Does anyone else hate to fly?

Yep, that's one reason we bought the TT.
You can always ask your Dr. for something to help you relax on the flight.

I am already freaking out and our flight is 7 days away.

I also HATE HATE HATE to fly - I swear my heart races just thinking about it. BUT, like 2goofycampers said ask your doctor for something that might help you relax a little. Other than that I haven't really found anything that works. :confused3 Bring a good book and your ipod or walkman to help keep your mind off of things.

Ty

I Love To Fly. My Wife Hates It , She's A White Knuckler. It's Not The Fly'n That Bothers Her , It's Crashing. :rotfl2:

Play Hard,,,Fish Harder !!

Man I love to fly. Nothing like it to me, except with a shuttle flight. And I would love to take that ride. The only thing I don't like about flying is when the plane is so crowded. I am 6'3 and have a hard time in crowded spaces like that. But when the plane isn't full I love it. I can even remember the day when the pilot would let you in the cockpit. Boy those were the good old days.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Planes just don't crash that often.

I didn't really hate to fly until after our emergency landing coming back from Key West one year. There was smoke on the plane. It was scary. :scared1: :scared1: I didn't think we would ever get to land. Felt like forever. Turns out some kinda invertor shorted and they said it really wasn't a big deal. Freaked me out though. I just kept saying God please let us land safe over and over.
My husband also has problems with the pressure when the decent starts. Really hurts his head. On a few flights it was days before he could even hear very good. Not fun. :headache: :headache: :headache:

We have decided we are going to drive where we want to go for now on (atleast for a while). So if it is too far to drive we just won't go for now.

I didn't really hate to fly until after our emergency landing coming back from Key West one year. There was smoke on the plane. It was scary. :scared1: :scared1: I didn't think we would ever get to land. Felt like forever. Turns out some kinda invertor shorted and they said it really wasn't a big deal. Freaked me out though. I just kept saying God please let us land safe over and over.
My husband also has problems with the pressure when the decent starts. Really hurts his head. On a few flights it was days before he could even hear very good. Not fun. :headache: :headache: :headache:

We have decided we are going to drive where we want to go for now on (atleast for a while). So if it is too far to drive we just won't go for now.

My fear started when I worked for a subcontracter for British Airways and found out about "airplane tape"

My fear started when I worked for a subcontracter for British Airways and found out about "airplane tape"

I am afraid to even ask but I am going to anyway. What is airplane tape and where is it used? Is it like duck tape?

In racing I call it the 200mph tape which is duck tape in colors to match the cars. Duck tape is an amazing thing.

Oh, I HATE, HATE, HATE to fly. I used to have to fly alot for my job and after several unpleasant flights, I finally said no more. We only travel by RV now which limits us but hey, I just can't handle all the hassles associated with flying, especially these days. Plus now we don't have to get dog sitters anymore 'cause they just come with us everywhere.

I am afraid to even ask but I am going to anyway. What is airplane tape and where is it used? Is it like duck tape?

In racing I call it the 200mph tape which is duck tape in colors to match the cars. Duck tape is an amazing thing.

It is like duct tape, but metallic. It holds up well in extreme heat and cold.

I only seen it used in the interior of the planes for cracks in the cockpit and the overhead.

DH who worked for USair as maintence for years swears that once its applied it never comes off.

I used to love to fly. That was back when the airlines treated you like a human being. I haven't flown since I retired from the Army 2 years ago, but my last flights were miserable. They herd you like cattle, pack you in like sardines, and sling a bag of peanuts at you like an elephant if you are lucky. About all I can say that's good about flying is it sometimes gets you there faster (I know someone who flew from Orlando to Allentown and it took 28 hours with delays and missed connections - driving time is 19). So you can keep the airlines and their cramped seats and luggage limits. I'll take the big seats in my truck and the huge bed in back for all the luggage my wife wants at no extra charge.

I love to fly. I am a little nervous but I figure these people (FAs and pilots) do this day in and day out and it's no big deal at all to them. I used to get nervous about turbulence but then compared it to hitting pot holes in a road while driving. If you had a passenger freak out over every bump, you would think they're a bit silly right?
We live in NJ and flew to Boston and Niagara Falls. Wish we could've flown to Williamsburg, VA. After about 2 hours of driving on I-95 I said to dh, "If we were flying to FL, we would have been there by now." Traffic kept stopping for no reason, then pouring rain, accidents, etc.
This is way more stressful to me than flying. People just drive way too fast and follow too closely. I also worry about drunks too.

I've worked in a large Philly hospital/trauma center for 18 yrs, first 9 of which I spent a lot of time xraying broken up people in the ER. Way more people die from car crashes than plane crashes, or sadly- become paralyzed. I can't get past how many times I've seen frantic parents of young people just fall to their knees sobbing.

I think I'd have to be medicated to ride on a freeway in a motor home and watch my kids walk around unrestrained while doing 60 or 70 mph. :faint:

Put me on a plane any day:thumbsup2 popcorn::

I only seen it used in the interior of the planes for cracks in the cockpit and the overhead.

DH who worked for USair as maintence for years swears that once its applied it never comes off.

Interesting. Thanks for the description.

Not scared to fly we just don't. I flew to Hawaii long flight setting next to a big guy and I am no small guy. Not to mention how much is a plane ticket for my truck, trailer, and cart. Vacation would not be fun with out this stuff. I always figured flying would be more fun if I could fly the plane:rotfl: .

It's called P-11, made by Permacel.

1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor

Then you won't care!!!!

I personally get airsick real bad. Have not yet lost it on the plane, but have come close. My sister, however, was not so lucky. I could tell you a story about her that would have you peeing your pants AND spitting coke on the screen. I still can't tell the story to this day w/o breaking up laughing.

Needless to say, she will never fly again.

I love flying...Ive only done it 3 times but it was pretty cool.
I DONT like it when I take the cap off of a bottle of salt and pour the whole bottle into my eye while holding my lids open with my fingers....especially if I have tabasco sauce dripping off of my fingers at the time...I HATE when that happens!!!

Good Morn;n Rog ! And it tends to be more unpleasant while your staring into the sun when that happens.

Great Morning Ya'll !

This is a morning of chimps ! I mean CHAMPS !
No more monkey around, ya'll have a great one !

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter