Dollar Minivan Rental

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
I just got a rate of $390.75 (everything included) for 12/4-12/13. It is $229.99 per week plus $39.99 per day. Is that a good rate, or do you think I can beat it?

Also, just want to confirm that Dollar is at the airport and doesn't require a shuttle?

Thanks!

I just checked Alamo for you (onsite - sister company to National) and I got a grand total of $330.92 using Disney Club discount.

But the Entertainment book, Walmart, and Vacation Outlet all give me the exact same total.

Let me know if you need me to PM you the codes...

See below:

Base Rate - Minivan (USD)

(1) Weekly Rate ($192.09/wk)................ $192.09
(2) Daily Rate ($34.84/day)....................... $69.68
Rate Code XX Associate ID XXXXXX
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate
Unlimited Mileage
Subtotal................................................ $261.77

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

Concession Fee Recov Chrg (9.8%).......... $26.09
Sales Tax (6.5%) ......................................$20.20
Fl Surcharge Waste Tire Battery Fee ($2.05/day) $18.45
Vehicle License Recoupment Fee ($0.49/day) $4.41

Subtotal............................................................ $69.15
Estimated Total ..............................................$330.92

That is a pretty good rate. You can sometimes find Minivans for 199.99 per week. The 39.99 per day is pretty standard. Keep that reservation for now and keep checking to see if you get the rate the drop. If you find a cheaper reservation you can make it and then cancel this one.

Dollar is located at Orlando Airport and you will not need to take a shuttle bus.

Thanks beattyfamily. I did get the same rate you did --with even an additional drive free of charge!

I pm'd you again with another question. Thanks so much for your help!

So glad I could help out!:teeth:

Now you have to update me and let me know what you end up doing with the Mears or Compact car!

I forgot to mention that I believe you are suppose to tip the Mears driver so there's an added expense there too!

I'll let you know, I got the same rate you did for a one day rental at Alamo--except with the coupon code, I could get another minivan for the same price as a compact.

Am thinking that we may go that route for the trip from MCO to the resort; however, maybe do a shuttle from the resort back to the airport. That way they could be dropped right at the door and not have to worry about bringing a car back. I have to check into a one-way shuttle price for maybe 2 adults

Originally posted by Mommy Poppins
I'll let you know, I got the same rate you did for a one day rental at Alamo--except with the coupon code, I could get another minivan for the same price as a compact.

Am thinking that we may go that route for the trip from MCO to the resort; however, maybe do a shuttle from the resort back to the airport. That way they could be dropped right at the door and not have to worry about bringing a car back. I have to check into a one-way shuttle price for maybe 2 adults

That's great that you could get the coupon to work! Sometimes the coupons are no good for minivans.

Means shuttle one way for an adult is $16.

Have fun planning!

I was getting the same figures for a minivan at Alamo on my itinerary in August UNTIL today. Now the best rate that I can get BEFORE the taxes and fees, etc. is $317!!!

I am so upset that I did not reserve when I had the better price. :(

The best rate that I am seeing now is $269 + at Dollar.

Anyone else want to try my dates? August 15 at 10 am until August 22 at 6 pm.

Thanks!

Originally posted by smart cookie

Those extra few hours until 6pm on Aug. 22nd are killing you (an extra $39.99)

I KNOW!!! :(

I am going to take a look at the site that you posted and see if I can get this price down a bit.
One of these days I will learn not to procratinate... Maybe. ;)

Thanks Smart Cookie! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter