DoubleTree Castle Hotel?

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed here before? We are arriving earlier than we had planned and need a hotel just for the night--we will be checking into HRH for 2 nights the following morning. We got the room for $40.00 from Hotwire.com

It looks kind of gaudy--it's only for 1 night--can't be too bad, right??

Thanks!

We saw this hotel on International Dr,it is a large Pink Castle shaped hotel,not too far from Sea World and WDW[to get to wdw go southwest on International Dr. to S R 536 it takes you straight into WDW on Epcot Rd!! This is a very unbusy road even at peek times]

My Dd said, Why aren't we staying there?? It looks nicer than All Stars![cheaper than the $104.I was paying for A S,too!]

http://www.icfar.com/hotelbrochure.asp?ahotelid=10228731

We are just staying the night and then on to our stay at HRH the next morning--we just couldn't see paying HRH rates for a bed to sleep in! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a scary place!! We probably will be checking in at midnight!

I read somewhere that a millionaire builder built this "castle" looking hotel for his daughter in Orlando because she wanted a castle to play in. It is owned by Doubletree which is a very upscale chain. Look on the doubletree website for more details.

My parents and i stayed here this past March!
We enjoyed it very much. In fact we are staying here again in March of 02! the actual entrance is on Universal Blvd. The atmosphere is awesome,especially if you love the reniassance theme. Each room has music piped in and you can control which station out of 5 you want to listen to. We usually had on the station that would play the theme to Camelot on it that's the one that is playing in the lobby as well. After every 4-5 songs it would have birds singing , what a great way to wake up to in the morning hearing the birds sing.!!!!!!!!!!
The 1st morning I thought there were birds in the room as I didn't realize it was part of the music playing.

there is a gift shop and game room out near the pool, which is round with a fountain in the middle reminds me of the Dolphin on the Dolphin hotel at WDW. Restaurant on the I-drive side on the expensive side but lots of shops a nd restaurants near by the Mercado is 2 blks one way and the Ponte Orlando is approximatley a mile the other way.

walking distance to both. Too bad your only there 1 night.

Breakfast is served in lobby restaurant every am. Choices are limited price is $6.95 or 7.95 if I remember correctly

Hope this helps!!!!

Also if you go up to the 9th floor on a clear night you can watch the fireworks from the roof. When you get off the elevator turn right and go to the door at the end go outside a terrace area go to the right again. you should be looking out at I-drive looking towards your left WDW is out in the Distance depending on what time the Fireworks are you will be able to see them. Also if you go there in the daytime you can make out the TOT, Earfel Tower, Cinderella's castle the Contemporary hotel and If I rememember correctly spaceship earth I took pictures up there during the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter