Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty funny. We celebrate our 20th in December. I wanted to do an adults only trip this January, but he vetoed it. He doesn't think it's fair to go without the kids. Gotta love him.

My dh didn't get to experience Disney until he was nearly 31 years old. His parents went a few times when we were in high school and left him home. So you see why he wants to take the kids with us. He enjoyed the first trip, but really didn't "get it" until our second trip in when he he'd just turned 40.

I was lucky in that my Great-grandma lived right near Disneyland. My parents ended up taking me there for my first birthday so I have been a Disney gal from almost the beginning. I love my 55th bag because it reminds me of the trips we took when I was a little girl. I haven't been back since I was 6 and really would love to get back to the original....someday.

That's ironic, we wanted to go by ourselves this Jan. since we had our honeymoon there, but neither one of us thought we could leave the boys home since we take them every two years and they are so looking forward to it. Instead we went to Disneyland for 4 days instead the end of Sept. alone since we have never taken them there, and are planning on doing next summer a big west driving trip to Colorado, yellowstone, Yosemite, and then drive down the coast of CA to include Disneyland. Not sure yet what we will hit on our way back.
my husband went as a kid to Disneyland, and was in college before getting to Disneyworld. My parents never took us anywhere, so after graduating from nursing school I got two friends to go to Disneyworld. I was in love with it before i even got there, and was not disappointed. It has been a part of my life and my families ever since:love:

Does anyone have a Lucy bag? I was at Disney World in September and fully planned on buying a medium tote, but when I saw the bag in person, I wasn't absolutely positive that was what I want. The size was right, I just wasn't sure about a tote.

I've since looked at Disneyshopping and saw the Lucy bag, which I think might be more the style I want. Can anyone tell me what can fit comfortably inside? I usually carry a hobo style bag and that's the perfect size for me. I need it to fit my Sketch wristlet, my phone, and a coupon organizer.

Thanks!

I had two Disney sightings in one day this weekend. I saw a Wonder barrel bag at Jaemor Farms and a black balloon satchel in Dahlonega, GA. Very exciting! I love seeing them out when I least expect it! :banana:

Liza
Lots of pixie dust for you to find the perfect comic print. Make sure to leave some 40th stuff for me to buy. Have a great trip and a Happy Birthday.

Hi Shari.. Thank you for the pixie dust. I already have a 40th bucket bag, messenger, and the wristlet. If I find the perfect placement on a wallet I might get that. What bag are you looking for? Any particular placement? I'll keep an eye out for you. :goodvibes

Mine spoils me pretty well. He did spend some serious change to suprise me with Mickey pearl earrings on our last trip. However, he just doesn't "get" my purse thing.....he says "it's just a purse".

MEN!

;)
My husband is the same! He even bought me the Mickey pearl earrings for Christmas one year (however, our DD was a CM at the time, so she used her CM discount to get them, and he then reimbursed her). But even though he just doesn't get the purse thing, he did say I could get one on our next trip as an anniversary gift. We leave on Thursday!! Can't wait! :banana:

Liza I am looking for the tote the placement on yours is perfect. I am very excited to start the hunt I just hope it doesn't take the whole trip the family might kill me. My daughter who will turn 24 while we are there is trying to decide which one to get for her birthday.

My husband is the same! He even bought me the Mickey pearl earrings for Christmas one year (however, our DD was a CM at the time, so she used her CM discount to get them, and he then reimbursed her). But even though he just doesn't get the purse thing, he did say I could get one on our next trip as an anniversary gift. We leave on Thursday!! Can't wait! :banana:

:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

That's ironic, we wanted to go by ourselves this Jan. since we had our honeymoon there, but neither one of us thought we could leave the boys home since we take them every two years and they are so looking forward to it. Instead we went to Disneyland for 4 days instead the end of Sept. alone since we have never taken them there, and are planning on doing next summer a big west driving trip to Colorado, yellowstone, Yosemite, and then drive down the coast of CA to include Disneyland. Not sure yet what we will hit on our way back.
my husband went as a kid to Disneyland, and was in college before getting to Disneyworld. My parents never took us anywhere, so after graduating from nursing school I got two friends to go to Disneyworld. I was in love with it before i even got there, and was not disappointed. It has been a part of my life and my families ever since:love:

Sorry to move OT, but we're planning a similar trip for next summer and I'm a nurse too :). Ok, back to the regularly scheduled thread

I think spacemountainmom and I left the thread long before you did. It is fun seeing similarities and making some connections.:thumbsup2

We didn't leave the thread....we added to it. We talked about our purses and our love for Disney. Ok, maybe we drifted a bit, but we're still in the right neighborhood!

To all of you leaving for a trip soon.........Have a great time!!!

Liza I am looking for the tote the placement on yours is perfect. I am very excited to start the hunt I just hope it doesn't take the whole trip the family might kill me. My daughter who will turn 24 while we are there is trying to decide which one to get for her birthday.

Shari..looking at your ticker you arrive 10/28? I leave 10/29 at 6pm. I'll definitely post if I see a purse with perfect placement then. :wizard: Are you looking for a messenger or a bucket? Can you believe I still don't know which bag to keep? I know I don't need both styles but they are so "perfect"..placement is almost identical on both bags.:cutie:

We didn't leave the thread....we added to it. We talked about our purses and our love for Disney. Ok, maybe we drifted a bit, but we're still in the right neighborhood!

To all of you leaving for a trip soon.........Have a great time!!!

:thumbsup2Thanks, I sure enjoyed our "conversation" Keep me in mind as January approaches!:)

Shari..looking at your ticker you arrive 10/28? I leave 10/29 at 6pm. I'll definitely post if I see a purse with perfect placement then. :wizard: Are you looking for a messenger or a bucket? Can you believe I still don't know which bag to keep? I know I don't need both styles but they are so "perfect"..placement is almost identical on both bags.:cutie:

Yes we arrive the 28th and are going to the Halloween party that night...cause we are crazy! I am thinking the bucket is the best choice for me. I will be watching the boards on my phone on the very long drive from vermont.

Can anyone tell me how long the straps are on the 40th bucket bag? Or are they longer/shorter/the same as the wonder tote? I have the messenger bag but think I'd prefer a bucket tote. :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me how long the straps are on the 40th bucket bag? Or are they longer/shorter/the same as the wonder tote? I have the messenger bag but think I'd prefer a bucket tote. :thumbsup2

They are the same, but the Wonder is a higher purse, so the straps seem longer. :)

My 40th bucket isn't one of my favorites. I should've gotten another Kirsten,as I like that style better. JMHO. ;)

They are the same, but the Wonder is a higher purse, so the straps seem longer. :)

My 40th bucket isn't one of my favorites. I should've gotten another Kirsten,as I like that style better. JMHO. ;)
Thanks for the feedback - I like the Kristen but the straps seem way too short for me to use as a shoulder bag and I like "hands free", otherwise I'd go for that one. I'm hoping they come out with a medium size tote or larger handbag style in the comic print, or even a backpack. I feel like Goldilocks...need my bag to be "just right" :lmao:

I was at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN yesterday and had a Dooney siting. It was a sketch tote. It all happened so fast and by the time I saw it, the woman had her back to me and was too far away for me to say anything. But it sure is exciting to see someone with a Dooney. It's too bad (maybe) that the Disney Stores don't sell Dooneys. DH would have gotten one for me as an early birthday present. Then he wanted me to get a Vera Bradley and I do really, really like Vera, but I'm kind of hooked on using my Dooneys right now.

I have both the wonder tote and the 40th bucket; I love them both dearly, and agree the straps are roughly the same length. The 40th is not as wide, though. I'm super happy with it, but will say that because of the clasp, you can't fit in all that much and make it close, for instance if I have my ipad, wristlet and balloon cosmetic bag in it it won't close; but it fits nicely to my body and I don't mind that. HIH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter