• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers Team Challenge

Thanks Mike! It has been a lot of fun this past year. I know that thanks to the encouragement and motivation that I was able to receive here on WISH, I was personally able to achieve a new level of intensity in the gym and for all of my workouts. A level that I never have had in all of the time I had been training. I thank you all for that.

I will be gathering everyone's posts and getting that all uploaded as soon as possible. You have all done fantastic this year. We came up a little short of winning the team competition to Jessica's Rabbitts but what a year we have had. I mean seriously, if you asked any of us at the beginning of the competition that we would finish around 18,000 miles, who would have believed it? It just shows that every little bit does make a difference. Again, you have all done great and should be very proud of your involvement and contribution to such a contest.

My mileage post:
I made the statement last week that I was going to try to achieve 200 miles for the last posting. Well, I fell a little short. I had a couple of days where I kept on feeling very light headed or dizzy or something so I had to take a couple of days off. What I found out from that though was that I only need a couple of days of rest to give my legs ample of time to recuperate. I went back to my training and felt like I had tons of energy and could go on forever. So with all of that being said, here are my final totals.

Miles - 150
Hours - 14.5

I thank you all and I do look forward to meeting as many of you that are going to be at WDW next week as I can. I will forever say that, Triple D's ROCK!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bryan

For those of you going to WDW for the 1/2 or the full next week.........
Good Luck, I'm with you in Spirit!!!

My hours for the last week of the year; week ending Thurs. Jan. 1.
350 minutes 20 miles
We've had a few days of sun and temps in the upper 40's, so I was very happy to be able to walk/run outside. :goodvibes

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Bryan....cannot thank you enough for your inspiration and leadership. :hug:

My last week...at least I got on the bike a little bit while at home for Christmas, though did not have an exercise bike in my hotel this week (work travel), so did a little elliptical/x-training (not as shoulder friendly).

Bike: 36 miles/2:15 hours
Ellip/x-train: 6.7 miles/1:20 hours
PT/rehab stretching and core: 4:00 hours

Total: 42.7 miles/7:35 hours

Congrats to the Rabbits...I would like a rematch for 2009. :goodvibes

All of you going to the marathon weekend, have fun. Wish I could be there to meet you.

So...what next? I don't want to lose my friends here?

For those of you going to WDW for the 1/2 or the full next week.........
Good Luck, I'm with you in Spirit!!!

SamSam, but what about those of us that are going Goofy:thumbsup2 . Seriously, thank you for the well wishes. I will be running the half and am looking forward to a successful start to 2009 - had a great 5.2 miler today in a snow squal that took my New Year's day hangover away.

Good luck to all of the rest of you who will be running in any of the events at WDW next weekend with me. Remember, Goofy is what Goofy does.

Mike "GG" B

Mike, I can't even imagine doing the Goofy. Kudos to you. I haven't even done a 1/2 yet; the Minnie 15K last May is the longest I've done.

Hey guys! Here are my final tallies for 2008:

Miles: 18.54
Minutes: 233.26

I get so inspired when I look at how many miles & minutes we collectively exercised! It is truly a testament to the power of this group and what we are capable of. For me, it is exactly one year since I embarked on this journey, and I have run about 500 miles during that time, and exercised for more than 80 hours! I am clear that this would not have happened if I had not found the WiSH team, and connected myself to the inspiration and motivation of participating here.

Thank you, and here's to an amazing 2009!

I have updated all of the numbers that have been submitted to date. We are right now, only 32 miles away from having 18k for the year. There are several that haven't posted their miles as of yet and plenty that are several weeks behind in posting. If anyone has any miles that they can post to get us over that little hump, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, I can honestly say that we have had a tremendous year.

I have read several posts on other threads where people from all teams have said that they haven't really gotten what they were looking for from doing the team competition. I know you can't please everyone all of the time. I also know several people who said going to Disney one time in their life was enough for them.:scared1: But for me personally, I got more out of this team atmosphere than I could have ever hoped for. I will also say that if I have done anything to offend or step on anyone's toes (so to speak), I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I love this team and would do anything for it. I have made friends and family here that I hope to be able to carry with me for a lifetime.

Betsy - You thanked me for leadership and inspiration... I am so inspired by you that I feel unworthy of such adulation. Yes, you have made friends here and hopefully, a couple of real good friends. (No matter what. You can always send me a PM if you ever need to talk.) I want to thank you for pushing me to a new level.

I could stay on here for the rest of the night and go down the line of everyone on the team and tell you all how much you have motivated me but no one wants to read all of that. I will say that you all mean the world to me. For those that will be at WDW next weekend, I look forward to meeting you. For those of you who will not be there, I know we all thank you for your support.

One last note: I would feel like a complete and utter heel if I didn't say one more time how much I really appreciate our captain, Big Vic. He was our original leader. I know he had to step down because of personal issues but he was still our leader. While he was here, we were actually leading this competition. Vic, if you read this, I want to say thank you and I look forward to meeting you next week and being able to shake your hand.

Thanks everyone and feel free to contact me anytime. (I don't want that to sound like a finality. I just have no idea what windwalker's plans are for the new year with the teams. I am hoping that I can get some kind of info from him next week.)

Bryan:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I hope our group, The fabulous Triple D's, continues on. Has a decision been made yet?
I can't tell you how many days that just knowing I would be posting my miles/hours at the end of the week, got me out the door. :goodvibes

Hey everyone!! Windwalker has said that we are going to keep the teams going for all of those that want to continue. So my question is, who all wants to continue??? So far we have had 6 members of the Triple D's come aboard with their wish to keep going. Those are:

Twotoohappy
SamSam
Ironz
KiraG
Ahoff
and myself

If anyone else would like to keep on, let me know so I can get a team list to Windwalker.

Thanks everyone!
Bryan

I forgot to write down my milage this past week - or I forgot where I wrote it down is more like it. But I did want to report 29.5 miles for the last week. Not sure of the time but I don't think it matters too much on this one. Hope that gets us closer to 18k.

Did we decide if we are going to continue with the team - for miles or just support - whatever?? :confused3

Hey everyone!! Windwalker has said that we are going to keep the teams going for all of those that want to continue. So my question is, who all wants to continue??? So far we have had 6 members of the Triple D's come aboard with their wish to keep going. Those are:

Twotoohappy
SamSam
Ironz
KiraG
Ahoff
and myself

If anyone else would like to keep on, let me know so I can get a team list to Windwalker.

Thanks everyone!
Bryan

:banana: :banana: :banana: Yay! I'm so glad we're continuing. I'm not going to the marathon and don't even have any races in the works, but the need to report my hours/miles and the support of the Triple D's is a HUGE help to me. Thank you Triple D's!!

First off, count me in with the extension of the group through 2009 and (in my best Buzz voice) beyond. Secondly thank you to Vic and Bryan for all of there work - great job guys! Lastly, here are my limited (taper week you know) miles for the week:

Run 24.54 in 3 hours and 20 minutes - 10.22 of these miles were run in the final days opf 2008 in 1 hour and 22 minutes.

See you all (those going that is) at the races,

Mike "GG" B

Twotoohappy
SamSam
Ironz
KiraG
Ahoff
and myself

Thanks everyone!
Bryan

OK...yay!!! I'm getting on my bike right now! hugs!!

I'm in for 2009 with the Triple D's - we ARE team #1 - YEAH. I could only manage 2.2 miles today. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow morning for at least 2 miles, maybe 3. I need to pack - I got some things together and all piled with the suitcases but nothing is really "packed"

Can't wait to start counting the miles for 2009.

I already said I am in for next year, and have started already. And I have my final mileage for 08, two days of riding to work, which is 50 miles and 3 hours. Which puts us over 18K.

Good luck and have a great time to all headed to DW for the marathon!

Augie

Are we going to start a new thread? I assume so since this one is getting kinda long. I also assume this will start after the WDW marathon.

Are we going to start a new thread? I assume so since this one is getting kinda long. I also assume this will start after the WDW marathon.

That seems like a good idea. We should all re-introduce ourselves also.

Sounds like a great idea. I know at one time there was an introduction thread with pics, but I don't have a clue where it is now.

I am planning on getting a new thread started shortly after we get back from Marathon Weekend. I had a plan of actually taking January and using it as a month of rest and recuperation (after the races this weekend, I figure we may need it). Plus that will give Panda Dave a chance to get all the teams totally situated and together. I am hoping to have 5 minutes with him at WDW just to get a few more ideas about plans and expectations. Plus, I didn't want to just assume that since I ended up as Captain that I would stay that way. Dave may have other ideas in mind. Don't get me wrong. I love being the Captain of the Triple D's. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk about this group with my customers at work. I just want whatever is best for the team.

Love you guys and look forward to seeing some of you real soon!
Bryan:grouphug: :cheer2:

Bryan, I'm keeping track of my hours/miles, so whatever is decided works for me. I really appreciate your time and effort in keeping this team going.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter