Do Separate Parties Share Skyliner Gondolas?

Is that 7 people total or 6? Not sure if the small child was counted in the six or not.
The more people you have the more likely it is you'll ride alone. It depends on how busy it is and the size of the parties next to you in line. If the party in front of you and behind you each have 5, then you ride alone because either combination exceeds the cabin capacity.
Some count heads, some count heart beats. Anything with a heart beat counts, even service animals. You can have a wheelchair and if you want to fold it up and sit on the bench, ten heart beats can ride. If you remain in the wheelchair, six people max.
Double side by side strollers must be folded, inline strollers don’t need to be folded.( there’s a little tip, bring a inline if your using the Skyliner on your vacation as your mode of transportation) Single strollers don’t have to be folded. Stroller, folded or not max capacity is ten.
It’s a form of transportation, just like a bus or monorail, even though it’s the best form of transportation in my opinion, when it comes for the need to move a lot of people, you will most likely be sitting with someone. The good news is, all the lines are approximately five minutes, except the ride from Riviera to Epcot which is approximately ten minutes.
The Riviera station is the only station you do not have to exit the cabin. All other stations when the doors open, you must exit and transfer, even if you want to return where you just came from, you must exit. If you don’t, the CM will stop the line till the cabin is empty. The CM is not being mean or want to inconvenience you in an way, it’s a safety issue and we all know Disney takes safety very seriously.

If things aren't very busy, you can always ask to be put in your own Skyliner. They've done it for us the few times I've asked -- but I won't ask if lines are long.
Exactly. 90 percent of the day, you’ll fly alone. Just ask.
( bringing cookies helps too. Lol I’m just kidding!

Is that 7 people total or 6? Not sure if the small child was counted in the six or not.
The more people you have the more likely it is you'll ride alone. It depends on how busy it is and the size of the parties next to you in line. If the party in front of you and behind you each have 5, then you ride alone because either combination exceeds the cabin capacity.
Seven total but my youngest would be in the stroller.

Disney's rules for strollers is that families load single strollers with children riding in them by simply rolling the stroller into the cabin (just as guests can do on the Monorail). Stroller size is limited to 30″ by 48″ when unfolded. Families with larger strollers are able to fold them to bring them onto the Skyliner gondolas, but the maximum capacity will change to from 10 to 6 guests. Children seated in strollers do count as passengers. So if you have one child in a single stroller or two children in a double stroller, you’ll only be able to load 5 and 4 other passengers respectively. If you are a family of over six with one or more strollers, you will be asked to board two gondolas. As with many things at WDW, you may run into the discretion of individual CM's.

Were a family of five and never shared a gondola. We were there over spring break in April when it was super busy. Most times we had a double stroller we folded when we got on.

Our experience both pre and post pandemic has been that DH and I share a gondola when the line is long. When it’s short, we get our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter