Dont hate me but am I the only one that finds this annoying...

melissarose said:
uh oh. what are the quiet pools actually like? lol my boyfriend and i will be at POR in february and i was hoping that we could stay away from the main pool to avoid all activities and loud fun! lol

All the times i've been there the "quiet pools" were just that. Don't worry! Everyone is getting carried away here!

kris4360 said:
All the times i've been there the "quiet pools" were just that. Don't worry! Everyone is getting carried away here!

Same here. everytime I've been to the the quiet pool its been pretty peaceful.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

My dd is one who has loved the the pool parties, so I like them too. Its a perk that was offered at many resorts outside WDW and Disney finally started offering a few years ago. But I have to agree, sometimes the music is just too loud, and some CMs do scream in the mike.

And definitely " quiet pool" only means there are no CMs playing music and organizing activities, less people and no lifeguards!

I understand that the pool activities that begin at 1:00 EVERY DAY are great and fun for the kids but I kind of found this unnerving after a while! A lot of the resorts have resort specific music that is relaxing and enjoyable until the chaos starts! We were at Wilderness Lodge last week and had to listen to rock music blaring all day with the activities girl screaming into the microphone! Do we really need to be listening to pink floyd and freebird for the kids at the pool! We moved to the beach for some peace and quite but there was no escape. I am sure this is fun for the kids but wouldnt an hour or so be fair for everyone and not the ENTIRE afternoon! Sorry just had to say it!

Quiet Pool? Thinking they usually have no music or at least less games and yelling.

The quiet pools at POR do not have any music or games. There will be a combination of adults and kids, sometimes many kids if the main pool closes for some reason. Check portorleans.org picture gallery for pics of the various quiet pools, there are 2 in Alligator Bayou section and 2 by the Mansions.

:cool1:
I only stay deluxe and have 4 kids. Deluxe is not meant to be an adult only resort. you need to find a new vacation destination if you want to complain about kid activities

I am almost 67 years old and have been to The World many times and to many different pools. I have thoroughly enjoyed the music and games at WL with my 5 yr old grandson, and one time made a plan to be at OKW by myself to enjoy the music and games. It is great family fun!!

The quiet pools at Pop have lifeguards as well as music but it is not very loud or annoying. Most of the time their are not too many people there either. We have been in Sept Oct Nov and Dec. I am sure it probably gets more crowded during peak times though.. That being said after reading this I am now rethinking our request of 60's lake view. We go back in the afternoon for a break how loud is it in the rooms? Does it reach the lake side rooms or just those closest to the pool?

Could not agree more. Way too loud. My three kids ages 2, 4, and 8 were not interested. We were at the boardwalk at Disney world! They were far from bored!
Senseless sensory overload. Really could do without it. Thank God for the quiet pool.

The quiet pools at Pop have lifeguards as well as music but it is not very loud or annoying. Most of the time their are not too many people there either. We have been in Sept Oct Nov and Dec. I am sure it probably gets more crowded during peak times though.. That being said after reading this I am now rethinking our request of 60's lake view. We go back in the afternoon for a break how loud is it in the rooms? Does it reach the lake side rooms or just those closest to the pool?

I think all the pools at value resorts are considered 'feature' pools. At the moderate and deluxe resorts what's being called a 'quiet pool' is a pool that's not a feature pool with a slide, and there aren't any lifeguards at those pools. Pool parties are held at one main pool for each resort, and have additional music besides the regular background resort music and a CM with a mike playing games with kids.

As long as your room at Pop isn't around the Hippy Dippy pool where a pool party is going on, the noise likely won't be heard in your room but I don't have first hand experience.

As long as your room at Pop isn't around the Hippy Dippy pool where a pool party is going on, the noise likely won't be heard in your room but I don't have first hand experience.

Having walked around some of the resorts, and comparing it to places I've stayed, I'd guess that, most places, it's just the rooms right around the pool that have an afternoon noise issue. I have heard, however, that the acoustics in some places onsite mean that isn't always true, and that the pool noise travels, but I don't remember any specifics.

I have heard that most lake view Pop units are pretty quiet, though. :)

I thought the pool parties were fabulous! We could have a cocktail while DS did the party. Total win win. I didn't notice the music being extra loud.

We love them! My kids don't generally participate in them...the like to just watch. But we all love the vibe, the music, etc. Nothing like swimming in the hot sun, listening to some good music!!

I don't know what some people would do if they couldn't complain! What's next - fireworks are too late at night??

Ha! I know, everything warrants a complaint these days, I guess?

We have done the pool parties at Pop, CSR, and AKL. We loved all of them. Adds to the fun vibe. I have EXTREMELY sensitive ears and not once has the noise level been too much for me (I can't listen to music in the car b/c even at it's lowest volume, it hurts my ears...)..

We have BTDT on the parks, so we spend a lot of time at the pool these days. We look forward to the pool parties. I would be sad if they did away with them!

I agree with PP. We LOVED the music and activities around the pool at WL! My kids only participated in the balloon game- as did my husband- but we loved watching! Definitely adds to the fun and is a reason we'd stay on property! The music and parties only lasted a few hours in the afternoon. The CAst Members were awesome with the kids and really made it fun!!

I am in the middle on this. I have a 3 year old who, I'm sure, would love to play games when she is old enough. At most resorts, there are other pools that are not blaring music. However, I don't think Pink Floyd is appropriate music to be blaring at children. I forgot the other band that was mentioned. I also understand that people would like to be able to enjoy the main pool without being bombarded with the loud music and the annoying announcements. We almost never use the pools so I guess I shouldn't be expressing an opinion anyway.

I don't think Pink Floyd is appropriate music to be blaring at children.

Those of us who were born in the 60s pretty much grew up listening to that. Not sure it's more inappropriate than the latest Justin Bieber hit.

We love the parties!! It's one of our favorite things to do at the resort! My kids loooove it!! They are 12 and 9, so we kinda let them play and have a little freedom, while DH and I have a couple cocktails and just relax watching them have a good time! In my experience it's always been Disney channel/movie themed music (think... Disney Radio) and I never have had a problem with it. I can see after a while it may become annoying to those there for a peaceful, relaxing pool day. However, I know at SSR (where we always stay) they have a few quiet pools and another feature pool, so I would think it would be easy enough to get away from the excitement. It's also a big enough resort that I have never heard the music outside of the immediate pool area where the "Party" is. :goodvibes

ITA! We planned a "pool day" in the middle of our stay and had rented a cabana at CR. The kids were enjoying themselves swimming and DH and I were relaxing in the cabana, listening to Bob Marley on the iPod docking station provided. Then the party started. :sad2:
There were maybe 20 people at the pool, about a third were kids. The music did not need to be that loud. I wonder why they put a tv and iPod dock in the cabanas. You can't hear them with the party. :confused:
I got over it. Not a big deal. But the worst part was the woman was practically begging kids to come dance or hula hoop or whatever it was she was doing.They kids were ignoring her and into their own thing. It was both sad and annoying.

MmmmDisney. said:
We love the parties!! It's one of our favorite things to do at the resort! My kids loooove it!! They are 12 and 9, so we kinda let them play and have a little freedom, while DH and I have a couple cocktails and just relax watching them have a good time! In my experience it's always been Disney channel/movie themed music (think... Disney Radio) and I never have had a problem with it. I can see after a while it may become annoying to those there for a peaceful, relaxing pool day. However, I know at SSR (where we always stay) they have a few quiet pools and another feature pool, so I would think it would be easy enough to get away from the excitement. It's also a big enough resort that I have never heard the music outside of the immediate pool area where the "Party" is. :goodvibes

We just got back from a week at the Wilderness Lodge and also enjoyed the pool parties. Our DD's ages 8 and 9 had a blast. We loved watching them dance, play and have fun. For us, it's part of the experience. I agree with a previous poster that most of the music was radio disney, Yes it's loud, and yes there was one annoying CM, but it didn't ruin our time. We had a great time with our girls.

What if adults over ran the main pools at the resorts with oldie music that the younger set didn't enjoy at ear deafening levels or rap music that a lot of older teens seem to like. I'm sure there would be a lot of complaints about the young kids not being able to enjoy the pool/play time.

It's really about moderation. If the pool parties are listed at certain times during the day then people not interested, could arrange their schedules accordingly. Are these parties held daily and for long periods of time? I haven't had the pleasure of attending, lol. I haven't heard the screaming CM's but it sounds awful for others trying to enjoy the pool.

If we did over run the pool area and they were playing rock music, we'd make sure it wasn't too loud.:)
That may be a good idea! Have an adult cocktail party every day ( casual wear) and good music could be played.

Those of us who were born in the 60s pretty much grew up listening to that. Not sure it's more inappropriate than the latest Justin Bieber hit.

Yes to Pink Floyd! I'd rather listen to nails scratching a chalkboard than listen to Bieber or Cyrus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter