DLRP Pin Thread

Love how you display your pins Nikki - may have to give the corkboard one a try myself!

Love the pins everyone, especially your Maleficent collection Bonitatime, the displays are beautiful - I have tried photographing mine but they're not coming out very well - even with a digital camera I'm hopeless.:confused3

I've just bought (not received yet) the last of a series of Eurodisneyland pins, that were given out to Imagineers in 1991, the back reads "Bravo les Imagineers" and I'm looking for inspiration on how to display them - they're quite small, there's 5 of them and they're no bigger than a 10p - any ideas ?

My Maleficent ones all go in the same cabinet with a little bit of blue tack on the back to hold them upright - but I like the idea of getting them framed. :)

One more question, I've seen some "pin locks" in the US on Ebay are they any good ?
Alternatively are the metal backs better than the rubber MM heads ?
Last time we went the kid's left their lanyards back at the hotel because they got so fed up of the pins falling off and they lost a few. :sad1:

How do you find out where and when the pin trading nights/days are? I may be going to DLP in july, and if possible would love to go to one (not that I don't do enough trading with cast members in the parks)

Here's a couple of my favourites

100_3578.jpg

100_3576.jpg

This is a limited edition set Claire got me for Christmas a couple of years ago. They really are some of my most treasured things in the whole world

100_3581.jpg

100_3584.jpg

I took loads more photos but most of them came out a bit on the blured side of things. Gonna work on getting some more taken.

Here are a few of my DLRP Pins. I've bought most from DLRP but a couple I got from eBay. Hope you like . . . .

My DLRP lands and hotel pins.
100_3633.jpg

Favourite rides.
100_3632.jpg

Stitch pins :stitch2:
100_3618.jpg
100_3619.jpg

And Hallowe'en pins :maleficen
100_3620.jpg
100_3610.jpg

Princess pins
100_3622.jpg
100_3621.jpg
100_3601.jpg

My DLRP Studio opening/anniversary pins.
100_3623.jpg
100_3604.jpg

Pin Trading pins.
100_3603.jpg
100_3605.jpg
100_3606.jpg

Others.
100_3614.jpg
100_3609.jpg
100_3608.jpg
100_3590.jpg
100_3612.jpg
100_3631.jpg

I have tried photographing mine but they're not coming out very well - even with a digital camera I'm hopeless.:confused3:

Try not in the sunshine but with reasonable good light, I first tried in the bathroom against a wall as that was how it was reccomended to me.

I've just bought (not received yet) the last of a series of Eurodisneyland pins, that were given out to Imagineers in 1991, the back reads "Bravo les Imagineers" and I'm looking for inspiration on how to display them - they're quite small, there's 5 of them and they're no bigger than a 10p - any ideas ?:

I have these on a cork board waiting for some others in the eurodisney set, but what about with a postcard from the opening or some other memorabilia.

My Maleficent ones all go in the same cabinet with a little bit of blue tack on the back to hold them upright - but I like the idea of getting them framed. :)

This was done with scrapbooking stuff from Argos.

One more question, I've seen some "pin locks" in the US on Ebay are they any good ?:)
I have never had a trouble but I can see with little ones the movement being more easy to lose pins. The rubber ones are better so Locking backs may be better or alternatively one on the hip bags for pins like http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=17952&sid=9317.1170539123.v2

How do you find out where and when the pin trading nights/days are? I may be going to DLP in july, and if possible would love to go to one (not that I don't do enough trading with cast members in the parks)

I will try to post each month when the nights are. There is not one in feb because there is an event on the 17th. They should be the last friday in the month but it doesn't always work out this way. The pin trading team seem to have the last choice when it comes to availability for the hotels for these events so they tend to announce it late.
I am on their emailing list which i got to be on by giving my address to one of the Super traders.
These are a great group of CM's if you have never met any of them go and say hello, if you see the big trading board. You can find out where it will be if you ask in City Hall.

Headzilla - I love the 3 pin set. It took me ages to find one of those.

Vandania. - Have you thought about putting all those park pins on one of the Stitch park maps. This is what I am planning to do with mine.

Yay, I finally took pics of all my pins, however there are many so I won't post them all on here but I have them on photobucket.

Im not sure about a link here as although I know how to, I don't know the proper way to do it without getting it removed so if anyone can help me with that it would be exceptionally appreachiated (did i spell that right?)

I really want to show off all my pins now!:wizard:

Im finally posting the pics. I apoligize that some photos aren't that good. I also have a few more, however they are my sisters (she just lets me look after them)

bullseyeandjessie.png

Bullseye and Jessie
donaldpirate.png

Donald as a pirate (from pirate starter lanyard)
goofy.png

Goofy
findingnemo.png

Finding Nemo
evilstitch.png

Evil Stitch
earffeltower-stitchinvasion-wds.png

WDS - Stitch Invasion - Earffel Tower (Limited Edition)
donald.png

Donald
cowboymickey.png

Mickey as a cowboy (I don't think this is a Paris pin, but its nice none the less)
charlottemickeyandfriends.png

Mickey And Friends - CHARLOTTE (Again, I don't think this came from Paris, but it has my name on!)
buzzlightyearlaserblast.png

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (One of my favourite rides)
buzzlightyear.png

Buzz Lightyear (I think this came from the disney store when they sold pins in the UK)
hotelcheyenne.png

Hotel Cheyenne
winnieeeyoreandtigger.png

Winnie and Friends (Again, from the disney store I think)
stitchwithbeachball.png

Stitch with Beach Ball (I think this may be from WDW)
rocknrollercoaster.png

Rock N Rollercoaster (Another of my favourite rides)
pluto.png

Pluto
minniepintrader.png

Minnie Pin Trading
minnie.png

Minnie
mickeypirate.png

Mickey as a pirate (The other pin off the pirate starter set)
mickeypintrader.png

Mickey Pin Trading
mickey.png

Mickey

liloohana.png

Lilo Ohana (I think this is from the disney store)
lilohula.png

Lilo Hula (The skirt moves too! I think this is from the disney store)
itsasmallworld.png

It's A Small World (An all time favourite ride)
icecreamstitch.png

Stitch eating Ice Cream
woody.png

Woody (Disney store)
halloweenstitch-castmember.png

Halloween Stitch (A cast lanyard pin)

These are great pins - Astro girl. I haven't seen a earful tower yet. thanks for sharing them.

The Earfell Tower pin that is pictured is a new pin that has been released just recently as part of the Stitch Invasion series of WDS (it's #4 in the series), coming off the Stitch Invasion series of the main park in 2005/6.

I only have the first two of the WDS set and still am 1 missing from the first series - Haunted Mansion.

Steve - the haunted mansion pins are like gold dust. I was there the day after the release day and they were all sold out. I went to every pin selling location and nothing.

Are there any rules for trading pins from WDW for DLRP pins with CMs? I was thinking of trading some pins I have for DLRP pins when I'm there later this month.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter