• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you drive or ride the buses?

We walk or take a boat or monorail whenever possible. Everywhere else is by bus. To go from resort to resort we usually drive.

I like renting a car. When staying at OKW, we use it everywhere except sometimes we take the bus to MK. When staying at BWV, we walk or boat to Epcot and MGM, drive to AK, DTD and sometimes MK. Also go offsite to get groceries, go to the outlets, eat some meals offsite. I usually get lucky and can find a rental car for around $100 - $120 for the week, including taxes. We use National Emerald Aisle, a code and a $20 entertainment coupon.

I know my way around WDW and surrounding areas pretty well, so I don't consider it a chore.

I take the busses. I hate to drive as it is, only drive out of neccesity. My car, in fact, is almost 4 years old and just turned 10,000 miles.
If I'm on vacation, let someone else drive me around!

Good Ol Gal said:
when we were at WDW last year the SSR buses were almost completely empty. I am very curious to see how they compare this year now that the other sections are open.

Caught the bus from EPCOT to SSR this past Saturday and driver, DW and myself had the bus to ourselves, however, that was at 11:00AM.

The bus situation can be a hit or miss proposition. If you just miss the bus at the stop you might have to wait 30+ minutes for another bus, we know from personal experience. Gets very frustrating when 2 EPCOT or AK or MK busses come and go while you are waiting for your ride.

With that having been said I will now say that watching the scenery go by and not having to worry about some BOZO :rolleyes1 cutting in front of you is much preferred after a long day at the parks.

John

athenna said:
I take the busses. I hate to drive as it is, only drive out of neccesity. My car, in fact, is almost 4 years old and just turned 10,000 miles.
If I'm on vacation, let someone else drive me around!

4yrs old and 10,000 miles? PM me when you are ready to get rid of the car :rotfl: , DW's car is a little over 5 years with 102,000 miles.

John

15 million in upgrades to be spent on the buses in the next couple of years at WDW. Some new buses, new sound systems, GPS to help with scheduling, cameras at all the stops, central routing, etc. With ME working so well, improving Disney transportation has now become that much more important.

:cool1:
We rented a car last time ...
What we did to impress my MIL was to drive from SSR and park FREE
at the Polynesian...then take a ride on the monorail into the Magic
Kingdom together! This accomplished three things...
1- it allowed us to revisit the Poly
2- avoid the parking and tram ride nightmare to the entrance
3- took the monorail...what can I say...it's a great way to
start a day in the MK...going into it in style!

We used to travel on property exclusively by Disney transportation. And with the Magical Express service that is would be a great choice.

However, if you want to go off property or have a wheelchair -- both of those applying to us -- having your own car makes getting around much easier. So now we rent a car.

John VN said:
4yrs old and 10,000 miles? PM me when you are ready to get rid of the car :rotfl: , DW's car is a little over 5 years with 102,000 miles.

John

:rotfl2:
And I waited until I was 31 years old to even get my license. Driving is like a chore to me!

Depending on what time of year we are travelling depends if I rent a car for the entire trip or not.

If I can find a great rate, I usually rent a car but only use it for Shopping and our mandatory trip to Sonic!LOL The rest of the time we use Disney Transport!

If a great rate is not available, then I rent a car for the day and then we power shop! It's easy to rent either from the Car Car Centre or at the Dolphin!

Just remember, if you use ME, you have to leave the Magic Behind a little earlier than if you had your own vehicle!

janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter