"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya, I just pulled up the national news... Who is getting hit by the snowmaker today? Ya'll ready for it? *hope*

I gotta get out in the car this afternoon, and we still have a bit of snow and ice. Nothing like what you guys have, but I still dread it.

*wave*
Catch you guys later.

Brandie

We're getting the precursor of it today....a snowstorm this evening but then we're supposed to get hit hard overnight on Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Heya, I just pulled up the national news... Who is getting hit by the snowmaker today? Ya'll ready for it? *hope*

I gotta get out in the car this afternoon, and we still have a bit of snow and ice. Nothing like what you guys have, but I still dread it.

*wave*
Catch you guys later.

Brandie

We're getting the precursor of it today....a snowstorm this evening but then we're supposed to get hit hard overnight on Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Our "precursor" storm just started about 30 minutes ago (I got home JUST before it satrted:woohoo: ). We are supposed to ahev a Daisy Gorl Scout meetin gfrom 4:30 to 5:30 today. I called my co leader who is working in Concrd right now and asked her to let me know what the roads are like when she starts driving on them at 2:00. If they are slick I am canceling.

And now 2 1/2 hours later with four inches of snow on the ground (hmm they origianlly said only 1-3" here from this storm), no let up in sight and SLICK roads Daisies has been cancelled and the hot cocoa is OUT:) Okay everyone STAY SAFE out there tonight.

And now 2 1/2 hours later with four inches of snow on the ground (hmm they origianlly said only 1-3" here from this storm), no let up in sight and SLICK roads Daisies has been cancelled and the hot cocoa is OUT:) Okay everyone STAY SAFE out there tonight.

Have you given some thought to making peppermint bark? I bought some from the Whole Foods the other day and it left me unimpressed... teeny tiny peppermint pieces. I might have to melt the pieces and redo it myself! *grin*

Ok, I've given some thought to a new login, because I've grown out of the goth/emogirl name "LadyShiva" I've had since my high school days. I'm going to go see if Fizzgig is available and if so, I'm grabbing it. So if I come back and the same signature is there with someone else's name :rotfl: , that's me.

Our storm moves in in a few hours. It was blue shiny skies and mild for lunch with hubby, so that means it will be quite a storm tonight. :rotfl:

Keep safe, peoples! *wave*

Brandie

Oh yes we haev made peppermint bark a few times. But we all liek salty/sweet combos so we prefer to do the dipped pretzle rods and then roll htem in the crushed candy canes.
Tonight we are having homemade pretzles and Le Celliar's cheese soup (Thanks Chris;) ) with salad. Good things for a cold, snowy day (though we keep the house so darn cold I have to heat the oven to 200 and then turn it off and put the pretzle dough and a bowl of hot water in there to get the dough to rise:lmao: )

So Fezzig may be your new name? Do you really mean it? Does anyone want a peanut? Oh wait no you're allergic:lmao: I love it:laughing:

we just started a new candy cane hot choc. at work. it has a mint flavor shot ,hot choc.,whip cream and peppermint bark sprinkled on top. it's one of the better sellers that they have come up with.

Deb,
Do you work at a coffee shop? I am nearly positive you have said before and I have forgotten (sorry). Either way the minty hot chocolate concoction sounds yummy:santa:

I understand Cleveland is getting it, but down here in Columbus, nadda. We had cold rain last night and briefly this morning, but it's clear of precip now (although dreadfully gloomy). However, they are saying Saturday and Sunday we will have a winter snow storm. I'm okay with that because I have a four-day weekend and don't need to go anywhere. :woohoo: I have Christmas crafts to finish making, so a good snowstorm and hot cocoa will keep me focused, focused, focused! :laughing:

I know we have a few from the Kansas City area out there. Did you guys get the ice storms earlier this week? My brother lives there, and I haven't heard back to know if they got hit or not.

Speaking of DB....I have a story to share. I shipped out their Christmas presents last week, and they arrived on Monday. :santa: Apparently DB and DSIL decided the 5 kiddos could open them when they arrived. For my oldest niece, I purchased the new Julie American Girl doll. I asked DB and DSIL which she would like most, and they said she hadn't really pointed one in particular out. Well, unbeknownst to all of us, she did have one in mind.

The day after I ordered Julie, DN9 was watching Oprah on the show that Miley Cyrus was guest appearing as well as the show that had a segment on American Girl dolls. They featured Julie during the show, and DN said "Man....she sure is nice. I like her most." :goodvibes (Points for Aunt Kimberly!!!!) So when she opened her up on Monday, DSIL said she was flapping her arms with excitement and probably only a dog could hear her voice of excitement because she was on such a high with her mouth wide open. She then asked "Can I scream?" :lmao: DSIL said that they are still all hard of hearing.

That just made my day! :sunny: She's such a kind-hearted and grateful young lady.

Stay safe and warm everyone!! :grouphug:

we just started a new candy cane hot choc. at work. it has a mint flavor shot ,hot choc.,whip cream and peppermint bark sprinkled on top. it's one of the better sellers that they have come up with.

ohhhhhhh yummmmmmmmmmmm

*wave* Heya! I'm back, minus a decent post count, but hey, no more emogirl/goth chick name!

That hot cocoa sounds wonderful!

Brandie

*wave* Heya! I'm back, minus a decent post count, but hey, no more emogirl/goth chick name!

Brandie

:lmao:

I could totally go for hot cocoa. We got some at Starbucks last week that was on overstock and would you believe we have been so busy that we have not had a single taste? That's blasphemy in this household! Thou shalt not ignore your Starbucks cocoa!

Brandie

I swear there was no peppermint schnaaps in my cocoa (nor any other alcohol) but I still totally missread what your new moniker would be. Sorry for that. Glad to see you were able to get what you wanted:thumbsup2

:lmao:

I could totally go for hot cocoa. We got some at Starbucks last week that was on overstock and would you believe we have been so busy that we have not had a single taste? That's blasphemy in this household! Thou shalt not ignore your Starbucks cocoa!

Erica--good to see you. How is the writing going?

Deb,
Do you work at a coffee shop? I am nearly positive you have said before and I have forgotten (sorry). Either way the minty hot chocolate concoction sounds yummy:santa:

yeah i work at tim horton's very popular in canada. for some people they seem almost addicted.

yeah i work at tim horton's very popular in canada. for some people they seem almost addicted.

NOW I remember. We DID talk about this before. I love timbits and miss them (we had Tim Hortons in Detroit but not here in New Hampshire). I would never be able to work there because I would munch all day long:lmao:

Tim's is quite popular here in Columbus, too. They became more prevalent here when Wendy's established a joint venture with Tim's about 8 years ago. Wendy's world headquarters is here (actually it's almost literally across the street from my home). Their coffee is very popular (I'll take a double-double, please), and I'm with Hadley on the Timbits!! Their breakfast sandwiches are awesome, too! Don't know how you do it, Deb!! There's a Tim Horton's right around the corner from me....I think you sold me on a hot cocoa purchase!

Hi Everyone

We are back from a GREAT trip to BCV, weather was good, crowds were perfect, MVMCP was a blast, we had a HUGE photpass blooper and I am really upset over the pictures that were not transferred to our card but I learned a bunch of lessons for next time. Christmas time is great but I have to say I forgot often it was December, it was TOO warm for us Pennsylvanians ;)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT holiday season, I "think" we are supposed to get hit with some snow, but no weather channel is giving any definites yet, they all just keep saying we are getting snow, havent heard of any totals.

Hola all!

man its getting hard to keep up right now with all the holiday comotion. But I did want to pop in and say Hi hope all is well. I skimmed through the post.. something about, pepermint cocoa, starbucks, chocolate bark, soup and pretzels... you know I caught the GOOD STUFF :rotfl:

Wrapping up the last of the gifts this weekend and then starting my baking also.. but I cant do that much cuz Ill be the one eatting it all if so.. I swear I have no self control!popcorn::

These last few days are killing E and I before we get to spill the beans to the boys about the cruise. :rolleyes1 We have planned a scavenger hunt (thanks to ASHMAN look him up his TR is awesome!) for the boys on xmas eve (we have to leave early to head to LA on Xmas day so no time for it then. Plus they will be wanting to ride there new bikes im sure then (SHHH LOL) Im starting a blog about it... so once the holidays are over Ill share.

Well all I will be sure to get on again after the holidays but incase I get swamped again.. Have a great holiday yall and a very Happy New Year! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter