• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers Team Challenge

Hi, Everyone!!! We're in the final stretch!! Like the last mile of the marathon...can't you just picture it....about to enter Epcot for the tour around the World Showcase before the finish line!! :cool1:

I did ok last week...it's a little tough, since I'm travelling so much. Have only been home 3 days so far this month. But I rode the bike on the trainer Fri/Sat/Sunday, trying to get some miles in!

Total for Dec. 8-14:
44 miles bike/2:45 hours
PT/stretching-- 4:00 hours

Total: 44 miles/6:45 hours.

Out of town again this week, so won't get many miles in...will try to make up for it Christmas week!
Go, go, go!!!! :)

Hey DDD's!! I hope everyone had a wonderful week last week and is off to a great start this week. Good news! I have updated the spreadsheet with the times that have been provided and we have went over that 17,000 mile mark. (At the same time, I think we should congratulate Jessica's Rabbits for breaking the 20,000 mile mark. What an accomplishment!)

You have all done so well this year. We have had a lot of people here do a bunch of races this year. Some did their first race. One (that I am aware of) has done over 200 races. (Not this year but total.) We did bike races and marathons. If you are Betsy, you did the Ironman! (Still can't get over what kind of endurance that took!) But what is most important is that we came together as a team. And now we are down to the home stretch. The last couple of weeks. (I just wonder if the Puppet Master Panda has any ideas for another game next year!?) I just want to say thank you to everyone of you for all of you combined efforts to make this team an awesome experience.

Side note: Just for the records of it, here are my totals for the week.

Miles - 113
Time - 13.5

Hope you all have a great week and I wil continue to look in to see if anyone else posts their times so I can update the spreadsheet and keep it accurate.

Thanks everyone!
Bryan:cool1: :thumbsup2

Hello Bryan and all of you Dashers

Thank you for your kind words in the Rabbits' thread. You guys as well are due for some serious congratulations. As a group you've moved forward, month after, month, and put up some really impressive numbers. If your situation has been like ours, you've had some good people slip away as life took over, but had some equally good people arrive as fresh faces.

It's great to see you over the 17,000 mile mark. You all deserve to celebrate what you've done :wizard: .

I'm sure I'll see many of you in January. Heck, in 3 weeks I'll be in a plane on my way to Marathon Weekend. How great is that?

Craig

Hi 3D's! The weather here has been just so bad this week, and today was the topper, with the rain finally turning to snow. I did get two days of bking in, so my totals are 50 miles and 3 hours. A white Christmas would be nice for a change though.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, and Happy Holidays to all!

Augie

OMG, last weekend before Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone. :goodvibes

My totals for week ending Thursday, Dec. 18 :
250 minutes 12.5 miles

Running miles were down for the past two weeks because I was busy walking around WDW for 6 days.

Miles for week ending 12/14/08 are:
Running 23.49 in 3 hours and 25 minutes
3 days walking around MK, EPCOT, DHS and DTD (to and from SSR) - I have no idea how to count this - at least 8 hours each day

Miles and hours for week ending 12/21/08 are:
Running 27.73 miles in 3 hours and 58 minutes
1 hour yoga
3 days walking around DTD (to and from SSR), AK, MK, and EPCOT.

Only 3 weeks to Goofy!:scared1: :crazy: :goofy:

Great training all,

Mike "GG" B

Hey Gang! The year is winding down fast! So many of us are so close to being able to meet during Marathon Weekend. It is amazing how fast this year really has gone by. It was 11 months ago when a lot of us started on this journey. We picked up some new teammates on the way and at the same time, we have lost some team members. Overall though, we have had a great time and an awesome experience with our training and making new friends and family.

Dave has made a seperate thread asking if we would like to keep on going with the ideas of having teams. I really like the idea of having this as it is a great monitor (for me anyway) on how hard we are working for ourselves. If anyone is interested in continuing, you can either let Dave (windwalker) or myself know. That way we can find out if we are going to have enough participants to make it interesting.

Thanks everyone! I do appreciate everything you have done this year! It has been a blast getting to know you all.

Bryan:yay: :cheer2:

I would like the teams to continue. Needing to post miles and time each week helps me get on the treadmill when I just don't feel like.

Hi Team.

Posting miles for the week of 12/15 thru 12/21:

38.54 miles
331 minutes

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season.

I wanna stay with my little brother!!!!

I'll post hours/miles tomorrow!

ps Hope you're staying too Augie!
I need another Phish head around:thumbsup2

I think this group is great and hope that
everyone signs on for another year :goodvibes

Oh boy have I been WAY slacking. Both in reporting my milage and time and also with getting any milage in. It seems since my half in the beginning of Nov I have totally slacked off with the training.

So here is my weekly totals since October :scared1:

10/8-10/14 - 16.7 miles 161.38 minutes (a 5k race is included in the milage)

10/15-10/21 - 17.5 miles 242 minutes

10/22-10/31 - 23 miles 335 minutes

11/1-11/7 - 20.2 miles 265 minutes

11/8-11/14 - 28.2 miles 191 minutes (a half marathon is included in the milage)

11/15-11/21 - 11.5 miles 192 minutes

11/22-11/30 - 27.7 miles 371.43 minutes (a 5k race is included in the milage)

12/1-12/7 - 21.5 miles 310 minutes

12/8-12/14 - 25 miles 354 minutes

12/15-12/21 - 2 miles 26 minutes (told you I was slacking lately!!) :confused3

I'm late (again) with my miles & minutes for last week! Here they are:

Miles: 10.3
Minutes: 125

Thanks! Happy Holidays everyone!

Tricia it is great to hear from you again. We have missed you around here. I am very impressed that you have kept up with the miles in that manner. I have a hard time keeping up with my miles for a week or two. Awesome job and effort.

Kira You're not late. Thank you for the info.

Liz Your little brother is here to tell you that we have 2.5 weeks. I can't thank you enough for asking me to be involved with you in this venture. Even though I had been on WISH for a couple of years, I had never ventured to this portion of the board. Thanks to you I have made a lot of new friends.

We have one more posting of our totals for this year. Since it is an extended period, I am actually going to attempt to reach the 200 mile mark. With some holiday travel in the middle, I don't know if I will make it but at least I am setting a goal. I really want to end with a bang. But I guess I need to post my totals for this past week and then update the spreadsheet.

My totals were:

Miles - 147
Hours - 14.5

I do hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and a safe and joyous Holiday Season!!

Merry Chirstmas everyone!
Bryan

I wanted to come on here and send a special Merry Christmas to all of my teammates. I have really enjoyed this year getting to know you all and working with you all. I consider myself blessed to be able to call you my friends!!

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

Bryan

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Late, but my miles/time for the week of Dec. 15-21 are:

.3 miles "swimming"--really drills and kicking because I can't use my arm yet./:0:15 hours
PT/stretching/core: 3:45 hours

Grand total: 0.3 miles/4:00 hours

Not a great week...was in Alaska all week...didn't have access to a bike, and I really can't do much else yet other than my PT. Travel was rough, too, in case you have been under a rock and hadn't heard that the entire northern US was a mess last weekend. At least I got home.

I love our group....sorry I haven't done more miles/time lately...surgery will do that to you. :confused3
I saw the ortho doc Monday and he says 4 more weeks before he'll even talk to me about running. NO pool time. Only bike on the trainer and PT. Trying not to get frustrated...because I am getting my range of motion back over the last few weeks, and we are starting to work on tiny amounts of strength.

I wouldn't mind having a contest next year, too! :)

Happy holidays!!:santa:

Happy Holidays Team!

I'll be sending my totals to Bryan,
but just wanted to WISH everyone
here on the DDD's a very Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and here is to a Happy New Year. Here is my miles for the week, 75 miles, and 4.5 hours. Looks like just three more days to this year for reporting. I would not be surprised if we break the 81K mile mark.

ps Hope you're staying too Augie!
I need another Phish head around:thumbsup2

I think this group is great and hope that
everyone signs on for another year :goodvibes

Yes, I would love to stick around, this is a great incentive to keep doing what we are doing, getting out and staying active. And am looking forward to some Phish shows after all these years!

Happy New Year!

Augie

It's been difficult getting miles and minutes in with holiday traveling and gatherings, etc. Hopefully after the 1st of the year, I'll be able to kick it up a notch.:goodvibes

For the week ending Thurs, Dec. 25th:

270 minutes 10 miles

Happy New Year Triples D's!!!

Hope all had a very Merry Christmas and the New Year brings nothing but joy.

Miles for the week ending 28-Dec-2008 were:

34 running in 4 hours and 49 minutes
Nothing else due to the busy holiday week.

TWO WEEKS TO GOOFY!:cool1:

Great training all,

Mike "GG" B

Hey Team,

Well, here it is. The final tally for 2008.

I noticed I somehow skipped a week in December.

12/8 to 12/14

28.03 miles
238 minutes

12/22 to 12/31

44.89 miles
381 minutes

I just wanted to wrap up by saying how impressed I have been all year with everyone's dedication. To think of all the time and effort that's been put in is truly staggering.

Congratulations to everyone. It's been a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter