DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some of those masks with the clear plastic panel several months ago. I haven't ever worn them because my husband, daughter, and best friend all have agreed that they're creepy.

Amy word on GCV reservations after February 11? We're scheduled for the end of March, and really have no idea if we are going or not... :(. That's beside the issue that this reservation is a re-booking with our credit from David's, and if GCV isn't open, I have no idea if we'll ever be able to get any value for the money we paid.

thanks to @midnight star
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/02/...adventure-to-launch-food-experience-in-march/
Disney California Adventure will launch a food and beverage experience that is expected to kick off in mid-March during the spring season when the Anaheim theme park typically runs an annual food and wine festival.

“Currently planned to begin mid-March, we will debut an all-new, limited-time ticketed experience, focused on our world-famous food and beverage offerings from around the resort, the latest merchandise and unique, carefully crafted entertainment experiences,” Disneyland president Ken Potrock said in a letter to cast members.

The limited time food and beverage event will bring more than 700 Disney cast members back to work in addition to the 230 employees that have already returned to work along Buena Vista Street, according to theme park officials.

“Teams are working as we speak to start recalling identified cast in the coming weeks,” Potrock said in the letter.

Disney California Adventure and Disneyland closed in March 2020 and are unlikely to return to full operation until spring or summer under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. DCA’s Buena Vista Street returned for shopping and dining in November.

The new ticketed event is targeted to launch in mid-March, take place multiple days per week and include some entertainment but no parades or attractions.

Many of the details of the new DCA food and beverage event have yet to be announced.
There isn’t a name for the event, a description of what it will involve, how much of DCA will be involved, when it will start or how long it will run.
The event will be ticketed but a price has not been announced and it remains to be seen if the free Buena Vista Street experience will continue or not.

One thing is clear: The new Avengers Campus will not be part of the new event. Additional details on what may be offered to legacy annual passholders will be announced at a later date.

thanks to @midnight star
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/02/...adventure-to-launch-food-experience-in-march/
Disney California Adventure will launch a food and beverage experience that is expected to kick off in mid-March during the spring season when the Anaheim theme park typically runs an annual food and wine festival.

“Currently planned to begin mid-March, we will debut an all-new, limited-time ticketed experience, focused on our world-famous food and beverage offerings from around the resort, the latest merchandise and unique, carefully crafted entertainment experiences,” Disneyland president Ken Potrock said in a letter to cast members.

The limited time food and beverage event will bring more than 700 Disney cast members back to work in addition to the 230 employees that have already returned to work along Buena Vista Street, according to theme park officials.

“Teams are working as we speak to start recalling identified cast in the coming weeks,” Potrock said in the letter.

Disney California Adventure and Disneyland closed in March 2020 and are unlikely to return to full operation until spring or summer under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. DCA’s Buena Vista Street returned for shopping and dining in November.

The new ticketed event is targeted to launch in mid-March, take place multiple days per week and include some entertainment but no parades or attractions.

Many of the details of the new DCA food and beverage event have yet to be announced.
There isn’t a name for the event, a description of what it will involve, how much of DCA will be involved, when it will start or how long it will run.
The event will be ticketed but a price has not been announced and it remains to be seen if the free Buena Vista Street experience will continue or not.

One thing is clear: The new Avengers Campus will not be part of the new event. Additional details on what may be offered to legacy annual passholders will be announced at a later date.

Great news!

Is there anywhere I can look to see how far out VGC is cancelling reservations? I keep checking this and another thread on the DVC board but I’m wondering if there is anywhere more scientific.

Is there anywhere I can look to see how far out VGC is cancelling reservations? I keep checking this and another thread on the DVC board but I’m wondering if there is anywhere more scientific.

It's not that far out. They have been cancelling 2-3 weeks on a rolling basis. It hasn't varied much from that. As an example, you can book starting March 5th this morning. But those will likely be cancelled in the next round.

As said by someone else, about 2-3 weeks out. Cancellations are done each Thursday. So the next batch will be for 3/5 - 3/11. Just keep a watch on your dashboard. When I had reservations pending, I would just check my dashboard each Thursday.

As said by someone else, about 2-3 weeks out. Cancellations are done each Thursday. So the next batch will be for 3/5 - 3/11. Just keep a watch on your dashboard. When I had reservations pending, I would just check my dashboard each Thursday.
Thank you both. I’m renting DVC points so I don’t think I have a dashboard. Is there a link or somewhere I can check? Any help would be great. I’m just waiting on an email at this point from the rental company. I don’t like waiting. If I could see each week where they are at, that would help. The first page of this thread says 2/11, sounds like it’s well past that now.

Thank you both. I’m renting DVC points so I don’t think I have a dashboard. Is there a link or somewhere I can check? Any help would be great. I’m just waiting on an email at this point from the rental company. I don’t like waiting. If I could see each week where they are at, that would help. The first page of this thread says 2/11, sounds like it’s well past that now.

OK, if renting points, I think the answer is... there really isn't an official place to see what has been cancelled. There are some third-party apps that may show availability, but not cancellations. I think they are blocked here if memory serves. The first page hasn't been updated and I wouldn't rely on that. I think it's a waiting game, and you can check with your owner or broker at the 3-week mark and go from there.

I didn't see your trip dates posted. But if you are getting nervous and want to try and reschedule to lower the chances of a trip being cancelled, you will want to start that conversation sooner than later, due to the terms of point usage. :thumbsup2

Oh yeah - renting would not have access to the member dashboard. What are the dates of your trip? I can try to remember each Thursday to go in and check how far they are cancelling? Pretty easy to see once they update what dates are not available to book.

Oh yeah - renting would not have access to the member dashboard. What are the dates of your trip? I can try to remember each Thursday to go in and check how far they are cancelling? Pretty easy to see once they update what dates are not available to book.
Thanks again all.
Dates are 3/20-3/25. Based on that when do you think we would see a cancellation? I assume it’s closed through at least the 4th right now.

Would it be March 4th before we hear about 3/20-3/25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter