"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadley, that's awesome! How great to live in such an open-minded state! I guess I can't knock Florida too much though.....we do have WDW.....I just can't see it ever happening here. Too many blue-hairs get their knickers in a twist down here where we say y'all all the time ;)

And speaking of traditions, Lionel and I started our own when we got married, which is open our stockings on Christmas eve while drinking cocoa and watching Christmas movies. Then we do the presents in the morning, and go to visit the rest of the family. We plan to keep it up when we have kids.

And, I feel so far behind! I didn't even know about the new Caribbean iteneraries.....I'm a bad DISer...... :eek:
Might have to book one of those soon. Better see if we can scrounge up a deposit.

I try to read a little bit on this thread, but mostly I post on my May 08 cruise thread....we're on page 2530.....we tend to get a little chatty at times. If I tried to do three threads at the same time, for each of the cruises that I'm booked on, I would get very confused. So I lurk on here from time to time and will jump in full guns after my May cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

:cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

We'll wait for you, I promise! ;) One condition...you and the hubby need to keep us posted on your cruises though!

We'll wait for you, I promise! ;) One condition...you and the hubby need to keep us posted on your cruises though!

Hi Kimberly....you got it girl! We just got off a four night Halloween cruise with the grown kids and teen grandkids....Atlantis was awesome! We took hotel rooms so we could all get on the property. It was so worth it!

That was the best part of the trip.....the DSIL was the worst part of the trip, can't do much about that! The DGSons were the shocking part of the trip....we watched someone running down the ship with his shirt off and his pants falling down and then we realized that he belonged to us!!!!!!!

I'll post some pics of Atlantis for you all!

halloweencruise07058.jpg

halloweencruise07094.jpg

halloweencruise07092.jpg

halloweencruise07091.jpg

halloweencruise07097.jpg

Mickey all decked out in his halloween costume:

cruisinanddising016.jpg

Here's a pic of all of us together:

scan0015.jpg

Fortunately, on this cruise it will just be me and DH and we're cruising with some friends that were our dinnermates and now are good friends from our first cruise in 2001. This will be our 3rd cruise with them.

Good day everyone. We have decided to go visit family for the holiday. Right now the weather is a mess it snowed yesterday and it is supposed to ice for the next few days.

Is there anyone else going to be at WDW before this Cruise? Janet and I have added the 20th to the 26th. On the 26th we are going back to the Airport and will stay the night with my sister and her girls at the Hyatt. My main reason is I can get to the port faster that way. I am having such a hard time waiting for this vacation.

Well got to get busy. Lois

We are leaving in 1 week :-)banana: ) for a Celebrity cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Then on the 23rd we are heading for WDW for 4 nights at VWL.

We are so excited to do this. Last year our cruise was canceled and this is the replacement cruise (can you say FREE CRUISE!!!!). We did a shorter Celebrity last year and enjoyed it very much. But boy I hate that extra drive down to Ft Lauderdale. DCL port is much easier. But when we go down to S FL I get to see my old friends, so that makes it more fun.:santa:

We snagged a reservation for Hoop De Doo for 12/26 cat 1. Can you believe that?????:banana:

Muushka!

:cool1: There's a woot-off going on! :cool1:

See you there!
Brandie

Muushka!

See you there!
Brandie

so please explain??? "woot-off" :teacher: :confused3 :confused3

I see on your signature that you are getting off the Magic in may on the same day we board for the repo cruise. Have to way to you as we race for the parking lot.

*chuckle* Here's is a W00t explanation page: http://w00t.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx Be careful, that place is addictive!

You're going to be smiling while I'll be crying, you lucky dog! *grin* Thank goodness for this cruise, but I'm even finding it hard to wait until May. :rotfl:

Ok, I need to go back to watching horrible things at low low prices... :rotfl:

Brandie

Brandie--AAARRRRGGGGHHH--I do NOT have time for another internet site, nor do I have $$ not earmarked for travel. So what do you do???? Show me the woot site:lmao:

Lois--Our family will be at WDW the week prior to the cruise as will Erik and Jason. Chris and Rob keep waffleing:rotfl: Anyway (or wanywoot?) at least some of us will be there. I know there were others also, but I can't remember who off hand (but I would bet long odds that Kimberly kept a list:rotfl2: )

TIMES SQUARE anyone??? IF anyone happens to be going there before Christmas and feels really nice and wants to duck in the Helen Hayes theatre and snag a copy of the XANADU soundtrack for Santa and send it my way I would be so grateful (yep, I know this is such a long shot, but hey I KNOW the theatre has them--or did when we saw the show in August--and ebay and amazon.com do not, so here I am clutching at straws). Rio sent a second letter to Santa when he realized he left this off his list (he adored Xanadu).

Muushka!

See you there!
Brandie

That was my first Woot-off! But I don't need one of those because I bought the BROWN ZUNE! And the other day they had the Altec-Lansing thingy to go with the new poop-Zune, and that was my first Woot purchase.

I just love reading the story of what is on sale at that site.
Heck, I just love the internet!

Thanks for the head's up!

Brandie--AAARRRRGGGGHHH--I do NOT have time for another internet site, nor do I have $$ not earmarked for travel. So what do you do???? Show me the woot site:lmao:

Hey, you're lucky in that they haven't had any good things this time. All I've bought are 2 packs of two water detectors in a frog shape.

:rotfl:

I can just imagine the glare I'm getting right now!!! :rotfl2:

:duck:

*running away again*
Brandie

That was my first Woot-off! But I don't need one of those because I bought the BROWN ZUNE! And the other day they had the Altec-Lansing thingy to go with the new poop-Zune, and that was my first Woot purchase.

I just love reading the story of what is on sale at that site.
Heck, I just love the internet!

Thanks for the head's up!

My pleasure... Because you said "was" up there, you know it's still going on, right? It's not improving in quality, but hope springs eternal for a Bandolier of Carrots! :rotfl:

Brandie

Hey, Shel (Stargater)..... how did the team competion marathon go last month? I hesitate to say it was "cheerleading" as I think it has another offical name. :confused3

.....Lois--Our family will be at WDW the week prior to the cruise as will Erik and Jason. Chris and Rob keep waffleing:rotfl: Anyway (or wanywoot?) at least some of us will be there. I know there were others also, but I can't remember who off hand (but I would bet long odds that Kimberly kept a list:rotfl2: )

:lmao: :lmao: Who MEEEEE?????

Well, of course plans can change for people, but besides adding me to the list you provided, Lisa (Scoutsmom) and Barb and Chuck (Muushka) have commented that they plan to go. I recall some wafflers or those waiting for the right opportunity to be most persuasive ;) like Chris & Rob (Scoobypop) and Drea and DH (anewmac). Those are just based on memory, however.

I looked up our cruise online, and even the cat 4's are now a GTY. Only cat 4,5,6,7 & 9 are showing GTY available.

Anyone have any travel insurance experiences or recommendations they'd like to share with me? I'm on insuremytrip.com and my eyes are starting to cross.

Thanks in advance!
Brandie

Anyone have any travel insurance experiences or recommendations they'd like to share with me? I'm on insuremytrip.com and my eyes are starting to cross.

Thanks in advance!
Brandie

I called a company (name escapes me now, but this is their number 800-228-9792) and got a price that seemed pretty reasonable to me. It was $144 for 2 adults and we are probably going to go with this company. They were recommended on the Cruise Critic boards.

okay here's a dumb question , my dd8 (alex) wants an ipod for christmas. what's the difference between an ipod and a mp3 player other then money.

We have just bought an MP3 player for our DD (11). The major difference for us was the money. I told DD that she wasn't getting an Ipod as it cost too much ($100 more than the MP3 that we got, and that wasn't one of the cheapest ones). It helped that DDs best friend is getting a similar MP3 for her birthday. IPODs seem to have a lot more accessories but only play music/videos/pictures. Some MP3 players have a FM receiver, voice recorder and some other features.

But like I said the main reason for the MP3 was money.

I'm sure someone else will have more technical knowledge though.

Tania

Hey All

Just an FYI I was on the QVC website today looking at jewelry & there are quite a few "Hidden Mickey" things on there. There is a really pretty Diamonique 3stone necklace for $70-$80. I wasn't paying attention to what it said about it, I just thought to myself that it looked like a hidden Mickey and to my surprise when I looked at the description it actually says Hidden Mickey. Very Pretty.

Hey Lois here. I was just watching the weather and they are expecting up to 1" of ICE in the next 24 hours. I don't really like snow but I hate ICE. We could use a little pixie dust that we don't lose power. Last time we lost power it was 8 days before we got it back. Not fun. Lois

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter