Does ANYONE know where Lucky is headed?

davandflav

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if there is anyone on The Dis with inside scoop on Lucky the dinosaur, where he is headed, and/or when he'll be traveling. I must admit, my first viewings of the videos on laughingplace.com brought a tear to my eye. I grew up loving dinosaurs, and I cannot even begin to imagine all the possibilities this technology has...Of course, I'd love to see Lucky in person. Any news out there?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!:D

Chrissy

As of Labor Day Lucky was headed to Animal Kingdom. The folks I talked to knew he was on the way but hadn't seen him yet. They were very excited about his impending arrival.

I think now we're waiting for his actual debut at AK...

Peter Pirate,

Thank you so much! Your news means I might have a chance of seeing him while I'm at Disney World! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Chrissy

I hate to burst your bubble, but I've read that he's in route to New York City where he will do some media appearances. From what I read, the hope is to get luck to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange.

Can't remember for sure which site I read this on though.... I'll look and "edit" this post with the link if I find it.

My information certainly could be wrong, but the folks I spoke with at AK (management level) were expecting him any day...So they're going to be very upset should Lucky make a sidetrip elsewhere first, I can tell you that...

Keep those fingers crossed.

It's been awhile since I've seen any info on Lucky. Anyone know anything, or spot him at AK?

Thanks

Jen

Originally posted by TiNkErBeLl51
who is Lucky?

Lucky is a fully mobile audio-animatronic Dinosaur that was displayed at DCA and a press conference in August as part of a WDI test. Imagine a two-legged dino walking around pulling a cart. That's what it's like.

Click <a href="http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030902.htm">here</a> or <a href="http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030825.htm">here</a> to learn about Lucky.

Scroll down to "See Lucky in action" for some really great video.

I really like that idea that Jim Hill reported about a month or so ago - make Lucky into a dinosaur and put him in Camp Minnie-Mickey as step 1 toward a "Beastly Kingdom".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter