Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it $35 per person or in all? I'll be staying at POR for part of my honeymoon/wedding and would love to do that. I'm enjoying reading your trip report so much. You're just glowing in all the pictures. It's getting me super excited to be going to disneyworld in a week and a half for my planning session. All of your photos are so great!

Oooh I hope all goes well with your planning session!!! The $35 for the Carriage ride is for as many people as can fit in the carraige (4 I believe). It's not $35 per person.

Thank you!!! :)

I just want to say I am loving this thread. I'm still a newbie but I'm already addicted and spend hours on here everyday reading trip reports and tips. But I love reading the honeymoon ones since we are planning our disneymoon for December at POFQ. SO excited. And I'd read about the carriage rides at POR but didn't know if I'd want to do it or not, but after seeing your pictures I KNOW I want to do it, it just looks so romantic!!!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 - "Relaxation Day" - Downtown Disney

Thurdsay morning, we actually got to sleep in! :rotfl: That doesn't happen very often at Disney as I'm sure you know!! Today was our "Relaxation Day". On my agenda (or so I thought) was Downtown Disney, Victoria and Albert's for supper, then watch the Electric Light Parade on the Grand Floridian beach. I was hoping one of the hammocks would be vacant!! :)

hm150.jpg

We had a SUPER GREAT time in DTD!! We bought WAY too much stuff, that's for sure!!! :rotfl:

hm152.jpg

hm151.jpg

I spent HOURS in the Christmas store. The Christmas shop and World of Disney are my FAVORITES!!!!!

hm159.jpg

After a long day of shopping, we decided to top off our good time with a stop by the Ghiradelli Soda Shop. I told Jason when we first booked our Honeymoon that I HAD to go to Ghiradelli and get some ice cream!! It's a tradition for my mom and I every time we go!!

hm153.jpg

I LOVE the tables inside! Ghiradelli is my most favorite type of chocolate!!

hm154.jpg

We decided on a hot fudge sundae. We were going to get a cookie sundae, but they were out of cookies. :confused3

hm156.jpg

Heheheee...

hm157.jpg

I DID let Jason have some, too! :laughing:

hm158.jpg

I was kinda stuffed after eating all that sugar! :rotfl:

We had decided not to eat "lunch" because we were eating a "big" supper that night at V&A's and we didn't want to be too stuffed for supper...so we figured Ice Cream would do just fine!!

Cont.....

Cont....

After we finished eating, we headed back to the bus stop for our resort so we could change for V&A's.

Our Mousekeeper left us another little surprise!!

hm160.jpg

We felt like royalty! :rotfl:

hm161.jpg

hm162.jpg

Our V&A's getup...

hm163.jpg

We took the bus from our resort to the Magic Kingdom. I felt really silly being all dressed up on the bus!! (This is a picture of us on the bus...)

hm168.jpg

After we got to the Magic Kingdom, we hopped the Monorail over to the Grand Floridian!

hm164.jpg

I just love the lobby inside! It's so beautiful!

hm165.jpg

There was no one playing the Grand Piano this time. Instead, they had the band by the restaurant doing their thing!

hm166.jpg

As we arrived to the resturant, we were directed to the check in counter. (We just so happened to be 15 minutes early!!)

hm167.jpg

I told them our names........

and all I got from them were blank stares. :scared1:

"I'm sorry, we don't have you down for dinner at 6:15 p.m."

Today is what day?!

THURSDAY???? :eek: Our reservations are for FRIDAY!!!!!! :scared1:

Can we say EMBARRASED?!?!? I asked the very very nice lady out in the lobby look up what reservation we had for THURSDAY night and she told me that it was for Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom for 7:30 p.m.

I looked at my watch. It was 6:15 p.m. by this time. I knew what we would have to do to get to MK by 7:30 p.m.

Re-Trace our steps.................

Take the Monorail back to the Magic Kingdom, hop a bus back to our resort, RUN LIKE THE WIND to our rooms, change as fast as possible, RUN LIKE THE WIND back to the bus stop, and hop another bus back to the Magic Kingdom.

Is it possible to accomplish all of this in 1 hour and 15 minutes??? I don't know....we'll just have to find out!!

Coming up next....our quest for the Magic Kindgom and Liberty Tree Tavern!!

You made me laugh at the end of a very long day at work. :rotfl: I am sure you made it. Although, you could have gone to LTT in your gown and suit.

Linda

You made me laugh at the end of a very long day at work. :rotfl: I am sure you made it. Although, you could have gone to LTT in your gown and suit.

Linda

:rotfl:

That's what Jason suggested, too....however, I heard that they don't allow people into the parks dressed up in "evening attire". :confused3 I dunno................it sure would have made the whole thing easier, though and MUCH LESS STRESSFUL!! We should have tried it anyway.....:rotfl:

The Liberty Tree Tavern is the MAIN place I was looking forward to eating at for the whole week!!!! I haven't eaten there since I was a little kid, so I definitely wanted to go back and was EXTREMELY excited about going back!!!!

:lmao: oh my gosh!! I can see me and mine doing the same thing!! can't wait to hear what happened next!!!

Michelle:cloud9:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh my gosh!! That is something I would do!!! Once I get a day wrong - I'm messed up for the rest of the week!!!! Great TR! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: That's something I'm always so paranoid about! I print out a list of all of our ADRs and check it obsessively the entire time we're there, but I know one of these days we're still going to show up at the wrong restaurant.

The sad thing about it all is...

I HAD A LIST, TOO!!! A very detailed and precise list....and actually, I carried a 3 ring binder with our agenda, restaurant menus, ADR confirmation numbers, etc. with us the entire week - except I left it in our hotel room when we left for V&A's so I didn't have it with us that night!!!

I am a VERY organized person....I think I just let the days get away with me! Isn't that silly?? :confused3 I actually thought it was Friday instead of Thursday!!

And I had just been thinking the day before about people missing their ADR's. I was talking with a lady from our Resort who had missed their Princess Lunch ADR's in Epcot and I thought..."Gosh I would HATE to miss an ADR like that!"

And then look at what I did.... :rotfl:

Oh well...nothing like a little excitement to spice up your Disney trip! :rotfl2:

I am loving your trip report! Our disneymoon is in October and I am definitely thinking about the carriage ride now! Is that something you booked in advance??

Wow this is too funny. I cant wait to hear what happens! I hope you made it to LTT!

I am loving your trip report! Our disneymoon is in October and I am definitely thinking about the carriage ride now! Is that something you booked in advance??

Yeah you probably would need to make it in advance. I remember seeing his list was pretty full of names of people who had pre-booked the ride.

The number to call is 1-407-WDW-PLAY. They'll help you out there a lot!! :)

Thursday, April 12, 2007 - Continued

The Quest for Liberty Tree Tavern...

Ok so like I said before, I knew what we had to do!!

Take the Monorail from the Grand Floridian back to the Magic Kingdom, hop a bus back to our resort, RUN LIKE THE WIND to our rooms, change as fast as possible, RUN LIKE THE WIND back to the bus stop, and hop another bus back to the Magic Kingdom - all this in 1 hour and 15 minutes!!!

So by the time we made it to the bus station at Magic Kingdom, we didn't have to wait too too long in line. I remember constantly asking Jason, "WHAT TIME IS IT?" :laughing: I was so mad at myself and nervous thinking we wouldn't make it back in time to our ADR's!!!

When we arrived at the Resort, Jason and I RAN off the bus (in our formal wear) and RAN back to our room to change ... what a sight!! :rotfl2: THANK GOODNESS that our room wasn't too far from the bus stop! We would have been in serious trouble if it were!!!

As we returned to the bus stop, a little family was sitting on the benches waiting on the EPCOT bus. They looked at us and said, "Weren't you the ones who just got off that bus all dressed up?" :rotfl: When we said yes, they said, "Well my goodness y'all changed fast!!" :rotfl2:

We told them the story of what happened and they said that quite a few MK busses had been back and forth through the bus stop since they had been waiting so it shouldn't be long before we saw a bus. They were right!! In no time, an MK bus was pulling up to our stop!!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom at SEVEN TWENTY!!! And as we hurried (ran) almost ... lol to the Liberty Tree Tavern, we made it with FIVE MINUTES TO SPARE!!!! :dance3:

THANK GOD!! I felt like I could finally breathe again...hehe!

hm169.jpg

:tink: Here once again, they had a special table ready for us complete with Mickey Mouse Confetti shaped into a heart!!

hm170.jpg

Jason and I loved the atmosphere and the food here! They started you off with a few rolls and a salad. This is definitely a place I would eat at again!!

hm171.jpg

Our food included Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, Dressing, and Gravy.......so good!!!

hm172.jpg

We had apple pie for dessert. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture!

hm173.jpg

The characters were very cool, too!!

hm174.jpg

It had been nice all week....at each restaurant, the people sitting at the table next to us would offer to take our picture together with the characters!

hm175.jpg

hm176.jpg

Dale came by twice.....we didnt' realize it until after he signed the autograph book twice!! I guess the people inside the costumes changed and he started his rounds again.

hm177.jpg

Out of all the characters that we saw, Goofy was the funniest!! :)

hm178.jpg

Cont.....

....Cont.

We finished eating and decided to tour Toon Town. I figured it would be less crowded since it was later on in the night! I was right!!

hm179.jpg

Minnie's house was cute!!

hm180.jpg

I wish this one wouldn't have come out so blurry!

hm181.jpg

We also made a round through Mickey's House

hm182.jpg

...and the Judge's Tent to see Mickey

hm183.jpg

((Those pics are on my photo pass CD that I don't have yet!))

It didn't take long at ALL to see Mickey. I was wondering why the line was moving so fast and that's when I realized that there is more than one room in the back.....smart Disney...:laughing:

After we finished in Toon Town, we headed to Fantasyland. By this time it was 10 p.m. and the lines REALLY weren't long AT ALL!

We walked right on to Small World...

hm184.jpg

hm185.jpg

hm186.jpg

hm188.jpg

We also got to see Pooh's Playful Spot, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mickey's Philharmagic, and Small World ... and that was all within one hour! :)

We also watched the fireworks again ... except we were inside of the que line for Peter Pan so we still didn't get the "right" viewing spot but I wasn't worried...I knew that would come later.

Then we called it a night! The combination of everything that day absolutely exhausted us both!!

Next: Friday - Epcot and V&A's (the right day)...LOL!

Karen, Ive been out of the loop this past week but am joining back in!! I must say this has been a very entertaining TR. Im glad you made it to LTT in time-- and the food in that photo looked so delicious!! It literally made my not hungry stomach feel very hungry. And apple pie- yum!! You guys look so good in your photos!!

Haha- I like how Jason seems so happy in the 'its a small world' photo-- where as my DH would be putting the fake gun to his head (we kinda have to skip that one every couple trips-- hes not so fond of it). I must admit-- its just not disney without 'its a small world' though!!

I cant wait to hear about your actual experience at V&A's the next day. Cant wait for more :):woohoo:

:woohoo: You guys made it to LTT! I can just imagine you two running in your dressy clothes :laughing: ...good thing you made it on time. :)

:lmao: you two did so good with all that running, you should consider that Marathon Disney has! :lmao: :lmao:

sounds AND looks like you had an absolute blast - so glad you made LTT , we loved the character interaction there!

Michelle:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter