DON"T let this happen to your family!!

Tell Snake Boy he is a DIS legend :)

Tinkerbellie, at one point when he was feeling really bad and very sad, my oldest daughter told him he was now a legend. It is amazing the smile that brought to his face. We had dinner at Chefs de France after he was feeling better and had the waiter bring him out this huge blue, stuffed snake we had bought, on a dessert plate. May sound a little twisted, but he loved it.

My friend's daughter was bitten by a snake at CBR a few years ago. They were walking to the pool and she walked right near a flower bed. Bethany was in the hospital for a few days too.
I've posted this several times over the years as a warning:
My cousin is an ER doctor and he said they see people all the time because of snake bites that happen in a garden setting. The OP's experience was with a water mocassin but pygmy rattlers also like to cool off in mulch. Please keep your kids away from flower beds, pampas grass, bushes, etc.

I have been unable to do the Lazy River in any theme park since, at TL, I looked to my left and swimming like crazy is a snake.:eek:

That is just terrible. Thank you for sharing your story. That is just a horrible thing to happen to your baby. I am glad that he is ok.

On our trip this past June, we were sitting in the very back of a Disney bus. I'm in the seat next to the window. All of the sudden, a HUGE spider crawls on to the wall next to me. I jump onto my DH's lap, yell to my daughter to move because the spider was crawling on the window towards her. She sees it, screams & people on the bus are looking at us like we are crazy. I was so scared I could barely talk..until I got the word SPIDER! out..and people saw it on the window. The whole bus jumped to the opposite side of the bus. This thing was huge. I believe it was a Banana Spider..I googled it and it looked similar. It definitely had yellow in it and I kid you not it was as big as my hand (with it's legs-- the body was probably the size of my thumb). Even the men on the bus were scared to kill it. When we got off the bus the driver asked us what the commotion was about and we told her...but couldn't find the spider to show her :eek::eek:..so I don't know what she did about it. The rest of the trip I was sweating riding the buses. What I read it doesn't sound like they are poisonous?? I don't know how that thing got on the bus without someone seeing it...it really was huge.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

And at night.....no one would have been able to see it either!!!!!!!! :scared1:

OP I just read your story. Sammie on the DVC boards linked it to us. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that your son came through such a horrific experience. Thank God you acted quickly and got that ambulance there. I am the grandmother of two young boys and just reading this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for relating your experience to all of us. I never really gave much thought to snakes being that close to the resort paths so this information is extremely helpful. Please tell your little boy that he's in our prayers.

So glad to hear your son is alright. We are always look out for alligators, but I will definately becareful of the snakes in grass:scared1:

We were there in April at the POFQ and a little girl next to our room had a tiny black baby snake in a jar. She was playing with it. We asked her if she knew if it was venomous but she didn't know.:confused3

We hurried into our room, but not before the snake fell out of the jar and slithered off the walkway to the floor below. Good thing no one was walking by underneath:confused:

glad your little boy is ok. Snakes are the major thing i hate about living in Fl. There are snakes at my. apt. complex but luckily i dont see them often.Have never seen one yet at WDW and i am there all the time.

Just for a little perspective:

Average Number of Deaths per Year in the U.S

Bee/Wasp 53
Dogs 31
Spider 6.5
Snake 5.5
Mountain lion 1
Shark 1
Alligator 0.3
Bear 0.5
Scorpion 0.5
Centipede 0.5
Elephant 0.25
Wolf 0.1
Horse 20
Bull 3

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad your son is doing well. I will definitely be more aware of my surroundings when we go to WDW in December.

Bee/Wasp 53
Dogs 31
Spider 6.5
Snake 5.5
Mountain lion 1
Shark 1
Alligator 0.3
Bear 0.5
Scorpion 0.5
Centipede 0.5
Elephant 0.25
Wolf 0.1
Horse 20
Bull 3

Nice post! Gee, I guess I'd better be on the outlook for horses, too. :)

Yea, you have to be aware. We were walking from Soarin to the main gate a few months ago when my daughter almost stepped on what appeared to be a baby Water Moccasin right in the middle of the walkway. It was at night, shocked she even saw it... I did not and must have walked right over it.

A couple of years ago at the Grand Flo, while walking in the back way from the parking lot, I about stepped on a Coral Snake. It was right near Gasparillas. Again it was at night and I was walking close to the shrubbery.

A few weeks ago there was a 4' gator right in front of the entrance to the Grand Flo.

This is their habitat so always pay attention and never let the kids wander near heavily landscaped areas...

Ted.

Woah, I'm so sorry to hear about that, and i'm SO glad your son was okay!
It's so weird, you would never expect an accident like that to happen in WDW, but now I know it can and did! Thanks for the warning!

Bee/Wasp 53
Dogs 31
Spider 6.5
Snake 5.5
Mountain lion 1
Shark 1
Alligator 0.3
Bear 0.5
Scorpion 0.5
Centipede 0.5
Elephant 0.25
Wolf 0.1
Horse 20
Bull 3

Nice post! Gee, I guess I'd better be on the outlook for horses, too. :)

:lmao: I thought the same thing 20 deaths by horse!!!
a lot of this is due to the shortage of horse anti-venom...............................................................................but seriously folks..........people die from being thrown and landing on their head. as in Christopher Reeve...................i myself am allergic to bees so if you really want to see someone acting like an idiot, let one fly around my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter