• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers Team Challenge

Bryan - You seem to be a good person for the job of our captian!! Go ahead and take January off - heck you deserve it!! LOL I think Dave said we would start in February so that works for me!!

How many of us are left here?

Hello Triple D's! Hope those of you at the marathon are having a great time! A good start to counting your miles!

I have been keeping track of my miles and time, are we waiting until the start of a new period? I am in for next year, and Bryan, you are doing a great job as Captain, I hope you remain as ours.

And does walking also count? It was too crappy to go riding yesterday but I walked down to the supermarket, which was a 2 1/2 mile round trip. I will add them to my total if it counts.

Have a good week!

Augie

Hey Team DDD! Guess who is back from Marathon Weekend? You got it! Your's truly. Well, the good news is I was able to finish both of the races that I was in. (That is only half good since they don't sweep on the 5k.:confused3 ) The bad news is that I did hurt myself a little during the Half. I am not going to go into it too much because it isn't a big deal (I made it too a much bigger deal than it actually was.) but I will say that I have learned the importance in trimming my toenails before a race. If I had thought about that a couple of days ago, I could have knocked off at least another 20-30 minutes off of my time and my time wasn't bad. (Wasn't great but not bad for my first.) I am reminded of an old baseball quote, "Wait and see what we can do next year!". If at all possible, I am going to try to plan on doing this event again but I am going to change my training up so I can be more prepared.

Augie Any walking, running or biking counts towards your totals. According to what the original "rules" of the game were, any active miles or time counts towards your totals. (I will send you a PM later also.)

TnTsParty Thank you for the words of encouragement. Were you at the meet Friday night at POP? I knew I had read that you were going to be there for the Weekend but I didn't see you at POP. I did try to say Hi! to all of the Triple D team members that I saw (or recognized). If you were there and I missed you, I am very sorry. It was great putting real life faces with screen names.

SamSam Your enthusiasm is one of the things that helped our team do as well as we did last year. I love the fact the you have so much energy. That sort of energy can be contagious. Let's see what we can do to turn that into a "healthy" virus and spread it. (That is a joke and I do hope everyone gets it.:rotfl2: )

Update I was not able to get with Panda at the Meet like I had hoped. I know he is staying down at WDW for a few more days but I am going to send him a PM with a few questions/suggestions tomorrow. As soon as I get a reply and some sort of team confirmation, I will start up a new thread so we can re-introduce ourselves to everyone and hopefully express what we truly want to be able to get out of this experience in 2009. I would also like to make a small challenge. I know that we all have everyday life issues that come into play and will make this hard from time to time but we should still be able to make this work. Let's try to make the thread a little more interactive. Although the premise of the teams is to post your miles and hours on a weekly basis, it would be great if we could take it a step further and post a little more often. Let's go from being a team to a family. This past year, I know of 2 team members that had surgery for different reasons but not everyone knows about that. I just think it would be nice if we could take it to that next level.

So with all of that being said, I do believe the plan is for us to use the rest of the month as "down time". The competition is supposed to crank back up in February (like last year). If you have the means, I would highly recommend using this as a springboard to being able to do Marathon Weekend 2010. It is an incredible experience and a wonderful way to be able to meet everyone.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day and week!!!
Bryan:grouphug: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

Bryan, It sounds like you had a great time at WDW and came back with lots of wonderful enthusiasm. I, for one, am really looking forward to another year of being part of the Triple D's. I also will go on record that I plan to participate in January 2010!!!

Triple D's Rock!!!!

I definitely want to stay with the DDD's!

I had a great time this past weekend!
I did both the 5k and the 1/2 and even though the 1/2 was
a little bit slower from last year, I was proud that I finished it!

I ran/wogged the 5k with Bryan and that was the best!
My highlight of this trip was being able to hang out with
my lil brother! He is even more kind and inspiring in person :hug:
It was great seeing all the WISHers and I'll post pics soon!
I'm sorry about missing the pop party, but I was having some pain issues.
The 1/2 went well, and even though it was a little slower time than 08,
I was happy with the time considering that I had surgery on 12/11.

As far as the DDD's...
I'd love to stay, but will probably have no time/miles in Feb.
due to major surgery on 1/29. I'll be in the hospital for a week
and then recovery will be at least another 2-3 weeks, so
February will stink! Also, many of you met my friend Susan
and she'd like to join the DDD's! I'll get her to join the dis and
come visit the threads!
Both Susan and I will be doing the 1/2 next year!
Hopefully I'll get Augie to come and run ;)

Talk to you all soon!
~Liz :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter