Do we ever get to old for Disney...

I'm 42 yrs old - no kids either, but a lovely niece who is just as Disney mad as I am. I Became obessed with disney on my first trip in 2001, and I will never stop going every year.

Friends and family think I'm crazy, I was made redundant last year and used my redunancy money to go to disney. When I came home I was jobless and penniless, so I enrolled at college from september 03 to July 04 - pass all my exams, only just got a job 2 weeks ago (starting on Monday), and I will be off to disney again in December 04. Even though I've had next to nothing in terms of wages for the past year, I still managed to save any money I did have, so that I could return to my most favourite place in the world Disney.

Am I crazy or what?

maureen4200040

DH and I both 50 went to Disney World last December without kids for the first time. I was "apprehensive" thinking we'd be the only crazy people there. We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and the place was full of "us folks"!!! I barely saw any children at all!!! Disney World with kids is absolutely memorable and fun, Disney World without kids is fantastic!!! We don't worry about "schedules" what rides, anything. Just relax and enjoy everything there is to offer. It's fantastic. We've had such wonderful trips this year.

First in December just DH and myself, in July with brother and family, kids 7 and 11 (their first time and it was so neat to see everything for the first time through their eyes). then in October with my sister and friend, also their first time. They were just like two big kids, had to do Cinderella character meal, Chef Mickey etc.

BUT I am SO SO SO looking forward to the first week in December again with just DH and myself. AHHHHHHHH, a week in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. I HOPE I never get too old for Disney World. I'm also known as the "Disney Nut" of the family, but now that we took everyone this year, they all understand and know why.

I know I'll never be too old for WDW. I do hope that, by the time I turn 80, they'll change the Rockin' Roller Coaster to go zero to 20 in 5 minutes for me though! LOL

My parents. Dad is mid-sixties and Mom is late 50's. My mom loves it more than dad, but they both have a great time. Dad said the next time he goes, he wants to stay at the "big white hotel". I ran through 3 differant resorts before we figured out he ment the GF!

I'm 28 and still love to go, just look at my count down clock!

I'm 43 & my wife is 47 and we just never ever get tired of WDW.

We have been going for years and we just never get enough time at the world. We will be going again Dec. 8 -20.

When we are not at WDW, we listen to the music from the parks in the car all the time.

did ya REALLY think you were going to get a, "no, you're an old bag that doesn't belong at Disney" response!?

don't think you can ever be too old...... unless you're physically/mentally not able to take it in, but that's a whole different game.

ChisJo said:
The answer to your question - NO! The first time I ever went to WDW, I was 21. I will never forget the first time I walked down Main Street USA and saw the castle- I actually started to cry. My then boyfriend thought I was nuts, but I was so overwhelmed and could not believe how beautiful everything really was. Fast forward a bit to age 26, and my second trip. I get onto Main Street once again and, you guessed it, I started to cry.
I came home and told my sister that she just had to come with me again in a couple of years, and she agreed (I will be closer to 30, she will be closer to 40). In all honestly, now that I am single again, when I start dating someone, they must be interested in Disney - if they aren't, how could they possibly understand how important it will be to celebrate our anniversaries and retirement there?

Jo

RickinNy - I have to tell you that the story you shared literature brought tears of happiness to my face because that's exactly how I picture my 90th birthday. Thank you for sharing - you always share the most wonderful stories.

I introduced my DH now 44 to Disney 9 years ago and now every time he sees or hears a Disney commercial he lets me know that he needs a Disney fix. You just need to love him for that.

I am sure in a few years some members of my family will start to imply that I am too old for WDW.

Why?

So they can get my DVC points.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter