Do Alerts really work?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by amiskell28, Dec 7, 2018.

1. amiskell28

amiskell28 Can't wait to get back!

Not sure where else to post this....

Am I crazy? I have set many threads to "watch" or have commented on many threads, so I expect to get alerts when others do. And yet, I don't consistently get alerts when that thread has activity. This has been going on for months. Anyone else? Is there something I can do to fix it?

2. Tiggerlover91

Tiggerlover91 DIS Veteran

I only get alerts when someone likes my post or grabs my post on a reply . So you should have gotten your first alert! :cool1:

amiskell28 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Have you returned to those threads after receiving an alert? You won’t get another new alert until you return to the thread and read the new posts.

amiskell28 likes this.
  5. amiskell28

Thank you, yes I do go back and read them. It just seems that I'll click into a forum (resorts for example, where I'm watching the Poly thread), notice that the thread is near the top of the list and I haven't gotten any alerts. I'll open the thread and there are tons of new posts. Perhaps I just missed the alert....

6. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

Try hitting "mark forums read" every now and then. That will trigger new alerts. They only alert you to the first post since the last time you clicked on the thread or marked the forums as read.

amiskell28 likes this.
  7. amiskell28

Mind blown. I will do that. Thanks! :)

mom2rtk likes this.