docked?

I thought the same thing about the booths in the restaurant looking like ride vehicles! :rotfl:

Castaway Cay... can't wait to hear about it!!!

Frozen lattes blended with ice cream??? The Dream is sounding better and better! :laughing:

Connor would be ALL about that detective game! I will be looking forward to reading all about it when you take the boys!

We love Pain and Panic in Hercules -- I bet they were a hoot MCing the show!

The Enchanted Garden is beautiful -- too bad the food was just so-so. You're right -- the booths do look like they belong in an attraction. :laughing:

OK, the Meridian Bar and the detective agency game are on my list if I ever do a cruise.

I'm surprised that the stores aren't open in the afternoon. Is that because most people are out on excursions when the ship is docked?

I thought the same thing about the booths in the restaurant looking like ride vehicles! :rotfl:

Castaway Cay... can't wait to hear about it!!!

The stores are not opened during the day when you are at port, I think, for legal reasons. There is some rule about that. The shops were open all day on our at sea day, but that is b/c there isn't anything else but what is ON the ship, so it makes sense to give people time. I will say that they didn't sell out of purses or anything like that. Far from it.

And yes. They were not Doom buggies, but Garden carts. :laughing:

Frozen lattes blended with ice cream??? The Dream is sounding better and better! :laughing:

Connor would be ALL about that detective game! I will be looking forward to reading all about it when you take the boys!

We love Pain and Panic in Hercules -- I bet they were a hoot MCing the show!

The Enchanted Garden is beautiful -- too bad the food was just so-so. You're right -- the booths do look like they belong in an attraction. :laughing:

Oh they were REALLY good... :goodvibes

Connor would definitely love that game! It was cute! I am looking forward to trying it as well. I will give you a full report!!

Hades, the cm who played him, was hysterical! VERY good comic timing and it was great fun.

The food wasn't terrible... it was good, but after Palo's I am sure I was expecting more!! :laughing: Though I will say the Royal Palace was great. I am looking forward to trying Animator's Palace as well.

Are the shops duty free? (I'm pretty sure they are) If so, that is why they can't be open in port.

I'd say that those booths look like they could start spinning at any time!!!
The restaurant looks beautiful but I'm thinking if we could get Palo this night we might....
(Hey Michelle, do we dare send the boys to dinner alone?:laughing:)

I never thought of it before you mentioned it, but those booths do look like ride vehicles, too funny!! The restaurant looks really beautiful. Do you remembered what you ordered that wasn't very good, I'll be sure to keep that OFF my list :thumbsup2

(Hey Michelle, do we dare send the boys to dinner alone?:laughing:)

They could always just grab quick service or eat at Cabanas....... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter