Do you tip for curbside pickup?

That sounds like an unusual situation. Why would a company not allow that unless they are paying a huge hourly wage. Most do not encourage it, but don't block it either. You almost never tip anyone in a grocery store, but that is because you go into it, you push the cart around, you pick out your own items, you run it through check out, either self or cashier and you bring it out to your car and load it yourself. Why wouldn't you tip some poor stiff a couple of buck for all the work they saved you. I'm sure you didn't get a reduction in the cost of groceries. If I knew that they blocked it and I knew if they were not paying extra to the help for doing it, then I simply would do my shopping elsewhere.

According to this thread, it's not an unusual situation. None of the stores will allow employees to accept tips. Not Walmart, Target, Whole Paycheck, Safeway, or Krogers. This is not specific to my store or my area. Several people have stated the same and I highly doubt any of them live anywhere around me.

That sounds like an unusual situation. Why would a company not allow that unless they are paying a huge hourly wage. Most do not encourage it, but don't block it either. You almost never tip anyone in a grocery store, but that is because you go into it, you push the cart around, you pick out your own items, you run it through check out, either self or cashier and you bring it out to your car and load it yourself. Why wouldn't you tip some poor stiff a couple of buck for all the work they saved you. I'm sure you didn't get a reduction in the cost of groceries. If I knew that they blocked it and I knew if they were not paying extra to the help for doing it, then I simply would do my shopping elsewhere.

I have a friend who is doing this job and she wouldn't appreciate being thought of as a "poor stiff". She gets paid well, she enjoys it and she is proud to be working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter